Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla delivery times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at some of the M3 threads, it appears people who have found their VIN in the source received an official VIN text from Tesla within 24-48 hrs and delivery within 3 days of that. So those of us who sourced our VIN today should hopefully get scheduled for delivery in the next few days or by the weekend.

Reactions: SoCalMike
Received my VIN tonight @7:00 p.m. First ordered 10/22 MX LR, black on black 5 seater. Tesla built wrong - 22" wheels so they reordered on 12/6. VIN is 230xxx. but is an L so a 2020. Checked my account and have the new MVPA.
You see your vin in the source code or in your account ? I got a vin too in source code today but no MVPA. In fact no visible change in the account.

So . . . something crazy happened. My Model X just showed up at my house just past noon. I was given no warning. I was not told anything. I happened to be home because I had a sick kid and needed to go pick up my HS son because he was done taking his finals. My Tesla was literally parked at my gate. The guy gave me the keys and drove off.

So . . . something crazy happened. My Model X just showed up at my house just past noon. I was given no warning. I was not told anything. I happened to be home because I had a sick kid and needed to go pick up my HS son because he was done taking his finals. My Tesla was literally parked at my gate. The guy gave me the keys and drove off.

Uh.. wow! That’s weird, interesting and exciting all at the same time! Congrats!

Just order an email from tesla asking me to confirm my availability for delivery in 2019
choices are from dec 22 -31 , going to be out of town 23-27, hope they can get to me before the holiday
order 11/8 LA area

Just order an email from tesla asking me to confirm my availability for delivery in 2019
choices are from dec 22 -31 , going to be out of town 23-27, hope they can get to me before the holiday
order 11/8 LA area

I just got the same email. No VIN here either.

Oh - and check that email - it asked what dates you are UNavailable . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Got source code last night along with MVPA. Made payment and submitted my unavailable time this morning. Should be moving pretty quickly from here. We shall see. Ordered LR Oct 22

I found my VIN yesterday afternoon in the source code about the same time as many others on this board but I have not recieved any formal information from Tesla. No email advising of VIN or dates I am unavailbale or purchase agreement. Its my SA's day off (probably his last one for a while) so maybe that has someting to do with it but I would assume the email is automatically generated by Tesla. Or maybe it has to do with date ordered - I oredered 10/31. Has anyone else found thier VIN but received nothing else?

I found my VIN yesterday afternoon in the source code about the same time as many others on this board but I have not recieved any formal information from Tesla. No email advising of VIN or dates I am unavailbale or purchase agreement. Its my SA's day off (probably his last one for a while) so maybe that has someting to do with it but I would assume the email is automatically generated by Tesla. Or maybe it has to do with date ordered - I oredered 10/31. Has anyone else found thier VIN but received nothing else?
So I think you'll probably want to get ahold of your SA, what i did was I sent an email to my SA and she confirmed that I have a VIN and told me the car was in the "painting" stage. She gave me the VIN number too via email, even though the website hasn't updated to reflect the VIN i had in my source code.

I did receive an email from my SC (I assume), asking me to select my unavailable dates. It showed the 22nd to the 31st so I assume that most deliveries are going to happen at the end of the year at this point. Also, she did mention that the Tesla SC is going to be delivering from 6am to midnight in this time frame.

I was so excited to see VIN in source code and reached out to SA for expected delivery date. She is saying it is a pre-production vehicle and this assignment could change if quality control team doesn't approve the vehicle. Not sure if she was scaring me or what :p No delivery date, no MVPA in account. wondering what is pre-production :rolleyes: