Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla fixes AP & FSD price mess. Prices going back up...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, Well, Well,

I can recall a few days ago people saying to me ....."hey!!!! Just accept being screwed. Nothing you say is going to matter. Stop your whining."

Tesla is bringing Autopilot prices ‘back to normal’, Elon Musk admits mistake

I try to tell my kids and everyone else - SPEAK UP!!!! when there is something wrong. SPEAK UP when you aren't treated fairly.

Be respectful but SPEAK UP!!!!

I'm sure this post is going to be moved to snippiness but I honestly don't care...

Are you freaking kidding me? You weren't screwed over for starters but all of you whining like ****ing three year olds screwed over far more owners than were ever impacted by the change to begin with. You people should be disgusted with your behavior, not celebrating it. Way to **** over the rest of us so you could get your entitlement validated. There was NOTHING WRONG to begin with and no need to speak up unless of course your misplaced entitlement got the best of you.

The Model 3, and the owners that are coming with it, are the worst thing to happen to this company...

Jeff

EDIT: I'm not sure what's worse, getting your way, or coming here to gloat about it...

I'm sure this post is going to be moved to snippiness but I honestly don't care...

Are you freaking kidding me? You weren't screwed over for starters but all of you whining like ****ing three year olds screwed over far more owners than were ever impacted by the change to begin with. You people should be disgusted with your behavior, not celebrating it. Way to **** over the rest of us so you could get your entitlement validated. There was NOTHING WRONG to begin with and no need to speak up unless of course your misplaced entitlement got the best of you.

The Model 3, and the owners that are coming with it, are the worst thing to happen to this company...

Jeff

either you didn't read my posts or you didn't understand them.

either way.....:D

• Disagree
Reactions: KG M3
you didn't read my posts.

Don't really care what you think about my post. You came here to gloat about being successful with acting like a toddler and you expect me to pat you on the back and say "good show"? Really? You weren't entitled to anything, nothing bad happened to you, prices change, it's called life... You couldn't accept that so a very vocal group of you hammered away at Tesla/Elon, don't even get me started on Fred Lambert, so you could feel all special at the expense of everyone else. To top it off, you're proud of yourself... It's really pathetic...

Jeff

Don't really care what you think about my post. You came here to gloat about being successful with acting like a toddler and you expect me to pat you on the back and say "good show"? Really? You weren't entitled to anything, nothing bad happened to you, prices change, it's called life... You couldn't accept that so a very vocal group of you hammered away at Tesla/Elon, don't even get me started on Fred Lambert, so you could feel all special at the expense of everyone else. To top it off, you're proud of yourself... It's really pathetic...

Jeff

either you didn't read my posts....or you didn't understand them.

• Disagree
Reactions: KG M3
I guess I'm confused as to what if anything the car uses that speed limit data for. In the video below the speed limit of the off ramp is 25, however the car incorrectly display 65. Regardless, the car still reduced the speed to 25.

It is supposed to use it for adhering to a speed that:
1) won't get me pulled over and ticketed
2) have me arrive at my destination in a timely manner

:p

The ramps aren't so much the issue, as there are usually physical/visual limits going on there. It is the straight lines where it's limiting me to 50mph (even with the +5mph) on a 70mph limit 4-lane highway, while also being willing to travel at 70mph in a 2-lane 30mph zone.

Last edited:
have you read any of my posts about this?

Look, we get it. You entitled little whiners got all upset that you paid for something at X price and the price got cheaper so EVERYONE could benefit... Well, you couldn't handle that so you whined and cried to Elon until he caved and decided to appease the vocal minority at the expense of everyone else...

Jeff

Look, we get it. You entitled little whiners got all upset that you paid for something at X price and the price got cheaper so EVERYONE could benefit... Well, you couldn't handle that so you whined and cried to Elon until he caved and decided to appease the vocal minority at the expense of everyone else...

Jeff

Nope....that's not it.

Not at all....

I didn't complain one bit about the price of the car being cheaper. NOT ONE BIT. as a matter of fact...I liked it.

I didn't complain about EAP being cheaper. NOT ONE POST. as a matter of fact..... I liked it.

I paid more for both after the price decrease and never complained once.

I liked the price decreases on these items.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue in NC
It is supposed to use it for adhering to a speed that:
1) won't get me pulled over and ticketed
2) have me arrive at my destination in a timely manner

:p

The ramps aren't so much the issue, as there are usually physical/visual limits going on there. It is the straight lines where it's limiting me to 50mph (even with the +5mph) on a 70mph limit 4-lane highway, while also being willing to travel at 70mph in a 2-lane 30mph zone.
Yes the +5mph over the speed limit on non highway is a big problem. I hope they get rid of that limit.

Nope....that's not it.

Not at all....

I didn't complain one bit about the price of the car being cheaper. NOT ONE BIT. as a matter of fact...I liked it.

I didn't complain about EAP being cheaper. NOT ONE POST. as a matter of fact..... I liked it.

I paid more for both after the price decrease and never complained once.

I liked the price decreases on these items.

Um... If you supported it then why are you gloating about the pricing going back up? Why are you clearly supportive of the pricing going back up? Don't tell me you didn't whine and complain about it then gloat about it going back up, that makes no sense at all...

Jeff

Yes the +5mph over the speed limit on non highway is a big problem. I hope they get rid of that limit.
It isn't a "non highway" issue. That "hole in the data" is just a variation on having incorrect speed limit data for a particular section of road, as where it doesn't have data it [usually] assumes the default speed limit (40MPH typically).

I've seen, and others where it has explicit speed limit data that is simply incorrect. Not just local roads, primary state highways. It also misses variable time-of-day limits like school zones. Yes, there is an overlap with a state highway on this, too, in my area. I don't know how AP1 handled school zone/time-of-day limits though?

Well, I hope all of you whiny entitled Model 3 owners are happy now... Especially people like Fred Lambert... Prices change, and because you can't accept that we all get the shaft...

I'm not buying FSD this week, I've bene a Tesla customer long enough to know that any of the FSD "promises" are just words and mean nothing. I would have purchased FSD at the current discounted price when/if the features actually come out but since EAP still doesn't do all of the things AP1 did, I'm not holding my breath...

I'm just angry at the people who whined and complained... Really people, are you happy now...???

Jeff

FSD price was going up anyway before release. These price drops were only supposed to last until April anyway (according to internal customer support memo so take that with a grain of salt), so this raise is planned but ahead of schedule.

You can still buy for 2k if you want, last chance to get on sale (probably).

I whined about not being able to return fsd I bought for 5k, but it was more of a wtf I can't cancel a pre-order this is whack.

Reactions: Blue in NC
It isn't a "non highway" issue. That "hole in the data" is just a variation on having incorrect speed limit data for a particular section of road, as where it doesn't have data it [usually] assumes the default speed limit (40MPH typically).

I've seen, and others where it has explicit speed limit data that is simply incorrect. Not just local roads, primary state highways. It also misses variable time-of-day limits like school zones. Yes, there is an overlap with a state highway on this, too, in my area. I don't know how AP1 handled school zone/time-of-day limits though?
Even when it has the correct data and shows the correct speed limit, if it's not decting the road as a highway it will limit your speed to +5mph.

If the car sees a road as a highway, regardless of what it picks up as the speed limit, you can set your speed up to 90mph. So as long as the road is inidcated as a highway, NoA will work and it doesn't matter if the speed limit is accurate or not.

Owners or Fred Lambert or whoever didn't 'make' Tesla do anything. If you're mad about Tesla's direction, that blame lies solely with Elon and Tesla.

LOL... Right... Tesla would have reversed course so quickly and abruptly had people like Fred not got all up in arms...??? Keep telling yourself that...

You are right about one thing, the blame here lies solely with Elon and Tesla. Elon is running Tesla like a hormonal teenager...

Jeff

LOL... Right... Tesla would have reversed course so quickly and abruptly had people like Fred not got all up in arms...??? Keep telling yourself that...

You are right about one thing, the blame here lies solely with Elon and Tesla. Elon is running Tesla like a hormonal teenager...

Jeff

I don't disagree, but I think it's Elon's instability that has taken Tesla so far... Gotta take the good with the bad sometimes. I paid $6k for EAP on my X, obviously wish I had waited, but it is what it is.