Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla fixes AP & FSD price mess. Prices going back up...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even when it has the correct data and shows the correct speed limit, if it's not decting the road as a highway it will limit your speed to +5mph.

If the car sees a road as a highway, regardless of what it picks up as the speed limit, you can set your speed up to 90mph. So as long as the road is inidcated as a highway, NoA will work and it doesn't matter if the speed limit is accurate or not.
Oh, by "highway" you mean "divided highway".

Well that's more road data that is occasionally incorrect, in both directions. And it is stored data rather than observed data, as far as I've been able to tell given a few key places where behavior was incorrect. No idea how AP1 acted or sorted it out on this, or what it allowed for manually set speed limits?

But I strenuously disagree that the "+5mph limit when not on divided highway" is itself a problem.

Technically speaking, it's not really a problem. However, when you're on a one lane street and everyone speeds and you're blocking traffic, it becomes a problem.
If "everyone" finds you a serious impediment because you are driving only 5 mph over the legal posted limit it might be a good time to pull off to a restaurant for lunch and work out a better route to where you're going. :eek: Or switch to manual steering I guess and set CC to "crazy". I've driven some bonkers traffic 2-way, single lane highway roads, "white crosses sprinkled across the miles" routes, but I've never seen that level of bonkers. Something is eventually going to go wrong with the traffic and when that happens you don't want to be in the vicinity.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Well, Well, Well,

I can recall a few days ago people saying to me ....."hey!!!! Just accept being screwed. Nothing you say is going to matter. Stop your whining."

Tesla is bringing Autopilot prices ‘back to normal’, Elon Musk admits mistake

I try to tell my kids and everyone else - SPEAK UP!!!! when there is something wrong. SPEAK UP when you aren't treated fairly.

Be respectful but SPEAK UP!!!!

Please don't teach your kids to "whine" when they don't get what they want... we don't need more of those.

Thank you.

If you read what you're buying, I'm concerned FSD is really just Early Access. Specifically as I hover over the "$2,000" buy now button, it says, this and only this.

Adding this option today means you will be one of the first to experience full self-driving when it becomes available in the future.

I feel we could be duped and we just get to be early beta drivers. They need to clean this mess up. Why would I be one of the first among other customers who have paid for it. That comment only makes sense in the spirit of, "Buy this and you'll get it before people who don't buy it.". There's a lot of wiggle room in that statement, it doesn't match what's on the web site car order, so I'm not convinced this won't backfire.

Hopefully is not just that lol.

Then again, what people need to realize is that FSD comes with HW 3.0 which increases processing capacity by 10x (since Tesla developed their own chip). This upgrade alone is worth the 2k they are asking for and even more.

The added capabilities to our current EAP it's just a bonus in my eyes.

Please don't teach your kids to "whine" when they don't get what they want... we don't need more of those.

Thank you.

I teach my kids to "SPEAK UP".

My kids have learned from myself and representatives in the 60's to not just take anything. Even amidst criticism such as this to "Stand Tall".

Be respectful in the face of adversity and at times to stand alone. Be able to be ridiculed, maligned, and misrepresented, but stand firm in your resolve to fight the good fight with honor and dignity.

Without those who did this very thing in the late 60's my family wouldn't be where it is today. They wouldn't have the opportunities they have.

So....with respect to you ( whether you accept it or not ) ….I would have to disagree with you and I WILL continue to be called names standing for what I believe is right. There is absolutely NO WAY possible that I would have been afforded the possibility of owning a $75k P3D+ 50 years ago....and now look at me. Look at us!!! Thanks to those who "Spoke Up" and didn't sit down.

I'm living proof of the tremendous results of "Speaking Up" with dignity and respect. My kids will be also.

Last edited:
Um... If you supported it then why are you gloating about the pricing going back up? Why are you clearly supportive of the pricing going back up? Don't tell me you didn't whine and complain about it then gloat about it going back up, that makes no sense at all...

Jeff
Look, we get it. You entitled little whiners got all upset that you paid for something at X price and the price got cheaper so EVERYONE could benefit... Well, you couldn't handle that so you whined and cried to Elon until he caved and decided to appease the vocal minority at the expense of everyone else...

Jeff

That sounds a little whiney to me :p. Pretty sure most early FSD customers just wanted compensation / reimbursement for the current price difference since nothing has been delivered.

If you read what you're buying, I'm concerned FSD is really just Early Access. Specifically as I hover over the "$2,000" buy now button, it says, this and only this.

Adding this option today means you will be one of the first to experience full self-driving when it becomes available in the future.

I feel we could be duped and we just get to be early beta drivers. They need to clean this mess up. Why would I be one of the first among other customers who have paid for it. That comment only makes sense in the spirit of, "Buy this and you'll get it before people who don't buy it.". There's a lot of wiggle room in that statement, it doesn't match what's on the web site car order, so I'm not convinced this won't backfire.
I think your guaranteed to be an early beta driver buy purchasing FSD. Even EAP is still in beta.

Look, we get it. You entitled little whiners got all upset that you paid for something at X price and the price got cheaper so EVERYONE could benefit... Well, you couldn't handle that so you whined and cried to Elon until he caved and decided to appease the vocal minority at the expense of everyone else...

Jeff

For calling out all the whiners you do a pretty good job of whining !

No I get it completely... The gloating is really over the top unnecessary... Do you want to pay for my increased FSD cost when FSD actually becomes a thing in the future? Doubtful... Although you should because it's people like you who screwed other owners like me out of thousands...

Jeff

I saved a few thousand and purchased it yesterday..... Just wanted to say.... I'm a big fan off all your posts in this thread.... LOL

• Funny
Reactions: Shygar and jeffro01
I think all the suckers who bought into the fake self driving promises and pipe dreams that musk came up with while high got what they deserved... Screwed out of $ with absolutely nothing delivered.

I can't believe after all the $ tesla has screwed out of the early adopters people are still throwing cash at them for more 'future promises' . Hahaha

Hey, who wants to buy my new full self driving flying car? Only $100k now, but $200k later....i promise...

You can still get the discounts on the Tesla's site even today for both AP and FSD and will be for a few more days so what's all the butt hurt about. Just get it now if you want it.

Personally, I never cared about any form of self driving because I bought the performance model to drive it not for it to drive me so I won't be getting it even with the discount.

I think the speed limit data being spotty in some areas is a real issue, and perhaps "not parity" could be argued in an esoteric sense since it isn't 100% overlap in every feature to every extent. However AP 2.5 and most definitely exceeded AP 1.

Here's the evidence that in April 2018 AP1 was still better than AP2.5 (on same software 2018.6.1) at keeping an inattentive driver out of the gore-point on highway with worn lane-lines, i.e. the Walter Huang test:

AP2.5 at night, into gore-point:

AP1 at same time/place:

I think all the suckers who bought into the fake self driving promises and pipe dreams that musk came up with while high got what they deserved... Screwed out of $ with absolutely nothing delivered.

I can't believe after all the $ tesla has screwed out of the early adopters people are still throwing cash at them for more 'future promises' . Hahaha

Hey, who wants to buy my new full self driving flying car? Only $100k now, but $200k later....i promise...

I am assuming that since your photo is of a Porsche that you do not drive a Tesla? Also, everyone is entitled to spend money the way THEY think adds value. I personally think that Porsche’s option pricing is a far greater waste of money and screw job than anything Tesla has done thus far, but that’s just me...

Reactions: dhrivnak
I am assuming that since your photo is of a Porsche that you do not drive a Tesla? Also, everyone is entitled to spend money the way THEY think adds value. I personally think that Porsche’s option pricing is a far greater waste of money and screw job than anything Tesla has done thus far, but that’s just me...

I own 2 teslas (S/X). Can't stand how the company has been run lately and their blatant disregard for their customers and employees ...

Last edited: