Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla All Weather Protection Kit [mudflaps/ppf] - Anyone in the UK Been Contacted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is the redemption code, email just has a redeem link but cost is £50.

This fooled me as well. The process is this:

Follow the link, log in to your Tesla account and select either the mud flap kit or the paint protection film

Go to the start of the checkout process and put in your details

Click through this and there's an option to add a voucher code. Cut and paste the code from the email, editing it to remove the asterisk at the end.

The price should drop to zero after the voucher is applied.

FWIW I ordered the paint protection film, as I already have mudflaps fitted.

Adding to further confusion, just received my invoice.

1547974-00-C Model 3 All Weather Protection Kits

Kits - plural.
I left the default selected as the mudflaps - no idea if I'm getting the mudflaps, protection kit or both!

Didn't twig the difference between the Mud Flaps or Paint Protection, but having read the instructions on installing them both I am glad I "accidentally" picked the mud flaps.

Instructions for the Paint Protection kit say

"Caution: Install the Paint Protection Film Kit when it is dry and warm outside. After installation, do not wash the vehicle and avoid rain for at least 24 hours."

Can't see that happening any time soon!

Given that it appears you get £50 off either the mud flaps & splash guard (All Weather Protection Kit) OR the Paint Protection Film, has anyone tried using the code on anything else to see if it's a flat £50 off whatever you're buying? :)

I'm not certain how effective the original Tesla mud flap and splash guard kits actually are...

vwrrx8nqev361.jpg

Original Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/TeslaLounge/comments/k8uzlz/tesla_mud_flap_and_splash_guard_kit_in_action/

Maybe I’m just an optimised, but I assumed All weather protection kit includes both the mud flats and the paint protection film from the description on the website.

Seems to be either/or. The mud flaps are OK, but as the photo from @Medved_77 shows, the cills still take a battering, as unlike other manufacturers, Tesla don't seem to provide protection to the areas that get hit by muck. Although the film that manufacturers like Toyota seem to apply as standard to the areas that might get chipped does start to discolour after a few years (or at least did on the two white Toyotas I've owned) it does do a good job of protecting the paint in those areas.

Just ordered too, performance March 2020 delivery. Salary sacrifice via NHS but still eligible and gone through with code addressed to me.

I got mine on nhsfleetsolutions in June 2020. No emails at all. Did you get it on the email registered with your tesla account (mine doesn’t show my car there but does show supercharging history).