Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla fixes AP & FSD price mess. Prices going back up...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is why we can't have nice things. People always gotta bitch about something... I was on the fence about getting FSD for $3k, but if it's going back up, it seems like an actual investment right now. It'll boost resale of the vehicle if it has FSD, and if the price is really going back up, then it should boost the value by at least the $3k, if not a little more

FSD has features for people that didn't buy EAP.

It does right now, but does any one know if the packages are going back to the original way the features were divided up since the prices are also going back to orginal? I would assume they would, so what happens to people who just bought the basic AP package for $2k? Will there always be a small group of cars with this abandoned basic AP? Or will it just turn into EAP?

It does right now, but does any one know if the packages are going back to the original way the features were divided up since the prices are also going back to orginal? I would assume they would, so what happens to people who just bought the basic AP package for $2k? Will there always be a small group of cars with this abandoned basic AP? Or will it just turn into EAP?

The "After Purchase" prices are going back.

The purchase with Car prices I'm sure are staying the same and never went down.
They just got rearranged and most agree that's the way it should have always been.

Highly doubt they upgrade the AP owners to EAP. That's like basically giving them the current FSD suite without the actual "free" hardware upgrade as it is now. And if Tesla were to do that, it would just make the same group of people come out and complain about yet another thing.

Reactions: Blue in NC
lol @ people paying for vaporware

2K is really F-All when you consider how much some of us spent on there vehicles. 2K for a base model 3 owner... ya understandable because it's almost 10% of what you paid for your vehicle..Now if Tesla actually comes through with FSD this year. Not saying that it will be available soon. But IMO if they are infact the first car manufacturer to offer this feature and it works... I would honestly pay much much more for it. Let's just say if this full Sellf Driving Feature actually works 10K is a steal of a deal.

Reactions: Shygar
Highly doubt they upgrade the AP owners to EAP. That's like basically giving them the current FSD suite without the actual "free" hardware upgrade as it is now. And if Tesla were to do that, it would just make the same group of people come out and complain about yet another thing.

Yeah I get it now. I was under the impression that the prices were going back to the orginal orginal prices, the prices that have been set for years. So therefore I figured the dividing of the features was also following suit. I now understand the prices are just going back to what they were when the new packages were announced.

2K is really F-All when you consider how much some of us spent on there vehicles. 2K for a base model 3 owner... ya understandable because it's almost 10% of what you paid for your vehicle..Now if Tesla actually comes through with FSD this year. Not saying that it will be available soon. But IMO if they are infact the first car manufacturer to offer this feature and it works... I would honestly pay much much more for it. Let's just say if this full Sellf Driving Feature actually works 10K is a steal of a deal.
my car was 84k out the door. it's not the money. it's the fact that they are taking your money on a promise. fool me once...............

my car was 84k out the door. it's not the money. it's the fact that they are taking your money on a promise. fool me once...............
That's my whole thing. I don't feel bad for people who bought FSD pre-purchase when there was no indication it was actually going to be coming any time soon. Don't pay good money for hopes and promises, pay it for something you actually get. Tesla has done an amazing job in getting money from people for nothing.

Well, I hope all of you whiny entitled Model 3 owners are happy now... Especially people like Fred Lambert... Prices change, and because you can't accept that we all get the shaft...

I'm not buying FSD this week, I've bene a Tesla customer long enough to know that any of the FSD "promises" are just words and mean nothing. I would have purchased FSD at the current discounted price when/if the features actually come out but since EAP still doesn't do all of the things AP1 did, I'm not holding my breath...

I'm just angry at the people who whined and complained... Really people, are you happy now...???

Jeff

FSD is not and never will be a thing. Sure, maybe you'll be able to stop at stop lights. But you won't ever be making automatic turns or other things critical to a product called full SELF DRIVING. You'll get more gimmicky crap like NoA.
I quite like using Navigate on Auto Pilot in many situations, though in dense traffic it cannot yet handle transitioning from one freeway to another.

I've bene a Tesla customer long enough to know that any of the FSD "promises" are just words and mean nothing. I would have purchased FSD at the current discounted price when/if the features actually come out but since EAP still doesn't do all of the things AP1 did, I'm not holding my breath...
My current EAP definitely is more capable than AP1 is. It’s no contest. I’ve been enjoying watching EAP become more sophisticated over the past year.

FSDC, as currently defined on Tesla’s configuration pages, is very likely coming this year but of course the usual caveats will still apply; the driver will have to remain alert and keep a hand(s) on the wheel. We are not at 100% “hands off/eyes closed” autonomous driving yet. And I suspect won’t be for several years.

Reactions: OPRCE