Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds great meloccom. I'm looking forward to seeing people's reactions when numerous Model S's silently and quickly accelerate away. Parking seems to be first in, best dressed with two Ferrari 360 spiders relegated to the side carpark and the event seems to be pretty strict on the 8-10am timeslot. I'll set my alarm a little earlier next month (rather than wait to be woken by the sound of revving supercars ) and see what time people start jostling for positions.

Evening All - trust everyone is well - its a great event - I have attended since the first one in Feb - grown from about 40 of us to almost 200 cars and people from everywhere - was so great to have Stone and James arrive in pure silence - the boys didn't get a chance to gat out of the car before they were inundated with questions and inquisitive minds - was truly awesome - naysayers in the minority which was good - although i had to set a few peole straight about energy production whislt waiting inline for coffee....lol....after everyone left it was just us in the car park - Model S P 85 and McLaren 650S - the future for cars and the future for super cars - Tesla has arrived - McLaren will bring the first pure electric supercar over the coming years (sic - Mike Flewitt) - btw - seemed to have lost the link to where we are adding our Specs to the list - can anyone point me to it? My P85 is sourcing now too! - Jmac

Evening All - trust everyone is well - its a great event - I have attended since the first one in Feb - grown from about 40 of us to almost 200 cars and people from everywhere - was so great to have Stone and James arrive in pure silence - the boys didn't get a chance to gat out of the car before they were inundated with questions and inquisitive minds - was truly awesome - naysayers in the minority which was good - although i had to set a few peole straight about energy production whislt waiting inline for coffee....lol....after everyone left it was just us in the car park - Model S P 85 and McLaren 650S - the future for cars and the future for super cars - Tesla has arrived - McLaren will bring the first pure electric supercar over the coming years (sic - Mike Flewitt) - btw - seemed to have lost the link to where we are adding our Specs to the list - can anyone point me to it? My P85 is sourcing now too! - Jmac
Hi Jay, I saw some pictures of the event and thought the Mclaren may have been you.
Here is a link to the List of Confirmed Australian Orders thread. The spreadsheet link is in the first post.

Just got this little tid bit from the Tesla Forums:

"I ordered a Model S June 27 and was told by the "ownership advisor" that it would come with the newly upgraded seats when it is delivered in September."

So fingers crossed :D

Of course, we may have missed the boat, as there was a month's gap between their order and ours...

Last edited:

"I ordered a Model S June 27 and was told by the "ownership advisor" that it would come with the newly upgraded seats when it is delivered in September."

Of course, we may have missed the boat, as there was a month's gap between their order and ours...

Surely, "We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S" really means "we are getting the good bits for your seat" :)

That will be interesting to see. I wonder what the new seats are like. I'd have expected that they would have just made another option for upgraded ones.

omg insurance finally sorted - congrats guys :)

Take for an extended test drive to Melbourne please thanks!

Ok so booked in for Sunday morning.

If I manage to wangle the extended test drive I should be in Melbourne late Monday evening allowing for charging stops and evading the police looking for a stolen silent blue Jaguar/Maserati/Audi......

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 7.56.07 pm.png

Last edited: