Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They showed it on prime (7) news, but I switched over just as the segment ended, so didn't have time to see what the connection was. I stop there regularly as it is when we're traveling north, but the new bypass is going around them. This is a great way to encourage people to make the stop from the highway.

it's a chargepoint CT4000 it's on the map already so it has 2 J1772 outlets.

I've finally broken out my copy of Nick Howe's "Owning Model S". http://nickjhowe.com/tesla/modelsguide.html .

Too scared to start it earlier in case I jinxed things :). Good book!

Last ICE tank a couple of weeks ago, car sold, garage almost cleaned, finally telling friends what I'm buying, launch RSVP'd, WhatsApp installed, solar cranking 'Tesla Credits', finance almost sorted. All I want for Christmas is you ("Little Nik" if timing is OK). :)

With the weather the way it is today I am sort of glad I don't have my new baby yet! Have got to drive my cousin to the airport in about an hours time.....

Yep, we were lucky to be parked in a shopping centre when large hailstones rained down, killing the power and potentially doing a lot of damage. I wonder how well the pano roof will stand up in large hail - a friends car was written off with all windows smashed in the 1999 storms. She was in it at the time and said it was terrifying.

For us in us watching for Tuesday am in au. Please post hours till actual launch. It has been exciting once again watching all of your build up to the Australia release best wishes for a successful launch!
The launch starts 6.30pm Sydney time. Easiest way to work it out is subtract 6 hours from California time and add one day., so it is now 7.50 am Monday which is 12.50 pm Sunday in California.
The event is said to run to 10.00 pm.
So the event begins 12.30 am Tuesday morning California time.

Last edited:
The launch starts 6.30pm Sydney time. Easiest way to work it out is subtract 6 hours from California time and add one day., so it is now 7.50 am Monday which is 12.50 pm Sunday in California.
The event is said to run to 10.00 pm.
So the event begins 12.30 am Monday morning California time.

The World Clock - Time Zone Converter - Australia – New South Wales – Sydney vs U.S.A. – California – Los Angeles,U.S.A. – New York – New York

I use this handy website to keep track of when worldwide events are in our time...
According to that it's 11:30pm Monday in California.

Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Tuesday, 9 December 2014 at 6:30:00 PM AEDT UTC+11 hours
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Monday, 8 December 2014 at 11:30:00 PM PST UTC-8 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Tuesday, 9 December 2014 at 2:30:00 AM EST UTC-5 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, 9 December 2014 at 07:30:00

Yep, we were lucky to be parked in a shopping centre when large hailstones rained down, killing the power and potentially doing a lot of damage. I wonder how well the pano roof will stand up in large hail - a friends car was written off with all windows smashed in the 1999 storms. She was in it at the time and said it was terrifying.

I do worry about how an aluminium body will hold up in a hail storm. My current car was left out in a hail storm (parked at the airport) a few years ago and it did $3500 worth of damage. Almost every panel needed work. I can see that stretching well into the 5 figure category for a Model S.

See you all tomorrow night!

The World Clock - Time Zone Converter - Australia – New South Wales – Sydney vs U.S.A. – California – Los Angeles,U.S.A. – New York – New York

I use this handy website to keep track of when worldwide events are in our time...
According to that it's 11:30pm Monday in California.

Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Tuesday, 9 December 2014 at 6:30:00 PM AEDT UTC+11 hours
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Monday, 8 December 2014 at 11:30:00 PM PST UTC-8 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Tuesday, 9 December 2014 at 2:30:00 AM EST UTC-5 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, 9 December 2014 at 07:30:00
It appears i may have got confused with daylight saving issues.

A random Tesla sighting this morning. In a queue of traffic this morning just north of North Sydney heading towards the bridge when a small light blue car wants to join my lane. After letting in what I thought was a Lotis Elise I realise it was a Tesla Roadster. That brightened my trip up until a Mercedes SUV forced his way in front and cut off the nice view!

I saw it as a good Tesla omen!

A random Tesla sighting this morning. In a queue of traffic this morning just north of North Sydney heading towards the bridge when a small light blue car wants to join my lane. After letting in what I thought was a Lotis Elise I realise it was a Tesla Roadster. That brightened my trip up until a Mercedes SUV forced his way in front and cut off the nice view!

I saw it as a good Tesla omen!

I think I saw this too. I saw something Roadster or Lotus shaped heading to the city on Anzac Bridge at about 10am. It whipped past my taxi and by the time I got a clear sight of it, it was too far away for me to tell what it was. Slightly greyish light blue?