Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 19” sport wheels on Model 3 Performance with PUP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's all about the tires - wheels make almost no difference. A sticky summer tire is always going to consume more energy than a low rolling resistance all season.
I was able to achieve the dual motor EPA rated efficiency with 18” wheels and PS4S “sticky summer tires” on my Model 3 Performance. With the 20” Uberturbines my efficiency was 10% worse with equivalent tires.

CE884164-0D55-4102-BEE8-38489F60F776.jpeg

CCCEB8D8-4678-4174-8E8B-3BD558733366.jpeg

I actually don’t think the difference in rolling resistance is that great for cold and fully inflated tires. Hot and under inflated tires would be an entirely different story.

Which 18" wheels are you running? Thanks!
I was able to achieve the dual motor EPA rated efficiency with 18” wheels and PS4S “sticky summer tires” on my Model 3 Performance. With the 20” Uberturbines my efficiency was 10% worse with equivalent tires.

View attachment 870168

View attachment 870169

I actually don’t think the difference in rolling resistance is that great for cold and fully inflated tires. Hot and under inflated tires would be an entirely different story.