Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So,

- The service centre is as good as ready
- There is staff on the ground
- Extrapolating from the "in transit" dates the SIGs are here by now.
- If I was running the 'launch' the cars would be being prepped at a temporary facility. It is hard to believe that Tesla is not capable of this level of planning! So lets assume that the SIGs are prepped.

So what are we waiting for?

My guess is for an agreement on WHEN to have the launch. Having been involved with large organisations before we are waiting for the Execs to commit to the date and to attend.

From the organisations perspective the publicity is their first consideration - but it is not mine!

I would be happy to know something along the lines 'we expect the launch to be in the second week of December'.

In frustration
Higgy

I'm still being told mid December. That is 4 weeks from now.

Yep!

- - - Updated - - -

So,

- If I was running the 'launch' the cars would be being prepped at a temporary facility. It is hard to believe that Tesla is not capable of this level of planning! So lets assume that the SIGs are prepped.

My guess is for an agreement on WHEN to have the launch. Having been involved with large organisations before we are waiting for the Execs to commit to the date and to attend.

From the organisations perspective the publicity is their first consideration - but it is not mine!

I would be happy to know something along the lines 'we expect the launch to be in the second week of December'.

In frustration
Higgy
They are certainly keeping a very low profile!! Dead silence from Tesla!

So,

In frustration
Higgy

The Sigs aren't here yet.

I've recently (very) been told that my prod/regular reservation will be delivered mid-Dec and the sigs will be done separately before then. So, I think it will be very soon that we'll all find out about a launch date.

The sig owners may have expected more time gap and priority than regular reservation owners (and they should) but to satisfy the market and to maximise exposure, the launch event may cover delivery of most, if not all, sigs and then the first wave of other cars (state and location factored in as well).

I also expect Elon will be here for the launch and the sigs owners might be able to say gidday and share some tim-tams with him.

How do we know this? Mine was in transit 34 days ago....

Because they all came on the same freighter and a few cars delayed them. The last Sig that we are aware of left the factory around the 30th so they will all likely arrive in Sydney next week. If you start camping out the service center expect to see the first cars there late next week, as long as Tesla have all the customs paperwork complete.

Also, in transit means they left the factory, not that they were on a boat.

Last edited:
Because they all came on the same freighter and a few cars delayed them. The last Sig that we are aware of left the factory around the 30th so they will all likely arrive in Sydney next week. If you start camping out the service center expect to see the first cars there late next week, as long as Tesla have all the customs paperwork complete.

Also, in transit means they left the factory, not that they were on a boat.

These types of exports are consigned to a freight forwarder who puts 4 at a time into a container which is then dispatched. I would be very surprised if Tesla had a different (and more expensive) approach.

- - - Updated - - -

I am surmising based on experience..... If you have concrete information please share.

These types of exports are consigned to a freight forwarder who puts 4 at a time into a container which is then dispatched. I would be very surprised if Tesla had a different (and more expensive) approach.

- - - Updated - - -

I am surmising based on experience..... If you have concrete information please share.

Yep, they are using the method you describe, but I've heard they dispatch them in groups from the factory. With this in mind, it would make sense then that the Sigs would be one group. Also, I somehow doubt that Bornstein would be happy if his Sig was delivered later than people who made a reservation years after his, so his car is the holdup.

Yep, they are using the method you describe, but I've heard they dispatch them in groups from the factory. With this in mind, it would make sense then that the Sigs would be one group. Also, I somehow doubt that Bornstein would be happy if his Sig was delivered later than people who made a reservation years after his, so his car is the holdup.

*Everyone's heads slowly turn in Dborn's direction*

jk jk

I expect all the Sigs to be delivered in the same timeframe with some freight difference depending on delivery address.

There are at least 32 sigs - maybe 40 or 50? Each car will take time to prepare. How many can be prepared in a week? Or how many can be prepared in the two -three weeks we are hoping?
I would hope that Tesla is already preparing the early arrivals now otherwise.....

I know that they have flown in staff in the past but the logistics of trying to do everything at the last minute are mind boggling - and a recipe for disaster (well hiccups and problems at the very least).

Cheers (maybe I should sign off 'tears')
David

Oh well I have a loooong lunch today - another round of ' have you got your car yet'...I will have to drown my sorrows.

*Everyone's heads slowly turn in Dborn's direction*

jk jk
Ok ok ok. Yeah, I would be pretty pissed not to get my car before general production cars. But hey, it is not my fault. I confirmed VERY promptly at all times. So, I am sheeting any blame straight back onto Tesla!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I expect all the Sigs to be delivered in the same timeframe with some freight difference depending on delivery address.

There are at least 32 sigs - maybe 40 or 50? Each car will take time to prepare. How many can be prepared in a week? Or how many can be prepared in the two -three weeks we are hoping?
I would hope that Tesla is already preparing the early arrivals now otherwise.....

I know that they have flown in staff in the past but the logistics of trying to do everything at the last minute are mind boggling - and a recipe for disaster (well hiccups and problems at the very least).

Cheers (maybe I should sign off 'tears')
David

Oh well I have a loooong lunch today - another round of ' have you got your car yet'...I will have to drown my sorrows.

Yeah, all my friends come in with " so, have you got your car yet?" Getting REALLY old now!!

Here's an interesting stat: WA has more Tesla orders per capita than any other state in Australia. So when do we get our Service Centre? :rolleyes:

Orders-by-State-141118.png