Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks MDK - I'm also in WA, have you heard anything on how we'll get our cars delivered (and serviced)?

Stone indicated that a service centre in Perth will be established some time in 2015.

You have the option of deferring delivery until the service centre opens.

I'll take delivery ASAP. You can get a third party to do the service such as EV Works or EV Shop.
Service on an EV is not really a big deal but there may be some warranty issues that could cause some grief.

Yeh, I can't imagine they'd leave us completely stranded. Do you think delivery (before the service centre opens) will be included in the price?

You would think that after the months even years of soul searching about colours, options, battery size etc etc, double checking even triple checking the order, a few minutes ago I press Place Order. After a pause it comes back with my order details and it's got black leather - - - Noooooooooo :eek: I wanted Tan! Panic ensued for a few minutes whilst I went back in changed it to Tan but my confirmation email still said black. Doh!
Is there a special email address for people in the ordering process, I just want my confirmation email resent with the Tan leather specified?
Edit: Never mind I found it! Buildmymodelsau at tesla motors dot com.

You would think that after the months even years of soul searching about colours, options, battery size etc etc, double checking even triple checking the order, a few minutes ago I press Place Order. After a pause it comes back with my order details and it's got black leather - - - Noooooooooo :eek: I wanted Tan! Panic ensued for a few minutes whilst I went back in changed it to Tan but my confirmation email still said black. Doh!
Is there a special email address for people in the ordering process, I just want my confirmation email resent with the Tan leather specified?
Edit: Never mind I found it! Buildmymodelsau at tesla motors dot com.

Oh no!! Something similar just happened to me. I just placed my order and the web site decided to hang and return an error. I refreshed the page and it appeared to have taken my order giving me the option to confirm. Paranoid about the error on page, I went back into the design studio to review before confirming and noticed the it was showing my territory as ACT when it should have been WA. No probs I thought, I'll just change it back, hit done and then confirm. However, despite the design studio allowing me to change the state, it does not seem to store the information when I hit done, returning back to ACT every time. Now I can't confirm my order as I have the wrong state and am stuck in a loop. Did anyone else make any changes to their order after hitting place order but before hitting 'confirm'? Did the page remember your edits? Looks like I'll be sending an email to buildmymodelsau too. :confused:

Thanks MDK - I'm also in WA, have you heard anything on how we'll get our cars delivered (and serviced)?
Stone indicated that a service centre in Perth will be established some time in 2015.

You have the option of deferring delivery until the service centre opens.

I'll take delivery ASAP. You can get a third party to do the service such as EV Works or EV Shop.
Service on an EV is not really a big deal but there may be some warranty issues that could cause some grief.

I've not spoken to anyone at Tesla recently. My last communication was with Naomi a month ago who could not confirm if they would be selling cars in WA at all, so I am pleased to hear you've had an indication that we can get our cars before the service centre opens.
I'd rather take delivery ASAP as well - although I have no idea how long it will be between Signature and non-Signature deliveries.

Oh no!! Something similar just happened to me. I just placed my order and the web site decided to hang and return an error. I refreshed the page and it appeared to have taken my order giving me the option to confirm. Paranoid about the error on page, I went back into the design studio to review before confirming and noticed the it was showing my territory as ACT when it should have been WA. No probs I thought, I'll just change it back, hit done and then confirm. However, despite the design studio allowing me to change the state, it does not seem to store the information when I hit done, returning back to ACT every time. Now I can't confirm my order as I have the wrong state and am stuck in a loop. Did anyone else make any changes to their order after hitting place order but before hitting 'confirm'? Did the page remember your edits? Looks like I'll be sending an email to buildmymodelsau too. :confused:
Mines doing the same :-(
I'm not going to worry about that, I'm sure they will realise and charge me for stamp duty later.

I don't think they store the state / stamp duty information in their database. the PDF attached to my confirmation email does not mention any of the taxes, not even LCT
The choice of state is only there in the design studio because by law they have to show the driveaway price in any advertising material including the website.

So long as your delivery address is correct I wouldn't worry.

I don't think they store the state / stamp duty information in their database. the PDF attached to my confirmation email does not mention any of the taxes, not even LCT
The choice of state is only there in the design studio because by law they have to show the driveaway price in any advertising material including the website.

So long as your delivery address is correct I wouldn't worry.

Cool, sounds like a usability oversight on the website then. I'm off to pull the 'confirm now' trigger!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Adapptor - it's in another thread :) just look in the forums

Cool, I'm adding my car to it now :biggrin:

Currently the app is region locked to countries they sell cars in and they'll make it live closer to the shipping date (just another item for them to complete).

If you have a spare email address, and a US address (I think you can use any valid address), then you can make a US iTunes account. People do the same for watching Apple TV and iTunes content, though for that case you even need an IP redirect. This will let you install the app, though it might disappear from your phone again as soon as you change back to au.

Even in Hong Kong store, we can't get the app yet, although deliveries are supposedly starting in just over a month from now (for sigs)

If you have a spare email address, and a US address (I think you can use any valid address), then you can make a US iTunes account. People do the same for watching Apple TV and iTunes content, though for that case you even need an IP redirect. This will let you install the app, though it might disappear from your phone again as soon as you change back to au.

Even in Hong Kong store, we can't get the app yet, although deliveries are supposedly starting in just over a month from now (for sigs)

I have the app. Downloaded from US store a long time ago. When the app is launched you have to sign in to MyTesla. It then just says "No vehicles linked to this MyTesla account. Your vehicle may not be ready" and takes you back to the sign in screen.

There re is not demo mode or any way to see the features until your car is delivered (or close to delivery).

Interesting, I notice that there's no option to upgrade the tyres on the S60 here like there is in the US - does this mean that Australian 60s come with the upgraded tyres as standard? Not that it matters too much, as it seems I'm so far the only one to order the 60 :p

Interesting, I notice that there's no option to upgrade the tyres on the S60 here like there is in the US - does this mean that Australian 60s come with the upgraded tyres as standard? Not that it matters too much, as it seems I'm so far the only one to order the 60 :p

I think we'll probably see quite a few 60s on the roads, just not here on this forum!! How do we get all the reservation holders on here! Sample size is way too small atm...

I think we'll probably see quite a few 60s on the roads, just not here on this forum!! How do we get all the reservation holders on here! Sample size is way too small atm...
Some people simply won't join unfortunately. i wasn't actively looking here for ages until the Aus stuff started to ramp up.

Maybe try to get an ANZ group going at the Tesla site - all reservation holders have access there. One issue though is that anyone can edit the spreadsheet, so the data can get unreliable pretty quickly if kids or troublemakers get onto it.

Some people simply won't join unfortunately. i wasn't actively looking here for ages until the Aus stuff started to ramp up.

Maybe try to get an ANZ group going at the Tesla site - all reservation holders have access there. One issue though is that anyone can edit the spreadsheet, so the data can get unreliable pretty quickly if kids or troublemakers get onto it.

Yeah you're right - which is why I don't really want to advertise there. I know all of you guys are sensible. Worst comes to worst I can just lock it for editing.