Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD Beta Release 10.5 2021.36.8.8 - 10.5.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any chance of getting a picture of that?
IMG_2395.jpg

The point is, with all the warnings before you get even one forced disengagement due to "falling asleep at the wheel" or being excessively dangerous on the road, nobody like that on the beta team should be driving period. I don't know why some here are so upset with this.

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like that guy has a Model S Plaid. I wonder if the 2-strikeout thing is for Model S and 3-strikeouts for Model 3/Y? I have no idea why this would be, but just a guess.
I won't even guess the logic behind that if true. I was thinking it may have been timing and they made some adjustments to the team safety requirements during yesterday's roll out.

Is there a correlation between the # of available strikes and the presence of a cabin camera w/ eyeball monitoring?

Guessing not, just tossing darts

Given it is two trip suspensions that trigger the FSD consequences it would only make sense if it was a permanent FSD beta suspension.

I just wonder if the >80MPH disengagements count, or if it is only inattentive disengagements that count towards this.

Seems like it doesn’t count as expected. It’s possible they would count if you exceeded 80mph on a road where FSD is active (like a fast highway where FSD visualizations are active, so a place where previously (pre-FSD Beta) 5mph over the limit would have been enforced with NOA).

But I do know the ones that occur on the freeway due to excessive speed, not inattention, where FSD is not operating (but I have Autosteer enabled) do not count. I definitely do not want single stack until they increase the speed limit to 90mph!

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

Or, maybe it’s all messed up and Tesla is just displaying counts incorrectly at the moment (maybe they were reset for some users (like me) and not others on the move to 10.5). In life nothing is certain, I suppose.

I have had no lockouts due to inattention. Just the two speed-related lockouts on the freeway. Zero strikes.

or being excessively dangerous on the road,

Yeah two or three being the limit seems sort of irrelevant. You have to try really hard to get an inattentiveness disengagement unless there is something special about your situation (wearing a face shield or something like that). I’m fine with two strikes - you get once chance and that is it.

The bigger issue is whether exceeding 80mph (more like 82mph actually), when using Autosteer & NOA but not using FSD, counts. And fortunately the evidence at the moment points to it not counting. (It definitely should not, since it has little to do with the issues that Tesla is concerned about).

Reactions: TravelFree
yeah this "AI, Autopilot, & Autonomous/FSD" forum could use a lot more moderation*.

* I'm willing to do it if it's simply a matter of more human-power. I've moderated on other forums before.

Try posting here.

Couple of years back this sub-forum was overrun by Tesla haters who were downright abusive to anyone supporting Tesla. I got some changes done - but it was still difficult to get moderators to pay more attention to this place.

Reactions: nvx1977
Car is still in service but now shows a 2021.40.6 update pending which is a public release and not FSD. I wonder if the service has someone screwed me out of FSD, while also not fixing anything, and having my car there for 6 days, which is a whole separate story 🤬

Car is still in service but now shows a 2021.40.6 update pending which is a public release and not FSD. I wonder if the service has someone screwed me out of FSD, while also not fixing anything, and having my car there for 6 days, which is a whole separate story 🤬
Picked it up. It’s still trying to install 2021.40.6. Tried a reset and no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

Just throwing my opinion in here: i just got 10.5 today and i swear to god i’ll be starring straight forward at the road and i’ll still get a “pay attention to the road” warning. It’s infuriating. It’s doing a terrible job tracking my eyes. it happened so many times i got 1 out of 3 strikes for auto pilot disengagement and now i’m worried i’ll be taken out of beta cause they don’t realize my eyes are glued to the road the whole time. this version is way way worse than 10.4.

• Informative
Reactions: joelliot
It is NOT permanent. The note says it is for "the remainder of the trip". So a new trip starts when you put the car in Park and then put it into Drive.
It most definitely is a suspension that kicks you completely out of the FSD beta program - it is still to be seen whether that is a temporary suspension or a permanent removal. The part of the note that mentions the remainder of the trip is explaining what a forced autopilot disengagement is to the user..

Some impressions of 10.5 after taking a ~240mi rural trip:

• High speed, sweeping turns are now noticeably smoother; almost human like.
  • I still got a number of nuisance braking events. Two biggest causes, anecdotally, seemed to be 1) path prediction from other vehicles like aggressive lane changes nearby or perpendicular cars coming to an aggressive stop at a cross street…. 2) NOA when the car was wanting me to change lanes but I wasn’t obliging (more on this next).
  • NOA was totally wonky on lane changes (I had it in confirmation mode). Much of my trip was on 4 lane state highway, it was constantly wanting to get into the lane it wasn’t currently in… Ask to go to left lane -> immediately lets go back to right lane -> nope, now let’s immediately go back left. Wonder if it was related to the new “avoid merges” logic. This highway was not limited access so cross traffic could intersect both from the right and left. Interestingly NOA was active the whole time instead of FSD on this segment which is new to me.
  • Lastly, maybe you guys know about this one but I’ve never seen it… my car auto washed the windshield. The sprayers came on and then the wipers, just as if I had pulled the stalk. Frustratingly, this happened 10 minutes after I had washed the car and on a spotless windshield.

Just throwing my opinion in here: i just got 10.5 today and i swear to god i’ll be starring straight forward at the road and i’ll still get a “pay attention to the road” warning. It’s infuriating. It’s doing a terrible job tracking my eyes. it happened so many times i got 1 out of 3 strikes for auto pilot disengagement and now i’m worried i’ll be taken out of beta cause they don’t realize my eyes are glued to the road the whole time. this version is way way worse than 10.4.
I’ve found that sunglasses can reduce nags. Won’t help in all situations, but might be worth a shot to see if it reduces the warnings in daytime.

I've done some testing with sunglasses. Mine have a reflective coating, which makes it pretty much impossible for the camera to see where my eyes are looking. I think the new cabin camera in the refreshed S/X also have IR LEDs, which will get around most sunglasses. But current 3/Y is visible light spectrum only. With sunglasses, the camera can still infer where you're looking via head position. I've tested looking left, and after 10 seconds or so, I get the warning.

But if I glance left for 10 seconds without turning my head, no warnings. I don't wear sunglasses to get around the cabin camera, btw. I prefer sunglasses because I like the reduction of brightness, even on overcast days.

Reactions: kriskros91