Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, are they snakes or dumber than a brick?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone has there limits.

When the car company I just handed over a $180k, more or less calls me DAILY, saying I’m a dead beat. I have serious issues with that.

If they just said, we’ll check into and get back to you, I’d be much better about it.

Basically I get a TXT every day that good be good news or bad news. So it’s been bad news every time and basically I get more frustrated every single time I call. And I’m not gonna to just ignore it because I’m the type that looks at things naively and hoping that’s it’s resolved resolved and I get an apology. Or the msg is you need to just do X to clear things up. And I can see a month from now them saying we called you but you never responded so we sent it to collection agency. So I call every F’n day in response to THERE request to do so.THAT is the problem. I can’t just ignore it. They set me me up with a vague urgent msg every day.

They are absolute F ups. And folks like you defending this absolute abysmal behavior is really funny. I put up with plenty of *sugar* from them before. But when it comes to finances I have little tolerance for this.

It’s not like I’m not talking to someone. The idiot actually thinks he’s doing it right.

My OA checked it and he says everything is correct. But he has no power to fix it.
You are your own worst enemy. You complain that you are banging your head against a wall. To suggestions that you stop doing that, you say you must continue because you fear demons only you can see. And the pain is somebody else's fault.

Sounds like you're going to have problems with everything unless you buy a matched set. Your car better match your phone better match your home better match your office. What happens when you decide you like some other system better? Replace all of them?

The usual case is that you have to decide on some lowest common denominator that everybody supports. Maybe that works for you.

Every other car brand pretty much supports Android Auto and/or Apple Carplay at the moment in their new models. Every modern phone works with every other car brand, Tesla is the lone proprietary nav holdout.

I have a Chevy Bolt that I prefer for its nav phone integration. The Chevy walled garden is worse than Tesla, but I never use it. That car works fine for SoCal, but I need AWD drive for Denver mountain commutes. The Audi and Jag AWD EV options are not my style (Note: both supporting screen mirroring), but perhaps the VW CROZZ out next year will be the thing.

Every other car brand pretty much supports Android Auto and/or Apple Carplay at the moment in their new models. Every modern phone works with every other car brand, Tesla is the lone proprietary nav holdout.

I have a Chevy Bolt that I prefer for its nav phone integration. The Chevy walled garden is worse than Tesla, but I never use it. That car works fine for SoCal, but I need AWD drive for Denver mountain commutes. The Audi and Jag AWD EV options are not my style (Note: both supporting screen mirroring), but perhaps the VW CROZZ out next year will be the thing.

I just replaced the Model 3 with a Chevy Volt. Love it. And I don’t expect the Chevy dealer to call me a week later saying I owe them money. scary how much in some ways it’s built better than the Model 3. I really would choose it over a Model 3. In fact if it arrived before the X did I might have canceled the Model X. But I’m ok with the X. This fiasco just tripped a fuse. I took a big chance on them and looked past there endless screw ups. But this was just to much.

But there are things I like about Tesla hardware and I took a chance on a Model X. But I never expected such incompetence.

Oh the Chevy Volt can handle the USB music that was NTFS formatted that I had in the Jeep. Just popped it in and worked. But no, I have to go back to DecadeS old Fat32 for my shiny new techno advanced Tesla.

You have to put up with a LOT of crap with Tesla. And believe me I had second thoughts about buying the Model X. I partly bought the Model X because they don’t offer extended Service Plans on the Model 3 and I won’t own a Tesla without a Service plan (I may be stupid for buying two new Tesla’s in a year, but I’m not that stupid). I also felt burned by them also breaking contract with what FSD would cost if I didn’t buy it with the car on the Model 3. I paid $8k, then they let folks buy it for $5k. And the contract said it would be $11k (or more) if I didn’t pay the $8k with the car. Boy am I mad at myself for not realizing this wouldn’t be the only time Tesla would try to F me over.

Reactions: kavyboy and Reeler
You had me sympathizing with ur plight until you said a Volt>Model 3.

Not a chance.....

Try closing a Model 3 door and the a Volt Door side by side.

Volt rides smoother. Gosh I’d do anything to avoid a speed bump in the Model 3.
It cost half as much.
It is much quieter (triple door gaskets)
It doesn’t slam on the brakes with Adaptive Cruise Control
CarPlay works great. I don’t really require Car Play if Tesla would just fix the many gaps, bugs in their implementation.

I can natively install Pandora,Spotify and others. (Separate from CarPlay). I can call up USB music by voice.

It has real Cross Path detection and real Blind Spot.

No it doesn’t go 0-60 in 3.1 secs. But I could care less about that.

I’m not afraid of hitting a large puddle in the Volt, nor worry about the rear bumper falling off. Or the roof cracking (again).

Oh, and the hatch is awesome and doesn’t pour water in the trunk.

has Heated wheel too.

I did very little research on the Volt honestly. I just found the 53 mile battery range would effectively make it a 99% electric use for what we will use it for. The fact that I’m floored by what I see, hear and feel is icing on the cake.

The stats it displays is much more extensive.

oh and it can come to full stop on regen. The regen boost button on the wheel is a blast. Does your model 3 have that?

I keep finding more stuff that it does that Model 3 didn’t do or do well.

That all said the Model X seems way better built than the 3. It better be for $100k. I think the Volt might still be quieter though. Sad but true.

oh and the panel gaps, which I generally could care less about. Wow, they are absolutely perfect and so is the paint on the Volt. They are “ok” on the Model 3 and X. But I know many members here would reject both my Tesla’s.

And something really odd is, I actually got the Windshield clean in the Volt with normal Window cleaner. I never got my glass clean in the Model 3. Still working on the X. There is more crap on that glass. So much crap you put with in Tesla.

I think the seats are nicer in the Volt with better Bolsters than the 3. But the X tops both. There is way to much chrome on the Volt dash though. Model 3 audio is a little better than the Volt. Model X tops both.

Last edited:
If one can see through their koolaide haze, Tesla really has some serious issues. I tried to buy my 7th new Tesla and they wanted to deliver a unit with scratches clear through the paint. After insisting on a due bill or at least an e-mail documenting the damage, they said their would be none and they would not fix the scratches on a brand new car. I walked away, of course.

Their delivery and build quality sucks, their customer service if you need service is non-existent, it took three attempts to fix a simple service issue recently and I am on my second attempt for another. I paid for FSD and will probably never see anything real before I sell my car after three years of use. Tesla really needs adult supervision. How they don't get sued for selling FSD vaporware is beyond my comprehension.

I agree with @mswlogo, other brands are better in many respects. I love the nav on my Chevy Bolt. The acceleration is as good as I need it. I have bought three of them for me and my family and fit/finish was perfect every time as was delivery. I do get hassled for the free oil changes, but at least they are eager to service the car.

#TeslaDumpsterFire

It's just a small gap for now until other manufacturers start pushing out better EVs. If someone wants a Tesla now, I'd say wait if possible, watch the market and get something else.

Before Tesla fans start jumping in with "but only tesla has an extensive supercharger network", I'd say for city driving home charging is more than enough for almost everyone and for someone who roadtrips a lot and must have an EV, yes, if they can live with all the quality/design/service issues tesla has, go ahead, get one. Otherwise, there are still nice ICE cars around to fill the gap.

Edit: to answer the thread question, I'd say a bit of both.

You are your own worst enemy. You complain that you are banging your head against a wall. To suggestions that you stop doing that, you say you must continue because you fear demons only you can see. And the pain is somebody else's fault.

Your attitude here is pathetic... Yes, yes I know in your eyes Tesla can do no wrong and blah blah blah but for the love of... You are in NO position to tell someone else how they should feel about something, much less insult them because they aren't following your commands to think differently.

Tesla as a company is a DUMPSTER FIRE... It's getting worse, not better, and if you have stock in this company right now you're either crazy or refuse to see the obvious wall Tesla is speeding directly towards. This company is broken, and it's fully of incompetent and corrupt people who are only making things worse...

Jeff

I won't argue about what car is better, but the volt was discontinued. Production on the volt has ended:

Chevy Volt Production Has Officially Come To An End

I know, it's a sin it was discontinued.

I had kind of written it off concerned about long term support, but after a bunch of research and reading a story of a GM Employee that has 470,000 miles on his Volt and the battery is still good, I'm not to worried. It's also another reason why I wanted a 2019, the new charging system in the Volt is the same as the Bolt. And it has their latest entertainment system, which works really good. Tons of changes on the 2019. For sure, the discontinuation was clearly not planned ahead (why all the updates if your gonna discontinue it). I wrote up another thread in how clueless the GM dealers are in selling modern era cars. That was the problem, not public perception.

At some point, Tesla is going to have to mature. But, it keeps getting worse. I think I will bail once VW releases a cheap AWD next year. The lack of Apple Carplay / Android Auto has me hating the ride as I fumble with my phone constantly to play media and make calls.

#TeslaDumpsterFire
oh my god, that's horrible how can you live like that?

Everyone has there limits.

When the car company I just handed over a $180k, more or less calls me DAILY, saying I’m a dead beat. I have serious issues with that.

If they just said, we’ll check into and get back to you, I’d be much better about it.

Basically I get a TXT every day that good be good news or bad news. So it’s been bad news every time and basically I get more frustrated every single time I call. And I’m not gonna to just ignore it because I’m the type that looks at things naively and hoping that’s it’s resolved resolved and I get an apology. Or the msg is you need to just do X to clear things up. And I can see a month from now them saying we called you but you never responded so we sent it to collection agency. So I call every F’n day in response to THERE request to do so.THAT is the problem. I can’t just ignore it. They set me me up with a vague urgent msg every day.

They are absolute F ups. And folks like you defending this absolute abysmal behavior is really funny. I put up with plenty of *sugar* from them before. But when it comes to finances I have little tolerance for this.

It’s not like I’m not talking to someone. The idiot actually thinks he’s doing it right.

My OA checked it and he says everything is correct. But he has no power to fix it.
well keep fighting it, good luck, every company has low level lackeys that are morons, hell even the higher ups can be morons. why would tesla be any different. what do you expect for low paying jobs? have you never encountered incompetence in anything else in your life? I could write books about FORD, Mercedes, and several other companies, not to mention the govt. hope you solve it.

well keep fighting it, good luck, every company has low level lackeys that are morons, hell even the higher ups can be morons. why would tesla be any different. what do you expect for low paying jobs? have you never encountered incompetence in anything else in your life? I could write books about FORD, Mercedes, and several other companies, not to mention the govt. hope you solve it.

The lengths some will go to justify unethical and incompetent behavior... By your logic, there isn't a single competent person working at Tesla, why would you buy from them?

Jeff

Reactions: Darren Donovan
The lengths some will go to justify unethical and incompetent behavior... By your logic, there isn't a single competent person working at Tesla, why would you buy from them?

Jeff
um i think you got it completely backwards, or don't understand what i wrote... I said there are incompetent people that you sometimes have to deal with, but to judge a company based on that one or two morons, like the originator of this thread is doing, is foolish.

I have had great dealings with Tesla since 2014, and in 3 different states. So I will buy from them again. I am not justifying incompetence, just explaining that in all companies you can find incompetence, but that doesn't stop you from working with them.

Well I extracted a bit more information of why this is so F'd up.

If you'll read my opening post about how the purchase went they had issues printing documents when I picked the car up.

Other people came and went, but not me (Felt like I was the chosen one in the TSA line).
Maybe I was one of the few with a Trade.

Anyway my understanding is the system was "down" when I picked up the car.

So they basically redid all the contracts when the system was up again WITHOUT a trade in, which has the full tax amount and without my signature. They send me docs with NO signatures !!

Then they took the Trade + ACH and said it doesn't match the contract that they just made up !!

So now they are "Investigating". He said they have a back log etc. it would take less time to fix than he spent on the phone with me.

Every time he says they are "investigating" (I think total incompetence).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: HankLloydRight
Well I extracted a bit more information of why this is so F'd up.

If you'll read my opening post about how the purchase went they had issues printing documents when I picked the car up.

Other people came and went, but not me (Felt like I was the chosen one in the TSA line).
Maybe I was one of the few with a Trade.

Anyway my understanding is the system was "down" when I picked up the car.

So they basically redid all the contracts when the system was up again WITHOUT a trade in, which has the full tax amount and without my signature. They send me docs with NO signatures !!

Then they took the Trade + ACH and said it doesn't match the contract that they just made up !!

So now they are "Investigating". He said they have a back log etc. it would take less time to fix than he spent on the phone with me.

Every time he says they are "investigating" (I think total incompetence).
Hey, you’re making progress so that’s good. Sometimes it just takes a while for them to see the light.

Hey, you’re making progress so that’s good. Sometimes it just takes a while for them to see the light.

Not much progress of fixing anything, I just better understand how they F’d it up.

This company has totally lost me. It’s not the money. I could care less about the money. It’s down the road if I need help I’m concerned about. If they can’t resolve this simple mistake in an hour, something is very very wrong.

The guy says 3 departments (his office, delivery center and the show room) are investigating this. The showroom I demo’d it at and did the trade in quote, he says what I paid is correct. But this Russel Moron is clueless. And he’s the one overseeing the “investigation”.

I think I’d almost prefer snake oil rather than utter incompetence. You can reason with a snake, especially if you catch him in the act. I can respect someone smart even if they are devious. I have a tough time respecting a total idiot in a critical role. How do you reason with a complete idiot?

What if I had an accident that was truly due to a defect or design flaw in the car. How would that go? Or an expensive warranty claim. I didn’t know a company this big and person in this role was possible.

Last edited:

Uh, no, I think I see his "demons" pretty clearly: he gave a company a truckload of money and they're responding with telling him via an impersonal text message he owes even more because they hired an idiot who doesn't know the tax laws to navigate transactions that easily top 100k. When that kind of money is at play, there is no excuse. Part of what you pay for in a luxury service or product is luxury treatment. He's not even getting that. He's not even getting the level of service I got on my 2007 Sentra. He's getting shady used car lot service.

I can't even believe there are still Tesla apologists at this point when there's such a mountain of evidence of their service failures. I guess it's better than the "denialists" that populated this board a year ago. "That wasn't my experience... blah blah blah..."

Read their glassdoor reviews. Their internal culture is incredibly toxic. And over the last few years the reports of poor service, late/lost deliveries, delays on refunds, etc., are undeniable. It's time to call b***s*** on this continued claim it was just "that one guy".

Reactions: HankLloydRight