Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla All Weather Protection Kit [mudflaps/ppf] - Anyone in the UK Been Contacted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received delivery of the mud flaps. Here's what you get if anyone is interested?

View attachment 618481

Not sure what to make of them vs the BougeRV ones that I currently have.

The material feels better quality, odd that only the fronts are supplied, I guess the rear plastic bumper isn't going to corrode though.

Without the extensions they don't cover a large area, with the extensions I can see them scraping on speed bumps.

If anyone wants these and can collect from the KY area then they're yours.

Thanks for flagging this on the other post. I can confirm above that with the extensions it drags not only on speed bumps but also on the ground if you’re going round a corner! I don’t even have the performance with slightly lowered suspension (IIRC) - they will be awful.

Total fail.

My extensions are coming off immediately and I’ll try with just a short ones for a while.

Erm...so mine came today. Am I right in thinking they should come in one box? Am I also right in thinking one set compromises of two mud flaps for the front wheels... I appear to have been given two boxes by DHL. Both in my name, both with the same tracking number, both containing a kit of two mud flaps. Both with an almost identical label o_O

Erm...so mine came today. Am I right in thinking they should come in one box? Am I also right in thinking one set compromises of two mud flaps for the front wheels... I appear to have been given two boxes by DHL. Both in my name, both with the same tracking number, both containing a kit of two mud flaps. Both with an almost identical label o_O
Yes, one set = one box.

Looks like you'll need to buy another Tesla now. Would be a shame to see a set of mudflaps go to waste.

Looks like Santa came early for you. eBay is your friend!

Thanks for flagging this on the other post. I can confirm above that with the extensions it drags not only on speed bumps but also on the ground if you’re going round a corner! I don’t even have the performance with slightly lowered suspension (IIRC) - they will be awful.

Total fail.

My extensions are coming off immediately and I’ll try with just a short ones for a while.

That's interesting. Mine arrived a few days ago and I've yet to decide what to do. If I do end up fitting them I'm thinking it might be an idea to take an inch off the extensions ... any thoughts?

That's interesting. Mine arrived a few days ago and I've yet to decide what to do. If I do end up fitting them I'm thinking it might be an idea to take an inch off the extensions ... any thoughts?

I have done exactly that, the full monty looked too low and I didn't think the smaller sections would do much good.
Cuts easily with a sharp stanley blade.

My one did not fit as well as in the photos before. I was trying to force it in but it keeps popping out.
Both sides are the same.

Attachments

• 20201219_125928.jpg
    20201219_125928.jpg
    616.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20201219_125933.jpg
    20201219_125933.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 20201219_125846.jpg
    20201219_125846.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 20201219_125901.jpg
    20201219_125901.jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 43
I fitted the full extensions, after a little drive on smooth tarmac I can confirm that the extensions are a mistake. They basically drag on the floor when going around a slightly off flat corner! Probably leave them for now, but I'll be trimming or removing the extensions after winter, if any left by then! If I had a performance model 3 which is slightly lowered then they would be running on the floor!
Easy to fit though.

I fitted the full extensions, after a little drive on smooth tarmac I can confirm that the extensions are a mistake. They basically drag on the floor when going around a slightly off flat corner! Probably leave them for now, but I'll be trimming or removing the extensions after winter, if any left by then! If I had a performance model 3 which is slightly lowered then they would be running on the floor!
Easy to fit though.

Good to know it’s not just me. There is no way Tesla have tested these in any way shape or form - including fitment from what I can see on this thread.

Reactions: MrBadger
Moderator comment - post moved from "Free mud flaps"

Received an email from Tesla with a code for free front mud flaps.
Did a search here and cannot see any chat about this.
Fitted them last night they come as 2 parts - rigid and flexible rubberish
All good but on my M3P they are a very close to the ground.

What are others doing ? Just running the rigid plastic or trimming rubber ?

Last edited by a moderator:

I got 2 sets too! I was wondering if they’d sent front & rear but no looks like a cockup. I will see if they get in touch to ask for them back otherwise eBay. I doubt they’ll fetch much as I suspect there’ll be plenty on offer if this has happened to others.