Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD Beta Release 10.5 2021.36.8.8 - 10.5.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Historically it was 2 strikeouts as well. 10.5 was the first time we saw it change to 3, briefly, and now it seems with 10.5.1, it's back down to 2.

We learned this when someone shared a sceenshot showing the warning that they had earned a strikeout, and they had one more before FSD was disabled. That same screenshot said that they MAY get FSD back on a later release.

Reactions: K5TRX
36.8.8 came down around midnight an I went and turned the Beta back on in Autopilot and did the accept this morning. Learned my lesson from my recaliberation experience. LoL. I did a quick 10 mile run 5 out 5 back, same route everyday. New phantom braking now where I never ever had it. Appears the driveways to the businesses/warehouses are triggering it. Every time it sees one it brakes. This is totally new. I have another run this morning with highway and city I'll see what else pops up. It did seem to drift to the right a little when starting a left turn. One left turn coming onto my street it was cutting it close to the left curb as it made the left on 36.8.5, now it is getting a little wider. However the one right turn into the neighborhood it is cutting the right turn tight to the right curb, yet the street entrance is pretty wide, not sure why it wants to hug the right curb. Sometimes cars park up from there waiting for the school bus, so this will be interesting. It appeared it was quicker on the draw as soon as the light turned green it went, previously it would delay. This was the only light on this run so I'll know more when I head out again this morning.

I did notice on 36.8.5 there was a cone in the street and it would steer around it very nicely at 40mph. Cones gone now so not sure what 8.8 would do. Bottom line, didn't notice any WOW, other than the new phantom braking introduced and quicker to go on green.

Looking forward to reading others experiences on 8.8.

Also I get the impression that progress seems to be faster since fsd beta has rolled out to more people after "the button" . Don't know if that's a placebo effect since I really got into the game at 10.3.1 but turns were certainly smoother on 10.5 and I felt like the car was not hugging the center of the road on unmarked roads that go in both directions. Feels like tangible improvements with each iterative update.

I read three disengagements in the release notes as well. I think it was in a link on Tfi For 10.5.1/2021.36.8.8. Seems like we have conflicting information. Can we get a definitive Data Point and link on this? Is it 2 or 3?

Ski

Last edited:
Historically it was 2 strikeouts as well. 10.5 was the first time we saw it change to 3, briefly, and now it seems with 10.5.1, it's back down to 2.

We learned this when someone shared a sceenshot showing the warning that they had earned a strikeout, and they had one more before FSD was disabled. That same screenshot said that they MAY get FSD back on a later release.

So I got 10.5 overnight and just went for my first drive and i noticed in my release notes, it still says 3 strikeouts. I'm on 10.5 (2021.36.8.8).

Reactions: K5TRX
This is from my car. Note it's 36.8.8. 3 strikeouts.
1637677088009.png

its odd that the same release seems to be showing two strikeouts for some folks but three for others.
My car shows three, but there are screenshots showing two for the same release.
This is from the other thread
If I'm not mistaken, it looks like that guy has a Model S Plaid. I wonder if the 2-strikeout thing is for Model S and 3-strikeouts for Model 3/Y? I have no idea why this would be, but just a guess.