Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EV Tax Credits coming back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i had a model 3 and then Y. I now drive Hyundai Palisade.

i couldn't take the amount of time i was spending with Tesla Devon PA service center to get my early MY build issues, gave up on their shitty a** pathetic customer service. last thing that broke the camels back was when they told me i will get a loaner and when i got there, they said no loaner. i live 60 miles away and they were suppose to keep the car for 2 weeks at least. i had to scream through the roof to get a enterprise ICE car loaner on Tesla's dime. never again until Tesla opens service center near me.
How's the Hyundai service?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Also keep in mind Jan 1st isn't guaranteed and the current state of the bill is not retroactive. According to video [EV Tax Credits Pass the House, What Happens Next? November 19th Update] if the bill is passed in 2021 it will start Jan 1st, if the bill is signed in 2022 it will start the day it will sign, ex: if signed march 15th, eligibility starts march 15th.

Just saw this over on R3ddit.... is this true? I thought you would qualify for the EV credit if you took delivery of your vehicle after 1/1/2022 and that the bill is not retroactive on vehicles delivered in 2021.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Just saw this over on R3ddit.... is this true? I thought you would qualify for the EV credit if you took delivery of your vehicle after 1/1/2022 and that the bill is not retroactive on vehicles delivered in 2021.
I believe current house version would cover the purchases made after 01/01/2022. Then again the senators could shrink the bill by making it to be effective as of the bill passage date.

For those with assigned VINs -- where does the number show up in the user account ?
Does it replace the RN ?

If so, then my VIN is outstanding and I have been formally inducted into the 2022 class. Congrats to the class of farmers.
RN stays. VIN is usually underneath. Click on the vehicle in dashboard and you'll see above delivery date/underneath RN I believe.

I am under the belief that if the Bill doesn't pass before Jan 1, it's basically dead in the water. Someone else more knowledgeable may correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there are budgetary requirements which basically make it so the bill has to be signed before the New Year. I wouldn't expect a bill signing to be made in January.

• Love
I am under the belief that if the Bill doesn't pass before Jan 1, it's basically dead in the water. Someone else more knowledgeable may correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there are budgetary requirements which basically make it so the bill has to be signed before the New Year. I wouldn't expect a bill signing to be made in January.
Do you have a reference for this belief of yours?

• Disagree

Congress is facing a December time crunch. Here’s what to expect.

From the article:
While it’s not essential that the bill pass before the holiday recess, it’s still a top priority for Democrats, for a number of reasons — both in order to cement Biden’s domestic policy legacy and, potentially, to help boost his sagging poll numbers as inflation raises prices on everything from groceries to fuel.

Congress is facing a December time crunch. Here’s what to expect.

From the article:
While it’s not essential that the bill pass before the holiday recess, it’s still a top priority for Democrats, for a number of reasons — both in order to cement Biden’s domestic policy legacy and, potentially, to help boost his sagging poll numbers as inflation raises prices on everything from groceries to fuel.
Yes. Add more fugazi money into the pit.

Totally the answer to all what ails. 🤣

Reactions: FlatSix911
If this doesn't pass by mid-December it is dead. Reconcilliation takes time. It's not just the passage. There are required procedures which have a specified timetable for doing reconciliation. However, the US Govt fiscal year starts in October, so I'm not sure that January is necessarily a fiscal deadline - rather, it's a political one. Everything will be pivoting to the midterms in January and there will be no will for this.

If this doesn't pass by mid-December it is dead. Reconcilliation takes time. It's not just the passage. There are required procedures which have a specified timetable for doing reconciliation. However, the US Govt fiscal year starts in October, so I'm not sure that January is necessarily a fiscal deadline - rather, it's a political one. Everything will be pivoting to the midterms in January and there will be no will for this.
Correct. There is no hard time table for December. They can absolutely pass the bill next year. The worry is a political one, momentum will be lost after the long holiday break, January is the start of an election year which could cause some moderates to back off, especially manchin who has said they should “slow down” with this bill. It’s possible it could pass this month but it will be tough, they have to negotiate to satisfy manchin and sinema, then they have to make ammendments to anything they parliamentarian shoots down, all this while having a bill that could pass another vote in the house not to mention the GOP will use every trick in the book to make passage as arduous and difficult as possible. And at the same time a CR needs to be passed on Friday or we shut down and the debt ceiling needs to be raised by the 15th. Both of these have to take priority first.