TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla at the Toronto Auto Show!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by hingisfan, Feb 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

Let's get some pics in this thread of the daily mob of people at the Tesla exhibit at the Toronto Auto Show!

Rumour is the Model 3 will be there and should be the talk of the show!

• Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

Are you heading over to check it out hingisfan ? I used to love the anticipation of going to the Toronto show every spring; my buddy and I always headed over from Belleville. A couple times we wento the Detroit show which of course was even more amazing.

The Vancouver one is "meh" in comparison.

3. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Jaguar I-Pace will be there

4. ytwytw

ytwytw Member

In for Model 3

5. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

I had to check the guide to see if they were going to show up - yes they are. Last year they weren't there. I would hope they bring a Model 3, although it's on the Exotics floor on Level 100 - they should push it out somewhere in the middle of Level 800 to showcase against it's nearest competitors. It'll be interesting how much added traffic will be there. Also note there is an EV test drive located on Level 800 behind Mercedes and Lexus in the back (south side).

6. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

I might be going but not sure yet.
    Trevor Page from M3OC says the 3 will be there, hes usually spot on with his info.

7. wayner

wayner Active Member

I should hope that they should be able to bring the Model 3 - it isn't like they are all that rare as they are rolling off the assembly line now and being delivered in the US.

8. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

I have zero interest in the Model 3! That’s me of course and others have different opinions. Great, if that’s what you want to see. Personally, I’d like to see the Tesla Pickup truck when it comes out. Now that is worth going to see!

• Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. Kenypowa

Kenypowa Member

• Like x 5
    • Love x 1
  10. Nikkin

Nikkin Member

Is that from the Toronto Autoshow?

Is there anyone from Tesla around to allow people to sit inside and take a look at the car closely or is it a locked display?

11. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

12. wayner

wayner Active Member

Why don't they bring several Model 3s? As I mentioned above they have built over 7000 of them and they seem to be building them at a rate of 1000 per week. Surely they could bring a few of them around to auto shows.

13. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

Of course! They had to miss Montreal!

14. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

What do you mean?

15. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

So, will they also bring a Roadster 2020?! What a wish!

16. pmich80

pmich80 Between U and me I'm giddy waitin' for the Model ≡

I just got back from a trip to LA with some friends and I dragged them to Century City Mall to see the car. They didn't understand my obsession. They were definitely wowed though. I have to tell you, like everyone else says, photos don't do it justice. The car looks gorgeous. The front looks like a Porsche and the all glass roof is a stunner. Definitely make an effort to go see it if you haven't seen one in person.

IMG_20180212_104259.jpg IMG_20180212_104401.jpg IMG_20180212_104418.jpg

• Like x 2
  17. Phillip L

Phillip L Gas Passer

Looks like two people sitting inside in the picture. Hope they let them out for Port-a-Pottie breaks!:D

• Funny x 1
  18. Neo_fd3s

Neo_fd3s Member

It's good for Tesla to bring their 3 around. Many people will get a first hand look at it.
    It's too bad I missed media day yesterday. I would've liked to get some 1 on 1 time with it. But I promised myself I won't be doing anymore autoshows.
    I'm going to patiently wait for the 3 to make its big arrival here in Canada, and that'll be that. I'm not interested in anything else out there..

19. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I was at the VIP Evening yesterday and I believe they said the car was going to make its way to the Yorkdale store.

20. SnoopyMarkham

SnoopyMarkham Member

As per a Trevor tweet, the M3 will NOT be open to the public during the auto show. It was only open for media day for media people.

Model 3 Owners Club on Twitter