Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the text at 3:26 this arvo and clicked right on it but bookings must have all gone by time I got my text.
It's not based on when you get the text, the bookings are offered based on when your car will get to the delivery centre.

Right now the transport companies are booking the trucks to transport the cars from Fremantle to the storage facility, and from there to the Osborne Park delivery centre - with the first ~100 going direct to Osb Park.

Because Tesla only have room for around 100 cars in Osborne Park but 600 to deliver in this batch they want them in and out ASAP, so in FranklinT's case the car will be booked to arrive on the 26th, and yours on the 31st - and Tesla will want the cars gone in 2 or 3 days.

They actually have my exact colour and spec in inventory due to an order cancellation, ready in this delivery batch as of next week.

I rang and asked to switch my order to the inventory model and was advised that to do that I'd have to cancel my order, forfeit the $400 order fee and reorder the inventory model (and pay another order fee).

Pretty unhappy with that option, so someone who orders that car as of today will receive it before I receive the one I ordered in April...

That's a pretty ordinary way to treat your existing customer base imo.

They actually have my exact colour and spec in inventory due to an order cancellation, ready in this delivery batch as of next week.

I rang and asked to switch my order to the inventory model and was advised that to do that I'd have to cancel my order, forfeit the $400 order fee and reorder the inventory model (and pay another order fee).

Pretty unhappy with that option, so someone who orders that car as of today will receive it before I receive the one I ordered in April...

That's a pretty ordinary way to treat your existing customer base imo.
Yeah that doesn't seem right, I just thought the inventory was excess stock where there was no previous orders to fill.

I always figured it was a combo of stock excess to existing orders and order cancellations.

They advised me that this model was a cancellation, I pointed out that this meant that had already retained the 400 dollar order fee on this vehicle so I didn't understand why I had to forfeit my order fee as well in order to secure this vehicle.

There was a lot of back and forth with the rep who stated that Tesla worked on a queing system, I agreed with them and asked if this was in fact the case, why is the last person to join the queue getting a vehicle before those who have been waiting for months? If it was going to someone who had been waiting longer-no issue...

All in all, I'm pretty annoyed, I was originally on the verge of cancelling my order completely on principle, fortunately I've calmed down a fair bit now. Figured the only person who really loses out doing that is me!

Yes it's common for Mol Ace to say "T Vessel" as a placeholder if the next ship isn't confirmed. Crystal Ace is due in Fremantle around the 19th of August

Thanks for the info, that's the biggest WA shipment this year.

Looks like:
300x Model Y RWD, 30x Model Y Long Range
200x Model 3 RWD, 60x Model 3 Long Range, 10x Model 3 Performance.
Crystal Ace is now confirmed to bring these 600 cars to Fremantle

And it's just picked up another 149 Teslas from Shanghai for Fremantle, so assuming they don't get offloaded in Singapore or Thailand (because these things are always subject to change) that's nearly 750 Teslas arriving at once :oops:

We're going to need another delivery centre.

It's picked up another 265 Teslas for Auckland too.

Reactions: shadab and PDM02
I just received the message that I have had a car assigned to my order (I ordered 19th of July).

Typically how long after you have been matched are you able to see your VIN?

I have my fingers crossed for a current Model M3LR and am hoping they aren’t going to just surprise me with a new project highland. 😅

Typically how long after you have been matched are you able to see your VIN?
The message normally comes the day after your VIN is assigned, so you should have been able to see it yesterday.

The VIN won't show up on the account page until very close to delivery, so you need to either search the source code (of the product-finalize page) or use something like the Tesla VIN Finder chrome extension to find it for you.

But if you have a pending trade-in request or have any of the "tasks" outstanding (filling your license details, choosing cash vs finance etc) then there will be no hidden VIN until nothing is outstanding.

Tha
The message normally comes the day after your VIN is assigned, so you should have been able to see it yesterday.

The VIN won't show up on the account page until very close to delivery, so you need to either search the source code (of the product-finalize page) or use something like the Tesla VIN Finder chrome extension to find it for you.

But if you have a pending trade-in request or have any of the "tasks" outstanding (filling your license details, choosing cash vs finance etc) then there will be no hidden VIN until nothing is outstanding
Thank you!
For some reason this afternoon it wasn’t accepting my address to be able to finish my tasks, this evening it finally accepted it and I was able to complete the tasks and get the VIN. 👌🏼

Reactions: [Zombie]
Out of curiosity I ran a VIN check on the M3LR that’s been assigned to me and the specs don’t really add up. Online it states that M3LR has 435hp and a 75kwh battery, where as the VIN decoder states this car will have 491hp and a 79kwh batter?
Any ideas why there would be a discrepancy?

Attachments

• IMG_0213.jpeg
    IMG_0213.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 72