Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Altered my Model X agreement, Adding Already Paid-for Item

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this thread already discussed, I am sorry and please direct to that thread. Thank you very much.

I ordered a Model X in July 2021, including Full Self-Driving Capability. See attachment 1.

Yesterday I received the notice to complete pickup process. Following their payment link, I found there is $10,000 increase in price increase. so I look into their agreement and find there is one additional charge of $10,000 for Full Self-Driven Capability comparing to my original agreement. See Attachment 2.

If this happened to me, it must also have happened to someone else. So I am checking if there are any other person having this situation: Tesla is charging auto pilot twice, in essence. I remember vividly at the time of my order, there is no autopilot and full self-driving capability--you either paid for self-driving or you got nothing (so the term autopilot at the time is meant full self-driving.

Attachments

• 2021-7-25 Customer Original Order.pdf
    94.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 2021-7-26 Tesla altered Order.pdf
    102.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Disagree
Reactions: forzawq
Auto pilot is not included at the time of my order. It came back a while later. No one else ordered a X or S around the time of my order?. Please I need help to confirm my recollection is correct.

Im not sure what you are saying, here. Your first invoice says "autopilot - Included" so yes it was included when you placed your order.

I am saying the autopilot listed as included because I paid for full self-driving, and at the time it means just that. Otherwise it won't list it there.

By the way, I found Tesla used version 2021-11-24 agreement template to modify my original agreement and backdated to 2021-7-26, one day after my original agreement.

I ordered a Model X in July 2021, including Full Self-Driving Capability. See attachment 1.
Attachment 1 does NOT include Full Self Driving option.

The first attachment is AutoPilot only -- that comes standard, and is included with all Model Xs since at least 2019. AutoPilot is not the same thing as Full Self Driving.

The second attachment is AutoPilot + Full Self Driving ($10k option), which is what you wanted. You are not being charged twice.

Maybe you told them you wanted FSD, but you didn't pay for it on the original invoice. It is now $10,000 to add FSD to AutoPilot. AutoPilot never was FSD. When I bought mine it came with AutoPilot, and I opted for Enhanced AutoPilot, and later, before all of the price increases, I added FSD. Still not sure FSD is worth it or will ever fully happen. Can't wait to get home next week and try out the latest Beta.

When FSD first became something you could purchase (the promise), it was 2016. At that time, the base configuration was dummy cruise control, and you could add:
1) Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) for $5k, and
2) Full Self Driving (FSD) for another $3k.

In early 2019, Tesla defined “autopilot” as a part of the base configuration included on all Teslas. They eliminated the EAP option, instead leaving only one upgrade option: FSD, which they very briefly had at $5k, and then steadily started increasing the price. It is currently priced at $15k. If they will let you add it for $10k, the price when you placed your original order, that’s sounding like an ok deal to me.

Tesla has intermittently brought back EAP. It has the single best feature of FSD: auto lane change on highways. But EAP has none of the city streets capability. It is currently $6k.

Edit: @GKwey, I’ve thought of one possible reason that you thought your original configuration had FSD. Tesla says that all cars come with the hardware that makes them capable of FSD. This is not the same thing as unlocking “FSD Capability” which is and always has been an option with a price tag.

Last edited:
Reactions: jboy210
Tesla has intermittently brought back EAP. It has the single best feature of FSD: auto lane change on highways. But EAP has none of the city streets capability. It is currently $6k.
I think EAP has other features and promises. For instance, IIRC, EAP may include the traffic light beta and/or smart summon. I feel like I was using both of those with EAP before I bought the FSD upgrade. Could be different for newer vehicles, though, depending on whether or not they changed the verbiage/marketing for what they're selling as EAP.

ETA: How can you make summon FSD only feature appears to confirm the smart summon and also points out autopark and navigate on autopilot. It doesn't mention the stoplight beta, but it may be included based on how it is classified (as part of an included feature), or I may have remembered wrong.

Last edited:
7/25- Your invoice DOES NOT have FULL SELF DRIVING (10K)
7/26- Your invoice DOES HAVE FSD (10k)
It looks like someone changed your order in a day.

Not sure when but you're lucky. You got a great deal on the X and the FSD at 10k instead of the 15k now. Don't let them change it because they may change the order causing the entire cost of the car to go up by alot.

7/25- Your invoice DOES NOT have FULL SELF DRIVING (10K)
7/26- Your invoice DOES HAVE FSD (10k)
It looks like someone changed your order in a day.

Not sure when but you're lucky. You got a great deal on the X and the FSD at 10k instead of the 15k now. Don't let them change it because they may change the order causing the entire cost of the car to go up by alot.

I don't think FSD is a good deal at even $10K.

The OP doesn't seem to be complaining about the right thing which is that somehow he's getting FSD and being charged for it when he didn't include it in his original order. OP, did you ask Tesla to add FSD to your order? If not, do you want FSD? If not, they should remove it if you didn't order it.

Enhanced at $6K also isn't worth it to me as the only really useful thing for me is simple straight summon...although I'd pay extra for a slow speed summon where I could steer myself with the app rather than shepherding with sensor proximity.

Auto pilot is not included at the time of my order. It came back a while later. No one else ordered a X or S around the time of my order?. Please I need help to confirm my recollection is correct.
I ordered July 4, 2021 - few weeks before you.

Autopilot is included then, see attached agreement for recollecting...
Screenshot_20220928_184637.jpg

I don't think FSD is a good deal at even $10K.

The OP doesn't seem to be complaining about the right thing which is that somehow he's getting FSD and being charged for it when he didn't include it in his original order. OP, did you ask Tesla to add FSD to your order? If not, do you want FSD? If not, they should remove it if you didn't order it.

Enhanced at $6K also isn't worth it to me as the only really useful thing for me is simple straight summon...although I'd pay extra for a slow speed summon where I could steer myself with the app rather than shepherding with sensor proximity.

I still think AP1 is the best 🤣

You never paid for “auto pilot” or “full self drive” in your first order. If you did it would be a line item with a price. You first order was bare bones.

They are honoring the old FSD price.

Take it or leave it.

You can remove it and get your original price back. You will still have auto pilot. You can add EAP or FSD later for a higher price.