Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla delivery times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Folks .. I live in fremont, ordered on 11/15 and have no information on delivery whatsoever. I ordered model X and a model 3 so I could take tax write off. Just got a message that my mode 3 won’t be delivered this year and still no info on mode x. Tesla’s customer service has been downright horrible. No one cares to respond back, pick up the call and customer advisors never responded to a single text since the day they took both the orders.
We have seen many examples in the history, no matter how great the products are, poor customer service takes the company down. I hope Tesla doesn’t become another Oracle.

Hello Folks .. I live in fremont, ordered on 11/15 and have no information on delivery whatsoever. I ordered model X and a model 3 so I could take tax write off. Just got a message that my mode 3 won’t be delivered this year and still no info on mode x. Tesla’s customer service has been downright horrible. No one cares to respond back, pick up the call and customer advisors never responded to a single text since the day they took both the orders.
We have seen many examples in the history, no matter how great the products are, poor customer service takes the company down. I hope Tesla doesn’t become another Oracle.
Since you live there, are you picking up at the factory? I'm also in the east bay, but picking up in SF. Sounds like 12/31 is going to be a madhouse at the Tesla delivery locations.

Is anyone else afraid their wheels are going to fall off because it was installed by a sleep deprived secretary at the end of the quarter? I've been told by acquaintances who work there that literally everybody in the company is recruited to build/deliver at quarter-ends, even if they've never worked in a factory before.

Since you live there, are you picking up at the factory? I'm also in the east bay, but picking up in SF. Sounds like 12/31 is going to be a madhouse at the Tesla delivery locations.

Is anyone else afraid their wheels are going to fall off because it was installed by a sleep deprived secretary at the end of the quarter? I've been told by acquaintances who work there that literally everybody in the company is recruited to build/deliver at quarter-ends, even if they've never worked in a factory before.
picking up MX tomorrow in LA too, kind of worry about the quarter end quality...

Reactions: FairWeatherFan

Yes, picking up at the factory. Given the fact that my build will be completed tonight, and my appointment is 8 PM on Dec 31st, I am really concerned about the quality. I dont think delaying the delivery will be of help, because I will still get the same car if I push my delivery to Jan.

Yes, picking up at the factory. Given the fact that my build will be completed tonight, and my appointment is 8 PM on Dec 31st, I am really concerned about the quality. I dont think delaying the delivery will be of help, because I will still get the same car if I push my delivery to Jan.

Perhaps not. I can’t pick up until January 2 and Tesla just unmatched me and sold my car to someone else. I’m so effin ticked right now.

i still have the feeling that they will fuxked up and not able to ship the car to me tomorrow after they have changed thee appointment 2 times..

A family member is getting rescheduled for the 4th time for their X.

This will be the 4th Tesla being picked up with family/friends. My Model S pickup experience was fantastic back in 2016. Model 3 was more streamlined, but expected.

This Model X delivery so far has been horrid and like many folks, really makes me concerned on Tesla's long term customer service commitment goals.

so first it said i can pick up on 29 at 11am, then it said it can't make it and move to 30 at 5pm and I just receive message said it move again to 31 at 1pm , so just get a call right now that they are asking me to take delivery on 31 at 9pm, wtf are they thinking?

Sad story on my order and another example Tesla doesn't keep their promise.

Ordered MX LR 7 seater on 12/4.
At that time, Tesla website was saying "You will get before 12/31 if you order now".
Also my sales associate confirmed it can be delivered by 12/31.

Got a text on 12/24 as below. It's a strange notice as I need some time to have a loan.
"We currently expect your Model X to be built on 12/30 and have tentatively scheduled your delivery appointment for 12/31 at 11:30 AM at the Dublin delivery center. A Tesla representative will reach out to confirm this appointment 24-48 hours before your delivery day."

Complained to my SA, and he recommended to get a Tesla loan then get a match within 7 day window.

Got a call from delivery center on 12/28 that my MX is not under construction yet so need to reschedule the delivery.
This meant I couldn't get it by 12/31.

Today, my SA said, my delivery would be available in Mar 2020. What??????????????????? Seriously?????????????
As per my SA, no official compensation for this broken promise and missing tax credit for now. :(

Would there be price down to match the end of tax credit as Tesla has done previously? Sigh~.

They tell me my Model X is on a truck and will be headed to SF tonight/tomorrow morning.

fingers crossed...
Last night, they texted me and said "Don't pick up at Fremont, we're already getting it on a truck to SF" and they scheduled me for 1:30pm. They just texted me saying they need more time to get the car to SF and have pushed me back to 7pm. They are "trying to get the car delivered to me this year."

Today, my SA said, my delivery would be available in Mar 2020. What??????????????????? Seriously?????????????
As per my SA, no official compensation for this broken promise and missing tax credit for now. :(

Would there be price down to match the end of tax credit as Tesla has done previously? Sigh~.
March?? What happened to Jan & Feb?? Although, as i stated in an earlier post, if it weren't for both the tax credit AND business deduction for 2019, I would be okay with delaying for several months to see if the major interior redesign is actually going to happen. I wouldn't want to take a car in the first week of January... that would mean it was probably built during the quarter-end, sleep-deprived crush (with associated QA issues) and I wouldn't get the tax credit.

Last night, they texted me and said "Don't pick up at Fremont, we're already getting it on a truck to SF" and they scheduled me for 1:30pm. They just texted me saying they need more time to get the car to SF and have pushed me back to 7pm. They are "trying to get the car delivered to me this year."
Another update... NOW they're telling me to go to the FREMONT FACTORY to pick up my car... lol...

Well. This is the pickup line at the Tesla Factory right now:

c789a47f092556db6dad5d40aea638385e34a3ae-1

They're literally delivering cars right off the factory line. Not a good way to start off the customer service experience.

At the end, this is a "first world problem" but should still be brought up. I'm sure their numbers will be fantastic for FY end, but man, really hope Tesla makes Customer Service a priority in 2020 instead of just talking about it.

MX owner here, at first saying i will be picking up the car on 29 at 11am, then change to 30 at 5pm, then told me the car is expect to ship out on 30 and wont make my appointment time, so move me again to 31 at 1pm, then last night call me again saying the car has not been shipped, and move me again to 31 at 9pm, so instead of sitting , i decide to go to the delivery center at 1pm and make sure the car is on the way to LA, the staff told me that yes it has leave the factory, so i decide to stay home waiting for the car instead of going out to park.
Then i just get a call at 7pm saying my car is not going to arrive today, and ask me to set another apportionment after Jan 2, what a joke tesla!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know what else to say other than fuxk you !!!!!

MX owner here, at first saying i will be picking up the car on 29 at 11am, then change to 30 at 5pm, then told me the car is expect to ship out on 30 and wont make my appointment time, so move me again to 31 at 1pm, then last night call me again saying the car has not been shipped, and move me again to 31 at 9pm, so instead of sitting , i decide to go to the delivery center at 1pm and make sure the car is on the way to LA, the staff told me that yes it has leave the factory, so i decide to stay home waiting for the car instead of going out to park.
Then i just get a call at 7pm saying my car is not going to arrive today, and ask me to set another apportionment after Jan 2, what a joke tesla!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know what else to say other than fuxk you !!!!!

I feel your pain. 4 appointment changes within 2 days and each time I had to follow up to find out the latest status. Ended up delaying family vacation and ate the hotel cost in order to stay home for delivery.

Sadly the delivery experience wasn’t stellar either as we were literally rushed out of the DC so they can bring in more cars for upcoming deliveries. In the end, there are bigger problems in the world so we counted our blessings and moved on.

I thought you had an inventory MXP that Tesla SA was able to obtain for you last week?

I am sorry that you waited all this time and still came away without a MX.

yep. Switched to an inventory car to get it before I left for vacation. It was at Fremont and they were going to send it to Rocklin (2 hour trip). I didn’t get shipped so I asked that I pick it up Jan 2 (I get back Jan 1). They said sure - then I got a call that they were going to unmatch me to try to sell the cal before year end. 20 minutes later the car was going from my account.

thanks a lot. My original order is also gone - so, if I want a Tesla, I need to start over.