Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla forced an update of my P85D to 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So your original warranty requires you to do a yearly service... do you still follow that warranty? Cause if not than your voiding your original warranty. Can’t pick and choose which parts of the 2 warranties you want to honor or not than.

Not mine. In fact, my warranty specifically states that NEVER doing any service of any kind doesn't void the warranty. Tesla has to make this concession since they won't provide DIY service documentation.

Last edited:
Reactions: HankLloydRight
Tesla forced me on to V10 2019.32.12.1 last night, from V8. I am REALLY PISSED OFF. So much for unplugging the seat Sorka. 2016 S 60 W/75 battery that I did not unlock. Did I mention I am REALLY PISSED OFF?

The seat thing was already debunked by others so I'm now leaving the rear door handle fuse unplugged. I guess maybe I better go hook back up to the null wifi hotspot in case that doesn't work either to slow this eventual disaster down.

I need a fresh series of canbus battery readings just in case I end up being part of the class action.

• Informative
Reactions: Knightowl
Any thoughts on if the update is forced remotely AFTER it's staged? i.e. if I end up getting another staged update, will keeping it on a null wifi hotspot so the car is offline be a benefit by preventing a remote command to install the update?

futile.jpg

You might as well do it. I haven't read anything about V10 being any worse than V9.
You should read TMC more thoroughly ;). Browser is now forced to almost full screen (no more waze on the bottom half of the screen) - but the map is still animating around the borders, so you don't save any CPU. Reboot now takes many minutes (5+) AND it seems to be rebooting (at least partially as it goes dark) the IC on MCU1 too (not necessary since MCU1 has an independent IC).

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
You should read TMC more thoroughly ;). Browser is now forced to almost full screen (no more waze on the bottom half of the screen) - but the map is still animating around the borders, so you don't save any CPU. Reboot now takes many minutes (5+) AND it seems to be rebooting (at least partially as it goes dark) the IC on MCU1 too (not necessary since MCU1 has an independent IC).
Oh sorry, misery loves company. Didn't think they could possibly make it worse than V9.

My car is in service, and the service advisor notified me that they will have to do the update. :(

This is for contactor replacement (or so they have told me), which I didn't think required any firmware update, and the service advisor didn't think so, either, at the time of check in. This probably shouldn't count for the list, as it's service applying the update, which is common, not a forced OTA update.

BTW, I've had a 70D loaner with V10 for almost a week now, and I still hate the new UI.
I had my DU replaced a few months back and they were able to keep me at V8 firmware for the DU and V8 software.

When I go for service I always have the white board app up and write in all caps do not update to v9. One time the techs said they could add me to the VIN blacklist and I'd never get updates. I didn't do it thinking one day something might come out that be worth the bad ui. Also was worried that I wouldn't be able to come off the list either if something happened to the note in my service they'd have to put in. Then I couldn't get repairs done like salvage cars.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
All of you guys being forced and I have seen absolutely no sign of V10 here. I already have the battery/charging crippling so it doesn't matter to me if I upgrade. I just want spotify.
I think V9/V10 just sucks. It will still suck on MCU2. Just not as badly. I don't like the UI on the M3 either. It could be so much better. They really need to replace their current designer with someone more talented.

So wifi started working again after leaving it turned off for my drive home last night. I have the car once again connected to my Verizon mifi without a sim card.

I think I've mentioned this before but there are a few other things I always.

1) I always do a manual power from the menu whenever getting out of the car when I'm going to not be driving in the next 10 minutes. I had an issue once where auto pilot features stopped working and it took a power off and 5 minute wait before powering back on to fix it. A two button reset wouldn't even fix it but the deep power off did. The service rep explained that after 5 minutes the car goes into a deep sleep. So ever since, I've always done this.

2) At home I always leave the door cracked so the handle doesn't pull in. Since I do a manual power off I don't need to worry about the display staying on for a long while before finally turning off with the door open.

Perhaps the software update can't install if the door is open? Also, maybe the forced aspect only works based on the software you currently have. Maybe they added this at some point and my software is so old that maybe they can't force it to update.

I have 2018.28.5 from August of last year.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911