Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA employees admit churning out flawed parts...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a fools argument to suggest that unions would somehow help/improve Tesla in any way, shape, or form...

Jeff

You are only speculating that it is the union. It is a fact that Tesla cars are not well built. I have had more issues with my model S in 3 months of ownership then I have had in 20 years owning Japanese cars. The fact that EVERY major youtube Tesla owner has had a video of them hauling off their car in a flatbed speaks volumes of how poorly built Tesla cars are.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
You are only speculating that it is the union. It is a fact that Tesla cars are not well built. I have had more issues with my model S in 3 months of ownership then I have had in 20 years owning Japanese cars. The fact that EVERY major youtube Tesla owner has had a video of them hauling off their car in a flatbed speaks volumes of how poorly built Tesla cars are.

Cool story... I’ve had mine almost 3 years with no issues, and a single glitch shortly after delivery. That’s it. You do realize that people complain far more than they praise and while I’m not trying to downplay anyone’s issues, it’s not like they’re universal...

Jeff

This sort of thing happens in EVERY manufacturing facility (in the USA, at least). There's even a standard acronym for it - CORRS (not the beer). Most people would be shocked at the amount of rework of flawed parts. The only exception to this that I know of after 38 years in industry is the Japanese, whose CORRS ratio is substantially less than the rest of the world (that ratio is a closely guarded secret by most companies).

I have only seen many YouTube channels that cannot stop singing praise of Model 3.

What I see there from JayyDee is selective bias. Pick the ones that you want to believe, and extrapolate that as the ultimate truth.

Give it some time for M3. I'd not judge M3 yet. M3 owners with YouTube channels are too new. The original statement I believe is really true for MS/MX owners.
Also, if you look at MS and MX owners, singing praise, and having to send the car to service multiple times are not mutually exclusive. Most owners (including me) do both.

I think @JayyyDeee means owners with popular YouTube channels. Not a hyperbole at all, in my opinion. In fact, I would pretty much agree with the word "every".

Actually I just watched Rich Rebuilds on youtube and he makes this same point with video of the most popular Tesla youtuber's each with their car on a flat bed. Has not happened to me yet and I hope not to jinx it by talking about it :)

PS: I was very close to a flat bed day last year because my on board charger needed replacement. I made it home with 10 miles to spare. (Would not supercharge)

Anyone who doubts these claims has a vested interest in discrediting them, financial or otherwise. Tesla build quality is widely acknowledged to be subpar, and that includes the Model 3. Elon Musk has no interest in improving quality, that is plainly obvious.

I've spoken at length with the Reuters reporter who originally broke this story a few months ago. The story has legs.

Hyperbole? Every major youtube owner?

Who is a major youtube owner?

Just go on youtube and look at any Tesla youtube channel there is always a video of them having their car carried off on flat bed.(its more than a coincidence when it happens that often) My car 2017 model S has already multiple issues and I have only owned the car for a little over 3 months.

My Inventory Delivery on Dec 8th :)

Read my story and see how it went from this is the best day of my life to Tesla is a joke...funnily enough I would still buy another Tesla in hopes they address they address the subpar 90s kia level of build quality. I didn't mention in my posts the uneven panel gaps or how the chrome trim on the windows doesn't sit flush with the panels

Last edited:
I have only seen many YouTube channels that cannot stop singing praise of Model 3.

What I see there from JayyDee is selective bias. Pick the ones that you want to believe, and extrapolate that as the ultimate truth.

How many youtube channels are owners of the M3? Ben sullins already had to get his M3 hauled off.

If it makes you feel better almost every Model S and X based youtube channel either had multiple service visits in the first year or had their car hauled off on a flat bed.

Honestly you can argue about me picking and choosing youtube channels all you want but if you are arguing with me about Tesla build quality then you are lying to yourself. They are equal to a Dodge at best and are not even in the same universe as Japanese cars