Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume this was a demo car - anyone know? Hopefully this got more attention than below from Crikey:

We've been hearing grumbles about the parking situation from a few corners -- perhaps everyone should try and hitch a ride with Clive Palmer, who turned up to Parliament today in a red Tesla.

X9SqjE9.jpg

That's from reddit. Why the number plate is blanked, I've got no idea.

I hope this was not an official sponsorship - it would be a pity to have the opportunity wasted on Clive.

There are better opportunities for coverage - and by an MP without the "baggage" of Clive - apart from the fact that he is the coal king...

I guess his vote on the ETS could be crucial.

Well what can I say - it's only been 24 hours but OMG what a car! :love:

Spent most of the day giving rides to everyone at work. :cool:

Few issues all being taken care of - Tesla support have been very helpful.

Charge port door is sticking - Tesla mechanic is flying to Adelaide next week to have a look.

Nav audio prompts are in miles instead of kilometres - remote update fix required.

Greasy fingerprints left on the head liner from PrixCar - known issue apparently.

Time for more Sparky rides!

Cheers!

Interesting article about EV standards on the Conversation

Agreeing on standards is a key to electric vehicles

Stephen King, Professor, Department of Economics at Monash University

This is absolutely key for the future of EVs in Australia. There is not enough conversation and momentum behind EVs in Australia for a government mandated standard, and we're going to face ambiguity for a long time. It used to be that Tesla was Type 2, and everyone else was Type 1, but as more European brands bring out their European specced cars here, we'll start getting a mix of Type 1 and Type 2, even from the same company!! It's going to be chaos...