Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Lemon Model S owner Rebuttal to Tesla's Blog Post

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dealers actually watch out for guys like this and literally won't sell them a car.

I sure hope so, I wouldn't. But I am sure he will find someone willing to take a chance on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we know that? Judging by this entire debacle, he may not be very good at making decisions, which are a huge part of medicine.

I would never use a physician who publicly demonstrated such poor decision making skills.

Yes but therein lies my question. The guy's a doctor. Would he really spend this much time and energy to get whatever percentage he got of that break even settlement?

Dr. Nick.
dr.nick_.jpg

Dealers don't care about this at all. It has nothing to do with dealers.

Actually I read a story where there's a blacklist of buyers that dealers pass around between each other to make them aware of people that use the lemon law. These people drive the car around for a year or so then claim lemon law and get their money back essentially netting them a free car for a year. Dealers won't sell a car to people on this list for this exact reason since they are lemon law abusers.

So, the manufacturer pays the sale price set by the dealer, thus losing thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars for something that may very well not be their fault? If that's the case, Tesla has yet another advantage over other manufacturers, though not an advantage over the dealers.

Yes, that is the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I read a story where there's a blacklist of buyers that dealers pass around between each other to make them aware of people that use the lemon law. These people drive the car around for a year or so then claim lemon law and get their money back essentially netting them a free car for a year. Dealers won't sell a car to people on this list for this exact reason since they are lemon law abusers.

I don't know why they would do this, unless the manufacturer somehow bills back the profit to the dealer. I suppose this is possible. Once I make my decision on the case, I know that the manufacturer has very few days to get the money to the consumer. The dealer is never involved, except sometimes as a witness (usually on behalf of the consumer).

So, what about the $7500 tax credit? Was the "refund" from Tesla reduced by that amount?

TM doesn't care about the credit. That's solely between the owner and the IRS. If he already claimed the credit on his tax return, he'd be responsible for amending his prior year return to reverse the credit claim. However, it's probable that he's not going to do that and keep the $7,500 and run the risk of it getting reversed IF he gets audited.