Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great!!
Trouble is - we are all still "sourcing".

Feel your pain there! Having seen that line of text since February, and it's still there (I'm production, not Sig, so also still "sourcing")

The irony is that after all this waiting and delays, I might end up asking for a further delay of 1 month, as it starts to infringe on travel overseas now. No point of having the car for a few days, then parking it for weeks at a cost of what I think is around 15AUD / day - and that's "my own" estate parking that is asking for that amount.

Is that what you call "chick offended"?

Come on, you've gotta give us more than that! ;)

The charging verification guys came today to do some testing. They also were doing GPS and radio tests in conjunction with another car as well. I couldn't get to the test drive days this weekend and Sydney so last night I asked if I could do a test drive today when the car was visiting. The answer was yes!

I drove the only Tesla Model S currently in Australia - the blue one that some of the other people have seen and felt. I drove it for about 10 minutes around the Newcastle beaches area. It's a P85+ but sadly I was a long way away from a 100k area. Under acceleration (to exactly 60 kmh ;-) ) the car was awesome. There is a quietness, great acceleration and a slight whine that sounds better than a slight whine - maybe like a turbine increasing revs! The quality of the finish, panel gaps, etc is brilliant. It feels very luxurious inside. The car had the beige leather and matte wood finish - which looks ok.

It's still currently in my garage - locked. My power load is about 7KWh while it's being charged (you can see Tesla load here http://www.merewether.com/power-usage right now - or image below). It's slightly longer that I expected - I will have to shuffle some things in my garage. It soon will be picked up by its friendly handlers and whisked back down the freeway to Sydney.

There was a great moment when I was driving it when a guy in a RS6 was all over the back end trying to figure out what it was - or just gawking at it's gorgeousness. And no, I didn't take the opportunity to flatten the pedal and disappear away from his lard-arsed 2.1 tonne V10 slow-mobile.

I've got a couple of pics that don't do it justice. Here is a sample.

tesla.jpg

Tesla Power Load
Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 4.38.38 pm.png

The charging verification guys came today to do some testing. They also were doing GPS and radio tests in conjunction with another car as well. I couldn't get to the test drive days this weekend and Sydney so last night I asked if I could do a test drive today when the car was visiting. The answer was yes!

I drove the only Tesla Model S currently in Australia - the blue one that some of the other people have seen and felt. I drove it for about 10 minutes around the Newcastle beaches area. It's a P85+ but sadly I was a long way away from a 100k area. Under acceleration (to exactly 60 kmh ;-) ) the car was awesome. There is a quietness, great acceleration and a slight whine that sounds better than a slight whine - maybe like a turbine increasing revs! The quality of the finish, panel gaps, etc is brilliant. It feels very luxurious inside. The car had the beige leather and matte wood finish - which looks ok.

It's still currently in my garage - locked. My power load is about 7KWh while it's being charged (you can see Tesla load here http://www.merewether.com/power-usage right now - or image below). It's slightly longer that I expected - I will have to shuffle some things in my garage. It soon will be picked up by its friendly handlers and whisked back down the freeway to Sydney.

There was a great moment when I was driving it when a guy in a RS6 was all over the back end trying to figure out what it was - or just gawking at it's gorgeousness. And no, I didn't take the opportunity to flatten the pedal and disappear away from his lard-arsed 2.1 tonne V10 slow-mobile.

I've got a couple of pics that don't do it justice. Here is a sample.

View attachment 53379
Tesla Power Load
View attachment 53380

So, the only model s in Australia is currently in your garage... My god. If that isn't the worlds biggest tease, I don't know what is.

So, the only model s in Australia is currently in your garage... My god. If that isn't the worlds biggest tease, I don't know what is.

I concur - would bee so frustrating, especially since we still don't really have an ETD.

There's some stuff circulating around that says shipping will be 6-8 weeks for the cars...so that rules out July...and August. But still on track for September if the cars get made before the factory shutdown. If not...well...who knows.