Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Factory 2019 New Year's Eve Delivery Event Twitch Livestream ~ 8 pm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m confused. Did they run out of cars or did they run out of time?

I can't speak for everyone else, but I when I checked in at 7pm, I was told my car was already "here". When I got to the front of the line at about 9:55, they said my document package still needed to be printed, and added it to the queue. We got called up to sign said papers at about 1:45 a.m. and went out to find the car in the lot at about 2 a.m.

I had already put in my final payment information on the 29th, and was originally supposed to pick up from Rocklin.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I when I checked in at 7pm, I was told my car was already "here". When I got to the front of the line at about 9:55, they said my document package still needed to be printed, and added it to the queue. We got called up to sign said papers at about 1:45 a.m. and went out to find the car in the lot at about 2 a.m.

I had already put in my final payment information on the 29th, and was originally supposed to pick up from Rocklin.

What date is on that printed sheet though? In other words - if you were to get audited, would it pass muster for a 12/31/19 delivery?

They actually called you at 1:45 am? What did you say to them?

So you decided to buy the car even though you missed the cutoff by 2 hours? Did they offer to do anything for you to move forward with the transaction?

About 45 minutes before midnight someone came out and announced that there was a possibility that not everyone in the room would get their car in time (very obvious to everyone on the room), and they came around asking for everyone's reservation numbers to "prioritize" for people that were still there. At this point there were probably still ~40 people in the room, and they were calling up 1 person every few minutes. Midnight came and went and there was no additional communication other than them calling people up to sign and take delivery. a few people left at this point, and a couple people stood up and encouraged everyone remaining to complain, and that Tesla really owed it to us all to make it right. At about 1 AM Some other Tesla employees came around the room and made another list of reservation numbers, but they gave no assurances of anything at that point.

I had already turned in my trade-in car, and if it really comes down to it I can tolerate missing out on the tax credit. The guy I worked with to finish all the paperwork had been on shift for 17 hours, and I was really just ready to get my new car and drive home. It is pretty frustrating that even though I completed final payment several days earlier, and I had a car ready and waiting, they still couldn't have the paperwork ready?

I intend to reach out and see if they will do anything since they missed my original local delivery time/date, we drove an extra 2 hours out of the way to go to Fremont, waited over 8 hours and we still didn't get the car in time. I don't know who to contact for this...

No I drove from Sacramento, arrived in Fremont at the factory deliver center at 7pm, and was waiting in line for the first 3 hours, and then in the lobby until 1:45

Holy cow! 3 hours out in the cold line (moo), 4 more hours mostly indoors, plus 3 hours driving there and back. That's 10 hours plus the first part of your day disrupted and your NYE plans supplanted, all to save them the time to deliver like a sane car maker.

Leaving me in the dark was better than that! My wife with a cold would be very mad about dragging her to that.

Holy cow! 3 hours out in the cold line (moo), 4 more hours mostly indoors, plus 3 hours driving there and back. That's 10 hours plus the first part of your day disrupted and your NYE plans supplanted, all to save them the time to deliver like a sane car maker.

Leaving me in the dark was better than that! My wife with a cold would be very mad about dragging her to that.
To be fair, they did have outdoor heater going. Just saying...

I intend to reach out and see if they will do anything since they missed my original local delivery time/date, we drove an extra 2 hours out of the way to go to Fremont, waited over 8 hours and we still didn't get the car in time. I don't know who to contact for this...

Did they have the courtesy to notify you before missing your original local delivery?

> they did have outdoor heater going

Was it windy?

Did they have the courtesy to notify you before missing your original local delivery?

> they did have outdoor heater going

Was it windy?

I got text messages indicating that my appointment time was being moved... The final text said that the car would come off the assembly line on the afternoon of the 31st and to expect another text when it was ready. That text message hadn't arrived by 4pm so my wife and I just headed down anyway. never got another communication, but when we checked in the person acted like everything was fine, and since my car was already there I was good to go.

waited over 8 hours and we still didn't get the car in time.

Wow.
Kudos to you for perseverance.
At least now you have your car to enjoy, and can try to put this memory far behind you.

Did they bring out more juice boxes and goldfish crackers?
I overheard the woman who dropped them off around 10 PM say this was her last delivery.
The single food truck ran out of rice, noodles, and pork by 9:30 PM.
Somebody earlier asked if they had champagne. haha, not quite. :rolleyes:
I could see how one might think that, since it was billed as a "New Years Eve Delivery Event".

Tesla really needs to learn how to manage customer expectations - and fast.