Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD Beta Release 10.5 2021.36.8.8 - 10.5.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i’ll try that in the daytime but really doesn’t help me at night which is when i do my long distance traveling. thanks for the tip!

the camera will have a hard time seeing your face at night. Green has some good videos of this when he was testing the cabin camera at night. Refreshed S/X have IR emitters, which will allow the camera to have night vision. 3/Y currently don't have IR.

Reactions: K5TRX
the camera will have a hard time seeing your face at night. Green has some good videos of this when he was testing the cabin camera at night. Refreshed S/X have IR emitters, which will allow the camera to have night vision. 3/Y currently don't have IR.
i feel like it’s definitely not my fault they can’t see my face and shouldn’t be giving me these incredibly inaccurate strikes. Very frustrating, Tesla.

Reactions: nvx1977
Refresh doesn’t not have IR

This forum thread seems to suggest that new 3/Y have infrared emitters....

• Informative
Reactions: K5TRX

This forum thread seems to suggest that new 3/Y have infrared emitters....
Interesting, I’ll have to check while driving, maybe they’re only active then.

Interesting, I’ll have to check while driving, maybe they’re only active then.
most phone cameras are sensitive to IR radiation. I used to have fun with my kids showing them how remotes blink when viewed via the camera app, but you can't see it with your own eyes. It's also entirely possible that the latest flagship phone cameras have built-in IR and UV filters, to better represent what we see in the visible spectrum, in which case means the phone might not be able to see the IR light.

most phone cameras are sensitive to IR radiation. I used to have fun with my kids showing them how remotes blink when viewed via the camera app, but you can't see it with your own eyes. It's also entirely possible that the latest flagship phone cameras have built-in IR and UV filters, to better represent what we see in the visible spectrum, in which case means the phone might not be able to see the IR light.
Yea the new iPhone has IR filter, but I have an IR camera that can see IR, it picks up other IR signals when I point at it. I’ll try it tomorrow while driving

Reactions: nvx1977
Just throwing my opinion in here: i just got 10.5 today and i swear to god i’ll be starring straight forward at the road and i’ll still get a “pay attention to the road” warning. It’s infuriating. It’s doing a terrible job tracking my eyes. it happened so many times i got 1 out of 3 strikes for auto pilot disengagement and now i’m worried i’ll be taken out of beta cause they don’t realize my eyes are glued to the road the whole time. this version is way way worse than 10.4.
I don't have FSD-beta on my Model Y which has the cabin camera. I have to ask, does the steering wheel still count for paying attention? I'm actually real comfortable resting my hand adding a little tension on long highway driving in AP. I rarely drive the Y so I don't know and my wife rarely uses the AP since 99% of her driving is off highway.

i also got a strike for having the phone to my ear. had to put it on speaker
You should! Isn't it a moving violation to be doing that in your state? Tesla has an excellent car phone system. I even use it to respond to text. I suggest you learn to use the excellent features in your Tesla, like voice control. :)

I don't have FSD-beta on my Model Y which has the cabin camera. I have to ask, does the steering wheel still count for paying attention? I'm actually real comfortable resting my hand adding a little tension on long highway driving in AP. I rarely drive the Y so I don't know and my wife rarely uses the AP since 99% of her driving is off highway.
Steering wheel does not count apparently because i had constant pressure on wheel and still got yelled at for not paying attention cause i was changing the climate with my other hand

• Informative
Reactions: joelliot