Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gives $3,750 discount for Model 3/Y in the US this month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is totally fixed now, but what an ordeal. Had to call them directly and a nice guy finally answered after a 1.25 hour wait and then it took him all of 1 minute to fully understand the issues and then said he would fix everything. Today got the updated MVPA and then my local SA took almost all day to get it signed and re-uploaded. Don’t know why they made something so easy so hard, but hopefully now the rest of the delivery experience will go smoothly.

Yup. Need to decide, take the $3750 now and potentially get a “post-supply chain shortage/inflation” version of the MY or wait and see what the next few months/year pan out with new sensors or potentially price adjustments as demand cools.

Even more of a dilemma if you know you won’t qualify for the tax refund. If you do qualify, you will get either 3750 of 7500 next year (granted have to wait) but potentially may actually get some sensors in this car.

Last edited:
Yup. Need to decide, take the $3750 now and potentially get a “post-supply chain shortage/inflation” version of the MY or wait and see what the next few months/year pan out with new sensors or potentially price adjustments as demand cools.

Even more of a dilemma if you know you won’t qualify for the tax refund. If you do qualify, you will get either 3750 of 7500 next year (granted have to wait) but potentially may actually get some sensors in this car.
I am in the same boat. I am thinking of holding off until next year and see what other goodies they will include or change and hope for the new hardware...

I am in the same boat. I am thinking of holding off until next year and see what other goodies they will include or change and hope for the new hardware...
Yup. I know some folks here will say “you can always wait for new hardware etc”. But it easy for a current owner to say when they have a car with either “smart” feature capabilities (with the coordinating sensors etc) or higher end finishes. Or both.

Prob only folks taking delivery in late 2022 are looking at this inflection point where pricing is prob as high as they can push it and yet so much has been pulled off the cars because of chip/supply shortages.

But again, anyone’s guess what the future holds.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Reactions: Mike7564