Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am guessing, that by the time 10.3 rolls out, all the peope with 100/100 will have already gotten 10.2. beforehand.

Then, 10.3, which is hopefully a bit safer to use, will be the first FSD software that the 99/100 people will be allowed to use. If this trend continues, each improved revision will allow another group with lesser scores to get in on driving, because each new FSD should becomes a bit less risky to use.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
I’m anxious to see if Tesla will tame the high speed boost turns as this is the first feedback most people have provided.

Definitely excited to see improvements every few weeks.
I am guessing it won't be easily fixed. The reason they probably have the high speed turning, particularly with unprotected left turns, is the difficulty in finding a big gap in oncoming traffic that would be needed with a slower turn.

Furthermore, even with a bigger gap into which you are turning, that gap can close quickly as you turn, if an oncoming vehicle in the lane you are turning into, is moving faster than FSD estimates. So when you have a chance to turn, rather than wait until you don't, the car races to complete the turn in order to avoid the oncoming car. For Tesla to slow down the turn, they would have to wait for a bigger gap or be better at estimating the speed of the other car coming at you, while you are turning.

Any idea if it will be based on last 7 days 100/100 or all time? I'm trying to decide if I should to the opt-out/opt-in again to reset my score and game it to 100/100 like most people have done. Easy to do 50 miles of highway driving for 2 days straight at 100.

Any idea if it will be based on last 7 days 100/100 or all time? I'm trying to decide if I should to the opt-out/opt-in again to reset my score and game it to 100/100 like most people have done. Easy to do 50 miles of highway driving for 2 days straight at 100.
I think all days are going to be included. There's some people who think it's a rolling 30 days, but for purposes of this thread, it will include all days so far. So, opt'ing in/out is probably your best bet if you can't get to 99 by tomorrow.

Last edited:
I am guessing, that by the time 10.3 rolls out, all the peope with 100/100 will have already gotten 10.2. beforehand.

Then, 10.3, which is hopefully a bit safer to use, will be the first FSD software that the 99/100 people will be allowed to use. If this trend continues, each improved revision will allow another group with lesser scores to get in on driving, because each new FSD should becomes a bit less risky to use.
Improvements don't come that quickly. Unprotected lefts and yielding to turn is still an absolute joke in 10.2 after a lifetime of training on fleet data.

• Disagree
Reactions: 82bert
I am guessing it won't be easily fixed. The reason they probably have the high speed turning, particularly with unprotected left turns, is the difficulty in finding a big gap in oncoming traffic that would be needed with a slower turn.

Furthermore, even with a bigger gap into which you are turning, that gap can close quickly as you turn, if an oncoming vehicle in the lane you are turning into, is moving faster than FSD estimates. So when you have a chance to turn, rather than wait until you don't, the car races to complete the turn in order to avoid the oncoming car. For Tesla to slow down the turn, they would have to wait for a bigger gap or be better at estimating the speed of the other car coming at you, while you are turning.
Their logic is flawed, then. The only thing you have to focus on when making a turn is to find a gap that (1) fits you and gives you a chance to get up to speed to match that lead car, and (2) not spook existing traffic that can't tell if you're an idiot or not.

The logic should be as simple as "here's a lead car, throw a chain to its bumper and follow it" - where that chain is your following-distance in length. Don't sniff its butthole, don't lag like you don't notice it at all... the effect of a robot-controlled car should be that you have a chain attached to their bumper and you follow at that distance. That's all anyone ever wants in traffic - for you, the merging car, to be as transparent and smoothly-blending into existing traffic as possible. Not to cram into traffic at your own speed.

The only consideration made to the car behind you (in a potential gap) is whether you have room for yourself + your following distance + a comfortable following distance to the car behind that shouldn't have to change their speed at all. And in most cases, the gap is way, way big enough for that. But it still chooses to sniff the lead car's butthole instead of just "throwing a chain" to them.

10.3 expected this Friday 10-22-2021 for >>>ALL<<< cars with 99/100 safety score.

Fingers crossed, "all cars" means ALL CARS WITH 99/100 SAFETY SCORE - X & S HW2>AP3>MCU2, Yokers, and ALL the others.
Emphasis here on all cars, including MCU1/HW2->MCU2/HW3 cars, the earliest adopters. They've been left out in the cold for 10.2, but still playing the dumb Safety Game, with no communication from Tesla whatsoever (what's new?).

Yeah, it's a really bad situation -- people actually paid for the MCU2 upgrade and still can't get FSD Beta.

For those of you with 100 scores and no beta, consider this. Using 10.2 is like riding a rodeo bull. It constantly does things to throw you off and the ride is far from smooth. There must have been issues with 10.2 and older Teslas that are preventing wider release. You probably should be happy that Tesla is concerned about your safety.

For those of you with 100 scores and no beta, consider this. Using 10.2 is like riding a rodeo bull. It constantly does things to throw you off and the ride is far from smooth. There must have been issues with 10.2 and older Teslas that are preventing wider release. You probably should be happy that Tesla is concerned about your safety.

Fully aware of this but we’d like to find out for ourselves. And stop playing the Safety Score game. And get those sweet, sweet visualizations finally.

Fully aware of this but we’d like to find out for ourselves. And stop playing the Safety Score game. And get those sweet, sweet visualizations finally.
I definitely feel this. Same argument was made for YouTuber-only FSD Beta... it's awful, you don't really want it. The "for your safety" angle is... it borders on the legitimately offensive.

It's just as experimental and wild to the AP2.5+MCU2 (->AP3) Model 3's, and the various audiences those are, as it is for the early adopter Model S family. I'm one of those Model 3 people as well, and I bought into it because I wanted to be part of the wild rodeo and "grow up with it". It's just messed up that the early adopters of this rodeo are left out so far.

Again: all they have to do is say something, explain why they're being left out. Just. Say. Something.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
Sitting at 99 and going to Big Bear tomorrow, YIKES! I'll be driving grandma speed up the mountain, hopefully will be getting the beta before coming back home.
please don't drive like grandma. Especially not grandma speed. No part of safety score is related to your speed. Just don't be an asshole on the road. There IS a middle ground, and it's how I got 100 without driving like grandma. Still passing traffic jams like a madman in the carpool lane. Use Autopilot. Go the speed limit (or a little over), not 20 over. Remember, AP masks everything, and now includes the 3 seconds after disengaging in the mask as well.

I think all days are going to be included. There's some people who think it's a rolling 30 days, but for purposes of this thread, it will include all days so far. So, opt'ing in/out is probably your best bet if you can't get to 99 by tomorrow.
Agree, opt out, power car down, opt in. Someone said there is a specific sequence for the process then you supposedly start from scratch again. Then get your 100/100 miles and protect it carefully. I have not found the thread on this so just guessing.