Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read in more than one article that Tesla and its Gigafactory are having an investor tour 4 January 2017. However, as an investor and as of this writing, I have not been invited. Not sure if it is my red nose or being too small an investor. Or, has it been cancelled? Being a long range planner by habit, I do not want to arrange tickets or hotel reservations if I am not invited.
Thanks

I have read in more than one article that Tesla and its Gigafactory are having an investor tour 4 January 2017. However, as an investor and as of this writing, I have not been invited. Not sure if it is my red nose or being too small an investor. Or, has it been cancelled? Being a long range planner by habit, I do not want to arrange tickets or hotel reservations if I am not invited.
Thanks
You're too small to be invited. Most if not all posting here are too small.

I wonder what the minimum holding size is for an invitation. I guess it depends how small they want the tour to be. If they invited the top 105 institutional holders, that would get down to a roughly 42,000 share holding size. It's not clear how many individuals have larger holdings than that; Elon, Kimbal, and JB do; presumably Tarpenning, Eberhard, and Wright do, unless they sold their stock.

Last edited:
Liquids storage and electrical are around that corner of the plant. If its not general infrastructure for manufacturing they'll have to start putting equipment up there for the windmills at some point.

Several times now I have posted the comment that the wind resource is poor at Gigafactory1 and that wind energy would have to be imported from a distance. This has been stated in previous Tesla communications. I would love to see windmills at Gigafactory1, but you (and others) will have to show us that the resource is there and it is Tesla's intention to develop that resource. The day Gigafactory1 is completed and the roof is completely covered with solar panels will, indeed, be an exciting achievement.

Tesla starts mass production of new ‘2170’ battery cell at the Gigafactory, will be used in Model 3 in Q2

Tesla, and its battery partner Panasonic, started production of cells for qualification at the plant in December, but today, it confirmed the start of “mass production” of the new battery cell, which will enable several of Tesla’s new products, including the Model 3. The new cell (pictured above) is called ‘2170’ because it’s 21mm by 70mm. It’s thicker and taller than the previous cell that Tesla developed with Panasonic, which was in an ‘18650’ cell format.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has been boasting about the new cell over the past few month. He said that it’s the “highest energy density cell in the world and also the cheapest”.The automaker confirmed the start of “mass production” with Panasonic in a new press release today. The announcement coincides with an event held for investors at the Gigafactory this morning. Tesla investors will be able to tour the plant and Musk, as well as other executives, will be present for remarks and a Q&A.

upload_2017-1-4_22-20-3.png