Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to stay calm & level headed...

Flights book - test drive confirmed with Matthew Lau Thursday - Melbourne here I come! :cool:

No chance of sleeping tonight. :rolleyes:

Thought of a good test drive route? May I suggest you include Yarra Boulevard in Kew. They have a P85 and a P85+. Perhaps a good place to check out the body roll of the plus?

Matt is taking over from Cary who is heading to the UK.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Thought of a good test drive route? May I suggest you include Yarra Boulevard in Kew. They have a P85 and a P85+. Perhaps a good place to check out the body roll of the plus?

Matt is taking over from Cary who is heading to the UK.

Enjoy!

Great suggestion - Yarra Boulevard would be a great track to test out the car. Maybe also Albert Park Lake because, well, Formula 1.

Steer clear of the city.

Go on some freeways so you can try high speed lane changes and merging.

Last edited:
My cheeks hurt :biggrin:

Spent 3 hours with 'Christina' - we named her after the red head from Mad Men cause the other blank MS is named Beyonce :cool:

Went all over Melbourne - was just so effortless at any speed!

Cary let loose a few times - all I could do was giggle :tongue:

Amazing. . Just amazing!

Did also notice the charging port indicator lights aren't around the charging port but rather behind the flap in strip led's.

Last edited:
My cheeks hurt :biggrin:

Spent 3 hours with 'Christina' - we named her after the red head from Mad Men cause the other blank MS is named Beyonce :cool:

Went all over Melbourne - was just so effortless at any speed!

Cary let loose a few times - all I could do was giggle :tongue:

Amazing. . Just amazing!

Did also notice the charging port indicator lights aren't around the charging port but rather behind the flap in strip led's.

Voyxr! That's awesome man, glad you had a great time. Did you put it through its paces? Will Tesla be getting a few speeding tickets?!

Voyxr! That's awesome man, glad you had a great time. Did you put it through its paces? Will Tesla be getting a few speeding tickets?!

Cary had no problem with me pushing the pedal to the floor. Christina loves it! 0-100+ is just way to easy!

We all had the same black tesla jackets so when we stopped to do some. .. testing. .. all these randoms swamped us. So Cary & Matthew could work I was deemed temp sales rep - spouting facts & figures like a pro! :cool:

Last edited:
Cary had no problem with me pushing the pedal to the floor. Christina loves it! 0-100+ is just way to easy!

We all had the same black tesla jackets so when we stopped to do some. .. testing. .. all these randoms swamped us. So Cary & Michael could work I was deemed temp sales rep - spouting facts & figures like a pro! :cool:

haha that's so cool. Where did you stop? Did people know it was a Tesla? Most of the people I know seem to be aware of the brand and the car...

Stopped to do some charge testing - can't say where - Cary wanted to keep it on the down low.

All the randoms I spoke 2 was their 1st time seeing an MS - which was fantastic to talk everything Tesla :biggrin:

Was an amazing day - heads still spinning. *scours @ ICE in garage* :cursing: - im expected to drive that dinosaur!!!

I must also add that Matthew & Cary are busting their @sses to get this all happening 4 us.

They were constantly on the phone/email/ipad - phone was ringing&buzzing every few minutes! But they always kept their cool&professionalism - they're the right ppl 4 the job. :cool:

Hi, new guy here. I had a demo with Stone in Sydney on Monday. I was very impressed with the car but also with Stone who patiently answered questions for an hour.

I've got a reservation from ages ago and configured my car (metallic red/black with all options) but the news that Adelaide orders will be delayed due to the lack of a service centre is discouraging me from pulling the trigger. I know we all have to wait but I don't really want to wait longer just because of where I live. Now I'm thinking of buying with a NSW or Vic address (I have a business with offices in both). What do other SA buyers think?

Hi, new guy here. I had a demo with Stone in Sydney on Monday. I was very impressed with the car but also with Stone who patiently answered questions for an hour.

I've got a reservation from ages ago and configured my car (metallic red/black with all options) but the news that Adelaide orders will be delayed due to the lack of a service centre is discouraging me from pulling the trigger. I know we all have to wait but I don't really want to wait longer just because of where I live. Now I'm thinking of buying with a NSW or Vic address (I have a business with offices in both). What do other SA buyers think?

I'm a WA buyer and pulled the trigger regardless of delivery date. Was a little dejected when I heard we'd be waiting till 'early next year' for delivery but have waited so long now that figure another 6 months is no biggy. Does make me wonder if there were any Sig cars ordered from WA/SA and if so how Tesla will handle their delivery. Any theories/knowledge?

I'm not in SA, but I can understand the frustration. I'd be hesitant to buy in another state just now since it could be painful getting support if you need it. It may also count against you getting the service centre quickly since they'll be crunching the numbers in each location to justify the expense. The only downside that I can see of ordering now is that you may lock your configuration in and not be able to choose new options if they become available in the interim. Mind you, if the build hasn't started I'd be surprised if they stopped you amending the config.

Meanwhile your best option is to drum up additional sales in Adelaide. :)

I'm not in SA, but I can understand the frustration. I'd be hesitant to buy in another state just now since it could be painful getting support if you need it. It may also count against you getting the service centre quickly since they'll be crunching the numbers in each location to justify the expense. The only downside that I can see of ordering now is that you may lock your configuration in and not be able to choose new options if they become available in the interim. Mind you, if the build hasn't started I'd be surprised if they stopped you amending the config.

Meanwhile your best option is to drum up additional sales in Adelaide. :)
Bit of a chicken and egg situation regarding drumming up sales. You need to have something tangible to show those, who, unlike us, would have a lot of scepticism of a startup, unknown brand with new technology. I have friends who can more than afford the car in Sydney, who have heard me talking about the car for years now, who have actually walked in to a showroom in the States while on holiday, but yet, when i suggested to them that test drives were available and would put them on to the right people to arrange, write back and tell me that they will wait for test rides in MY car!! These are semi retired people who indeed DO have the time, mind you!!

I'm in the same boat MHH but on the flip side i'm happy to wait for delivery until the support network's setup. Nothing would suck more than a fault where the car's immobile & you're only option is send it to VIC. :eek:

Had to drive my ICE vehicle this morning to work...I don't know how i'm going to continue to drive it for the next 9+ months :scared::cursing:

I'm a WA buyer and pulled the trigger regardless of delivery date. Was a little dejected when I heard we'd be waiting till 'early next year' for delivery but have waited so long now that figure another 6 months is no biggy. Does make me wonder if there were any Sig cars ordered from WA/SA and if so how Tesla will handle their delivery. Any theories/knowledge?

QLD is in same situation regarding delay due to lack of service centre. I suspect that the delay will be short (about 6 months?) since once cars start arriving in NSW and VIC, there is nothing stopping owners from moving or simply driving to other states, except of course that the mobile chargers are being delivered in early 2015 as well. The way I'm looking at it is:

- It's a wait list....there never was a committed date
- NSW and VIC will be the "Guinea Pigs" to help Tesla burn in their local procedures and country specific changes. We are already seeing this with HPWC units.
- Even though "locked in", the delay provides the potential to get the 2015 model, which is muted to have some standard changes/improvements (too inefficient to build various versions).
- More time for charging infrastructure to get in place.

I think the question about allowing "pre-build commencement" order revisions is a good one. TESLA seem to be a company committed to customer service and doing the right thing by the customer. It just makes sense to address this pro-actively.

QLD is in same situation regarding delay due to lack of service centre. I suspect that the delay will be short (about 6 months?) since once cars start arriving in NSW and VIC, there is nothing stopping owners from moving or simply driving to other states, except of course that the mobile chargers are being delivered in early 2015 as well. The way I'm looking at it is:

- It's a wait list....there never was a committed date
- NSW and VIC will be the "Guinea Pigs" to help Tesla burn in their local procedures and country specific changes. We are already seeing this with HPWC units.
- Even though "locked in", the delay provides the potential to get the 2015 model, which is muted to have some standard changes/improvements (too inefficient to build various versions).
- More time for charging infrastructure to get in place.

I think the question about allowing "pre-build commencement" order revisions is a good one. TESLA seem to be a company committed to customer service and doing the right thing by the customer. It just makes sense to address this pro-actively.

Have been confirmed delivery of my Signature car at the same time as other signature cars (End August or September). They were not sure if they will have to ship mine from Sydney or ? The finer details were not clear. This discussion only happened last week. As JOH describes, it should'nt matter how long the wait is (if it does not affect you personally!), as long as the wait was well worth it. Stressing on this matter is not worth while.

Have been confirmed delivery of my Signature car at the same time as other signature cars (End August or September). They were not sure if they will have to ship mine from Sydney or ? The finer details were not clear. This discussion only happened last week. As JOH describes, it should'nt matter how long the wait is (if it does not affect you personally!), as long as the wait was well worth it. Stressing on this matter is not worth while.

If Tesla's reason for delaying builds for cars with owner addresses in Qld, SA and WA is the lack of service support, why would they ship a Signature to Qld before the service centre was up and running?