Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Lemon Model S owner Rebuttal to Tesla's Blog Post

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla just settled this for 127k: Tesla settles lemon lawsuit, agrees to pay Franklin man $127,000

So Megna's fees were only $20k or so?

this is the outcome I expected. if his car was in the shop for a repair of anything for more than 30 days, most states qualify this as a "lemon" regardless of what was actually wrong. you can't change the law. I took advantage of that same law 2 years ago with my previous vehicle (not a Tesla). except that the problem in my case was the car randomly disabled the accelerator creating a huge safety problem. in this guy's case, it was for minor issues but the law doesn't differentiate the repair type. this guy got his money back per lemon law. that is it. (yes you must return the vehicle, you don't get a "free car"). he didn't get a dollar more which is great. honestly, the guy is just a big cry baby. I bet there's a few of us Tesla owners on here that had to have something repaired that took longer than 30 days but you don't see any of us crying like babies demanding our money back and calling it a lemon. that's just ridiculous. despite some minor issues the Tesla Model S is by far the best car in the world. everybody knows that except this guy apparently.

this is the outcome I expected. if his car was in the shop for a repair of anything for more than 30 days, most states qualify this as a "lemon" regardless of what was actually wrong. you can't change the law. I took advantage of that same law 2 years ago with my previous vehicle (not a Tesla). except that the problem in my case was the car randomly disabled the accelerator creating a huge safety problem. in this guy's case, it was for minor issues but the law doesn't differentiate the repair type. this guy got his money back per lemon law. that is it. (yes you must return the vehicle, you don't get a "free car"). he didn't get a dollar more which is great. honestly, the guy is just a big cry baby. I bet there's a few of us Tesla owners on here that had to have something repaired that took longer than 30 days but you don't see any of us crying like babies demanding our money back and calling it a lemon. that's just ridiculous. despite some minor issues the Tesla Model S is by far the best car in the world. everybody knows that except this guy apparently.

The lawyer made lots of money. I wouldn't be surprised if he got kickbacks.

He could always buy it used and still sue the manufacturer.. right ?

How could Tesla make sure he doesn't buy a Model S, atleast directly from Tesla. Can they get it in writing that he is not allowed to own any Tesla car in the future, and if so he loses the right to sue them ?

Again, I am a Lemon Law arbitrator.

The law *does* differentiate the repair type. An "eligible nonconformity" has to "substantially impair the use, value, OR safety of the vehicle".

- - - Updated - - -

He could always buy it used and still sue the manufacturer.. right ?

How could Tesla make sure he doesn't buy a Model S, atleast directly from Tesla. Can they get it in writing that he is not allowed to own any Tesla car in the future, and if so he loses the right to sue them ?

Interesting question. The Lemon Law DOES cover vehicles purchased from private parties, as long as the chain of ownership is not broken by a "dealer". So, as long as the car was originally purchased new from a dealer, it can keep changing hands as long as it is never sold again from a dealer and only by private parties. If a dealer gets involved, it is no longer eligible to qualify under the state's Lemon Law.

Lawyer to the owner. The chances of someone consecutively needing lemon law against two different car manufacturers with the same lemon law circus attorney is next to nil.

Yes but therein lies my question. The guy's a doctor. Would he really spend this much time and energy to get whatever percentage he got of that break even settlement?

Last edited:
Great, so this criminal was ultimately rewarded for his bad behavior and attempts to fake problems with his car. The only person who wins here is the lawyer.

Indeed, $18,500 for a couple of cheesy youtube videos and some document filing is not a bad deal for that clown...
This kind of settlement will encourage this "lovely" couple to continue their shenanigans. So what brand is next after the Volvo and the Tesla ?

After all this time I still don't understand why a guy who can make an honest living as a physician would do this as a "hobby?" It all just seems like such a colossal waste of time and energy.

I really doubt that this guy is making an honest living. It's obvious that he has absolutely no ethics. What is even worse, is that he is still practicing medicine.