Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To P85 or not, that is the question?

Also, any thoughts on pano for our big bright country?

Pano is fine in California/Nevada so I think it should be fine here. It makes an enormous difference to rear-seat headroom if that is a concern for you.

As for P85 or not, I can't help you there unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Prices pretty close to what I calculated. I want to buy in ACT!

Well calculated! ACT looks so nice but WA looks horrible, even NSW looks good in comparison.

Wow what a great Thursday present!

With all my options (metallic, leather, obeche, pano, tech, air, parking and sound), the 85 comes to $142k. I think it's worth going the extra $12k over the 60kw considering the extra range and power...

Now I'm just tossing up whether I can go another $22k for the P85. It's purely for the "fun" factor - but the increased tyre costs associated may not be worth it. Plus the $150k barrier is there as a hard mental barrier for both me and my wife, considering the car I currently drive to work cost $40k -_-'

So S85 for me with all the options I want, a new lifestyle, supporting the environment, and looking freaking cool!

Wow what a great Thursday present!

With all my options (metallic, leather, obeche, pano, tech, air, parking and sound), the 85 comes to $142k. I think it's worth going the extra $12k over the 60kw considering the extra range and power...

Now I'm just tossing up whether I can go another $22k for the P85. It's purely for the "fun" factor - but the increased tyre costs associated may not be worth it. Plus the $150k barrier is there as a hard mental barrier for both me and my wife, considering the car I currently drive to work cost $40k -_-'

So S85 for me with all the options I want, a new lifestyle, supporting the environment, and looking freaking cool!

+1 for the environment!

Ordered! Confirmed. Only option was the pano roof (over the Sig inclusions). Sig Red/white leather, cyclones. 21 inch tyres in Sydney? No way. Not worth the P for me!! Pano? I love sunroofs. Should be OK n Australia. Tesla accessories has a custom set of sun shades available. Perhaps we can make a bulk order and save on the shipping cost? Usual killer for goods from the States. I will ask them.

I was thinking, what's to stop me buying it for the ACT, taking a $50 airfare up and driving it back to Melbourne, to save a few thousand? Then I remembered... no superchargers just yet, haha. This electric car business is going to take a while to get used to :p

remember you'd have to have it rego'd in VIC after 6 or 12 months. in which case it'll cost you to do that....
suggest you price that in before looking further at this.

Design Studio / Pricing has just disappeared for me (on all browsers) :-(
It might not be able to handle the load of 200-300 reservation holders trying all combinations. Really????

It kept freezing for me while I'm choosing options.. The little circle goes round and round indicating it's updating the photo but never does, and none of the menu options (paint, roof etc) work.

It took me 6 tries but my order is in the system... :biggrin:

Pricing of each option (before taxes) is about 10% more than in Hong Kong when converting at current exchange rates but otherwise in line with what I was expecting.

eg Tech package is HKD$29100 which xe.com tells me converts to AUD$4065, here it's $4600

Pity about the WA tax (on top of a tax on top of a tax)

It kept freezing for me while I'm choosing options.. The little circle goes round and round indicating it's updating the photo but never does, and none of the menu options (paint, roof etc) work.

It took me 6 tries but my order is in the system... :biggrin:

Pricing of each option (before taxes) is about 10% more than in Hong Kong when converting at current exchange rates but otherwise in line with what I was expecting.

eg Tech package is HKD$29100 which xe.com tells me converts to AUD$4065, here it's $4600

Pity about the WA tax (on top of a tax on top of a tax)

I think the main reason for this cost difference would be that the exchange rates offered in xe.com are current spot rates - not forward contract rates, nor commercial rates (ie nobody can get that rate really). Also do the options have GST included already? HK doesn't have GST.

I think the main reason for this cost difference would be that the exchange rates offered in xe.com are current spot rates - not forward contract rates, nor commercial rates (ie nobody can get that rate really).

That is true, but we're not buying from Hong Kong - The HK price is converted from USD at commercial exchange rates, and so is the AUD price so I would expect them to vary by a similar amount from the spot rate

Also do the options have GST included already? HK doesn't have GST.

That would be it. I didn't think of that. Thanks Tim

What was I saying about a tax upon a tax?

- Matt

For those who have ordered, what timeframe for delivery are they quoting?

They won't give a time frame until the car is built. Currently they are sourcing parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys for those of you who are confirming your orders - did you go through your Dashboard? If I click "Design" from the dashboard I can't get the full Design Studio to show up. And I'm worried if I click "Confirm" it will just put through a stock white S60 -_-.

Dashboard for me.

Hi guys for those of you who are confirming your orders - did you go through your Dashboard? If I click "Design" from the dashboard I can't get the full Design Studio to show up. And I'm worried if I click "Confirm" it will just put through a stock white S60 -_-.

That happened for me for a while but it's all now good. After config you can then press 'Done' to push the order through.

- - - Updated - - -

They won't give a time frame until the car is built. Currently they are sourcing parts.

What is the general consensus / gut feel for delivery times ? I'm trying to sort out the lease logistics to change over my old car - so we think it's 2 months or 6 months ?

I went through dashboard, I managed to make it work after several refreshes (and starting from scratch each time)

After confirming you have 2 weeks to change or cancel the order.