Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think politics should be discussed on a separate thread, if at all.

Blame me for that chaps. I shouldn't have taken up on Blue Heaven's Turnbull quotes (as good as it was !). It was so relevant today, after the demise of the ultra right wing Queensland government overnight, which (quietly) I'm pretty chuffed about ! So far as our EV's are concerned, at least Turnbull
seems to be a 'thinker', capable of seeing the big picture, environmentally.

Sooo, getting away from politics and onto the always interesting topic of the weather, it rained today in Melbourne. A lot. And I got wet. In my car. Hmmmmm.... Have been in touch with Tesla.
Oh no, that cannot be true...for such an expensive car...didn't Tesla have such problem in the past and isn't it resolved yet? I think you must have been shocked to see that, I feel sorry for you.
How about our other Model S owners with pano roof?

Oh no, that cannot be true...for such an expensive car...didn't Tesla have such problem in the past and isn't it resolved yet? I think you must have been shocked to see that, I feel sorry for you.
How about our other Model S owners with pano roof?
It's easy enough for a seal to get stuck on a sunroof and leak - they are inherently leaky things and usually have a drain to cater for water that leaks past.

I was in very heavy torrential rain last week - so far, so good, no leaks.

If anyone hasn't tried Lossless playback with the upgraded sound studio yet - please do yourself a favour (thanks Molly), buy a USB stick, and put some FLAC files on there.

I've got Chet Faker's new album as lossless, and it is absolutely glorious! I can't believe how good it sounds.

Who is driving with creep on and who off?
I have til today had it on. Turned it off to see which i like better. Only done a short drive so far, and the car has a whole different feel. Still not sure, but the fine control without creep is very good. OTOH, if there is a slight incline backwards, without creep, the car freely rolls back (as might be expected). If you are used to creep on or an ordinary automatic gearbox, this is disconcerting at first. Creep makes no difference to stopping with one pedal driving. I thought that without it, the car might come to a complete stop, but it does not. Of course, WHEN they finally decide that we are not tail-end -Charlies and give us 6.1, that all might change.
(asked today at the SC when we might get it - they did a sergeant Schulz, we don't know nothing...).
Those lucky few with 6.1, have you received the further updates that they are receiving in the USA? If so, what is the current version number you have received?

I have til today had it on. Turned it off to see which i like better. Only done a short drive so far, and the car has a whole different feel. Still not sure, but the fine control without creep is very good. OTOH, if there is a slight incline backwards, without creep, the car freely rolls back (as might be expected). If you are used to creep on or an ordinary automatic gearbox, this is disconcerting at first. Creep makes no difference to stopping with one pedal driving. I thought that without it, the car might come to a complete stop, but it does not. Of course, WHEN they finally decide that we are not tail-end -Charlies and give us 6.1, that all might change.
(asked today at the SC when we might get it - they did a sergeant Schulz, we don't know nothing...).
Those lucky few with 6.1, have you received the further updates that they are receiving in the USA? If so, what is the current version number you have received?
Dborn, I thought the MS did a type of hill start assist if you hold the brake on a hill before moving to the accelerator? Or am I mistaken for someones wish list item?

i am talking like at the mouth of my garage where the angle would be a few degrees. I Think Heosat is correct. On actual roads with an incline, this does not happen.

I've had the hill hold since it was first released about 6 months ago, and I have yet to find a situation where it doesn't hold properly. However, you have to actually have come to a complete stop, with the brake depressed, for it to kick in. For example, if you're driving up a small hill, and come to a stop with the regeneration and the backward force of the hill, but don't actually hold the brake pedal, it won't do the hill hold.

Can anyone comment on the quality of the standard sound system?

I have the standard sound system and I consider it to be extraordinarily good. I gave up being an audiophile many years ago, but to my ears its a very good sound system. PM me if you want to try to make a time to hear it.

I'm sure the fancy one sounds better, but I couldn't justify the extra $4k or whatever it is. I was concerned about this as Tesla's demo cars all had the high end system (which suggests to me that it costs them a whole lot less than they charge for it).

- - - Updated - - -

I had creep off for a couple of days and found it very tricky at low speed on inclines and in parking situations; especially reversing into a parking spot on an incline (my garage). After turning it on it feels much easier. I might turn it off again some time to see what the difference is like with a bit more experience with the vehicle.

Thanks gizmonty, I suspected that the standard system might be OK and that's why all demo cars have the upgraded system:smile:
If I need to I'll just add a sub to the standard system, I presume that it doesn't come with one

That's right, no sub. More than enough bass for my ears though - without significant distortion either. The sound system is proving to be one of my favourite parts of the car.

Off, always. Since I always drive manuals I prefer that, but can understand how it could be useful when parking.

Installing 6.1 now so I'll let you know. :)

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone hasn't tried Lossless playback with the upgraded sound studio yet - please do yourself a favour (thanks Molly), buy a USB stick, and put some FLAC files on there.

I've got Chet Faker's new album as lossless, and it is absolutely glorious! I can't believe how good it sounds.

Hmm, I've been thinking about ripping some sacd content into flac or AAC-lossless. Maybe this weekend.