Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be good to see a list here of 'Confirmed' orders, the state of residence (NSW, VIC, etc) and what spec of car people went for. Spoke to Cary and he inferred that the quicker we all convert from reservation holders to confirmed orders, the quicker we'd all be seeing our cars/service centres. Makes sense, they're likely to wait till a set number of confirmations before production/shipment occurs.
I'm waiting to speak to Cary on Tuesday and also waiting to hear from our builder (we're about to build and kinda need to know the building budget!) before I confirm.

Would be good to see a list here of 'Confirmed' orders, the state of residence (NSW, VIC, etc) and what spec of car people went for. Spoke to Cary and he inferred that the quicker we all convert from reservation holders to confirmed orders, the quicker we'd all be seeing our cars/service centres. Makes sense, they're likely to wait till a set number of confirmations before production/shipment occurs.

Can anyone clarify what confirmed means? I chose my options and clicked on order knowing I can vary my options until 10 June...the dashboard now shows:

Order Pending
Your Model S will be confirmed on June 10, 2014. Once confirmed, we'll begin sourcing parts and building your Model S.

But gives a "Confirm Now" button which I am loath to press as I may wish to change my options after talking to Cary on Tuesday night...

So I consider myself confirmed but my options may change.

Cheers
David

PS I can access Timpoo's spreadsheet and can update.

- - - Updated - - -

And I have a RN number..

Can anyone clarify what confirmed means? I chose my options and clicked on order knowing I can vary my options until 10 June...the dashboard now shows:

Order Pending
Your Model S will be confirmed on June 10, 2014. Once confirmed, we'll begin sourcing parts and building your Model S.

But gives a "Confirm Now" button which I am loath to press as I may wish to change my options after talking to Cary on Tuesday night...

Cheers
David

PS I can access Timpoo's spreadsheet and can update.

- - - Updated - - -

And I have a RN number..
confirmed means just that. The message on dashboard is order confirmed, we are sourcing parts for your car. Or similar to that. I confirmed since as a sig there are minimal additional options, the pano roof, sub zero pack or colours, wheels etc.basically other than roof or subzero, you can swap anything. Price is all inclusive ( and steep!).

Order Pending

Confirmed means that your order is locked in and if you cancelled you would forfeit your deposit. You can either confirm manually, or it will be auto-confirmed after two weeks.

You may, or may not, be able to change the order after confirmation (up to Tesla if they will accept the change).

Confirmed on Friday Sig Performance Plus with Sig red paint, pano, grey 21 inch wheels, and all the trimmings. Also well and truly most expensive car I've ever bought. As Dborn says, you only live once. My brother also confirmed on Friday. After 5 years it looks like it might be really happening!

MDK, WA, P85+ ordered 29/05/14

although this might be more useful as a separate thread, because this one grows fast and information is easily missed... :)

Thanks MDK - I'm also in WA, have you heard anything on how we'll get our cars delivered (and serviced)?

- - - Updated - - -

Already did one -_-

Good to know for next time though!!

Good work! Have you uploaded it somewhere?

confirmed means just that. The message on dashboard is order confirmed, we are sourcing parts for your car. Or similar to that. I confirmed since as a sig there are minimal additional options, the pano roof, sub zero pack or colours, wheels etc.basically other than roof or subzero, you can swap anything. Price is all inclusive ( and steep!).

Confirmed means that your order is locked in and if you cancelled you would forfeit your deposit. You can either confirm manually, or it will be auto-confirmed after two weeks.

You may, or may not, be able to change the order after confirmation (up to Tesla if they will accept the change).

Thanks - I guess I was just hoping that an RN number was as good as confirmed....

Oh well I am not prepared to pull the trigger until I have a few of the options discussed - not sure about the trims and whether I really want a spoiler (I think not) etc....saw a car in the US but that was last October and I didn't know enough to look at the trim levels carefully.

However, I think domestic harmony will require me to select blue - not my first choice. May even have to put my wife's Carlton plates on it.....no I would have to draw the line at that!

Anyone else note the Tesla site shows Australian deliveries starting this 'Summer'? Model S Facts | Tesla Motors

When I go in through the "buy" tab and it brings up the screen with the Model S, Model X and Model X Sig it still shows Autumn 2014 for Model S deliveries. So we either have just entered Tesla time stretch based upon Southern Hemisphere definitions or we won't see anything until at least September based upon Northern hemisphere.

Also note that deposit for Model S has dropped to $3k (as per the US?)

Well there is more than 1 way to measure maximum demand; calculation, limitation, measurement... I chose calculation. but I didn't want to go into detail.
In any case you still need to do what I said to install the "master switch" CB.
Tassie was discovered first so a lot more older installations here :D

What's your day job president_ltd?

My day job is certainly NOT being a sparkie - so thank you for your informed comments.
Separate to the thread here, I'd started a thread for the sparkies on renovateforum.com.
Alas, I'm now thinking that what i thought was a 63A circuit breaker on the master switch is likely just a master switch and not a CB.
So likely I'd need that changed over from a safety perspective.

Not sure if these forums allow cross-linking forums but if they do, other thread is at How big can an individual circuit be (Melb/VIC/single phase)

I'm not keen to post what my day job is here but am happy to share at the event on Tuesday night.

Thanks MDK - I'm also in WA, have you heard anything on how we'll get our cars delivered (and serviced)?

Stone indicated that a service centre in Perth will be established some time in 2015.

You have the option of deferring delivery until the service centre opens.

I'll take delivery ASAP. You can get a third party to do the service such as EV Works or EV Shop.
Service on an EV is not really a big deal but there may be some warranty issues that could cause some grief.