Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
95200 deliveries announced for last quarter. Well done Tesla. Time to build my model 3. Vin assignment please. Our cars could be built this/next week to make early August.
They also got more orders then they produced cars in the quarter, so the queue is getting longer...
The configurator being down, I wonder if they are changing the White to standard colour now?

Yes I should think they would need to be built now (ish). I wonder if they'll do RoRo shipping for m3 to Aus/NZ? I think smaller volume S/X have been containerised.
UK has been using a 2000 capacity RoRo ship. Europe 4000 RoRo.

Containers hold 3 car in each. The 2000 RORo seems plausible imo. Uk first sip were mostly premium first.

Also, Happy 100 pages!

Reactions: Momentum1
Flying distance is close enough, it's mostly open water! Also: the cars would maybe need to be on the boat already in order to make August delivery in Aus.
The cars cannot really be on the boat yet, as Tesla has not registered any more RHD VIN numbers since May, so the ~1300 RHD M3-s that got registered in the first half of May are so far the only ones they have registered. I would expect the next batch to include more RHD, so will keep an eye on those, as the orders from UK might still get preference from the next batch as their orders were open before ours.

Speaking of accessories, I have read screen protectors and centre console wrap are good additions, but any other accessories you are all planning for your m3's?
I read the stock globes in the boot etc are really dim so it is recommended buying after market ones. Does the m3 come with floor mats?
Anything else of intetest?
From what I've seen on YouTube, the SR+ doesn't come with mats but the Performance does. I've ordered the wireless phone chargers, interior LED replacements (original lighting looks far too dim), wheel centre caps and wheel nut caps for when I want to remove the aero covers and centre console organiser.