Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully more reasonable monthlies so Hyundai can be rewarded for their efforts.
Like black Friday sales sometimes. Prices go up and a sale discounts goes on customer is happy... zero apr, and customer is happy...final ballon is high because high residuals hence very low monthlies, customer is happy... end of term and car is worth less than ballon payment and customer hands it back or refinances and everyone is happy. 🤷‍♂️

Book a test drive and find out?
I have. AWD Excellence model, 15th December. I will feed back. I saw one in the Mayfair showroom this week, build quality looks excellent. Software, not as slick as Model 3, but not bad. HUD and driver display in front of steering wheel = lovely. It has USS, and Stalks! The drive will tell though, as I've heard some reviewers say there is a slight throttle delay, which will rule the car out for me.

Reactions: Js1977
The Porsche Macan EV is looking to be pitched around £80k for a decent spec. It’s going mega premium with all that tech.

Other half has an Audi etron GT coming next week. Will be interesting to compare to Tesla’s which we’ve had for the last 4 years.

I would be very surprised if there's a £30k premium over the current ICE Macan. Managed to spec up a half decent Macan S for under 70k so a base Macan should come in for just over 60
Have you seen the EV premiums that the regular car makers typically add??

Volvo XC40: £36k
Volvo XC40 recharge: £46k - £10k more

Base Merc GLA: £37k (all RRP)
Base Merc EQA: £49k - £12k more

Base BMW 520i petrol: £49.8k
Base BMW i5 eDrive 40: £73.2k - £23k more

The indicated 100kWh battery in the Macan will be a big factor in pricing, based on the costs for other cars with similar size batteries (all over £80k).
The base Taycan has a 79.2kWh battery (71kWh usable) and RRP of £79k.
Base ICE Macan is £54k, so you're in cloud cuckoo land if you think an EV version with 100kWh battery will only cost £60k.

Yeah no way in a million years is a 100kW battery Porsche Macan going to cost £60k. I reckon it'll be knocking on the doors of £80k before options.

Linked article doesn't mention range, which is interesting. Some digging seems to suggest range is expected to be around 300 miles, which seems pretty underwhelming for a 100kW battery no? I suppose that range is more likely to be actually realised though, compared to Tesla WLTP quotes.

Base BMW 520i petrol: £49.8k
Base BMW i5 eDrive 40: £73.2k - £23k more
Not really a like for like comparison. A more accurate comparison would be between 540i and an edrive 40.

Either way, none of the examples you provide are a 30k uplift.

Also this is Porsche’s entry level SUV, 80k would have it on the tailcoats of the Taycan which is well up their food chain.

This would be enough to put me off. I dont like the idea of paying more money for extra battery just because of their inability to make a more efficient car.
WhatCar quoting "up to 310 miles" and estimated OTR price of £75k - 2024 Porsche Macan electric SUV: first ride review

As said that is probably an accurate 310 miles though. Still not that great though considering the battery size.