Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla iOS App not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WiFi OFF
VPN OFF

App Launched.

No Worky. :(.

If this was any other car maker, I'd have called a dealer and had a human on the phone who could help me. I guess I'll sit here with my stress level through the roof, waiting for the once a day passive aggressive text from someone who knows nothing telling me it will be $120 to fix what they broke.

The suggestion to pull up the widget via force touch before opening the app seems to fix the connection issues in the testing I just did. I'll keep trying that for now if there are times on LTE that it won't connect. I sure hope Tesla & AT&T fix this soon. At least pulling up the widget via force touch is a lot easier than having to connect to VPN before opening the Tesla app.

The suggestion to pull up the widget via force touch before opening the app seems to fix the connection issues in the testing I just did. I'll keep trying that for now if there are times on LTE that it won't connect. I sure hope Tesla & AT&T fix this soon. At least pulling up the widget via force touch is a lot easier than having to connect to VPN before opening the Tesla app.
That works for me but only to an extent - the controls and other things time out straight away. And roadside assist and service don’t show

The 12 hasn't been announced or released yet. Probably the iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Having the same problems. Also using AT&T.

Don’t think I have the issue when my phone is on WiFi (the car is on cellular always as I’m in an apartment.)

I’m able to use TeslaFi from the phone when the App is failing on connection.
I believe the issue is with Tesla’s API with apple IOS devices not ATT. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 and an iPhone XS Max both phones have ATT lines. The Galaxy S20 works flawlessly and the iPhone XS Max just spins until I receive a network timeout. Please test for yourself spread the word to Tesla so they can resolve this issue.

Good to hear. Still not working on my side
I believe the issue is with Tesla’s API with apple IOS devices not ATT. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 and an iPhone XS Max both phones have ATT lines. The Galaxy S20 works flawlessly and the iPhone XS Max just spins until I receive a network timeout. Please test for yourself spread the word to Tesla so they can resolve this issue.

Appointment scheduled. Anxiety and stress level up. F’n hate tesla service.

I’m in AZ and also having issues connecting with the app on ATT cellular. However I can activate the a/c with the widget.

Reactions: chdavis
Just adding my data point to this (Model S).

I have an AT&T SIM and T-Mobile eSIM both activated on an iPhone 11 Pro.

Tesla app works perfectly when I’m using the TMo connection and has the same problems as everyone else when I switch to the AT&T connection.

I have the same issue with an iPhone 11 Pro (latest Apple iOS updates) and cellular patches, on AT&T 5Ge and LTE in NoCA. The Tesla app will not update/connect. But also I use the Tesla Remote app (iPhone and Apple Watch) and this too seems to hang. I can force quit and relaunch the app, I can log out of the app and log back in, I can switch the phone to Airplane Mode and back off--no joy. But if I reboot the phone (?? getting a new lease from AT&T), then all is good for a while. So maybe something odd with Tesla's servers and 'handshake' with AT&T and the phone.

Yeah... but... 1. this isn't my problem to test/fix.
2. Tesla obviously doesn't care. It's been reported.

I posted this on the Main Board discussion about the same issue. IF Fred looks at this thread maybe he can add that Tesla at least "acknowledges" there is a problem. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EA903284-ABFF-4503-9D41-460B8FC7051E.jpeg

Count us in on this issue. My wife's MX key stops working today (I think this is key number 4 or 5 by now, but that's a whole different issue). She is 30 minutes away from home and my key, can't unlock her car, and can't get app to connect. Just says "network connecting" endlessly. Calls me. I'm at work on Wifi, log in to Tesla App and can unlock car for her, and get it turned on. She drives to Battery Plus to replace the key fob battery, but that does absolutely nothing. Calls me again. Unlock it. Start it up. I suggest we exchange vehicles, she can have a "reliable" F150 for the rest of her errands, and I'll take the MX with a working app. Get in the vehicle, drive off to pick up dinner, get out of vehicle, locks behind me of course. Grab the food, go outside and open the App that's worked for me (until now!!!) and I get the "network connecting" endless cycle and no way to get into the car. Luckily, she was at a place with free wifi and could now log into her app and open the car for me. Both of us have iPhones and AT&T. Was not even aware of this problem until today. So I'm thinking - THIS IS MODERN TECHNOLOGY!??! Like a car that runs on a 100kwh battery, but if the little 12v hidden, sealed lead volt battery dies, the car is useless and requires a tow sled to get it out of the garage. For the most part -I love the car, love Tesla, but these issues are quickly wearing down my enthusiasm.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
My app seems to be working normally again - is this also the case for you guys?
No, in fact it seems to be getting less predictable. Now there are times on wifi where it won't connect. But on wifi it seems that force closing the app & opening it again makes it work again. When on cellular data the force touch on the home screen for the app until the popup widget refreshes seems to usually work to get the app to work upon opening still.

No, in fact it seems to be getting less predictable. Now there are times on wifi where it won't connect. But on wifi it seems that force closing the app & opening it again makes it work again. When on cellular data the force touch on the home screen for the app until the popup widget refreshes seems to usually work to get the app to work upon opening still.
Mine was working for a day or two on cellular without a VPN, but now it is not working again

I chatted with tech support at AT&T and gave the agent all the info including links to these threads and asked to escalate the issue, and made it clear that I, and other tesla owners with the same situation would be forced to change carriers if this problem is not fixed soon. Maybe other people here can do the same. Thx.