Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three weeks ago I was promised delivery arrangements would be occurring the next week. Nothing. Then it was the week after. Nothing.

They said they would finalise dates 30 days before. I'm just saying they should provide much more clarity regarding their planning. With BMW you (or the dealer) know exactly where your vehicle is in the production side of things.\

My current AMG Mercedes was ordered new and I was promised 3-4months max for delivery. Once the contract was signed I never heard from them again. I checked after 3-4months and it was nowhere to be seen.I kept checking again and again as the months progressed with increasing dissatisfaction (which I expressed) but there was no car and no communication. Guess when my car arrived? 13.5mths after ordering! I wasn't the only one as my friend who ordered at the same time also waited that long.

What was the icing of the cake is that the Mercedes dealers around town played a dirty little trick. If you walked off the street and wanted to buy the car, they would entice you to order with a promise of delivery within a couple of weeks so long as you paid Retail price with no discount (which many did as the car was popular) ....how did they achieve that with no stock? well they would offer you the cars that were arriving of those that had ordered and were waiting for them and those poor bastards would just keep waiting indefinitely not realising their cars were being flogged off to new buyers with zero wait.

After my experience with Mercedes, Tesla so far is playing a far more ethical game and seem to be keeping to schedule far better too.

Any good source for photos and further description, paulp?
I can take a photo of mine if you want but I doubt it will communicate much more than the website shows. The support is good, holds you firm. Also has the headrest that goes up and down. Somewhat strangely the headrest and lumber are controlled from the screen whilst all the other functions from the side of the seat. They should all be on the screen. The white faux leather is just glorious.
But how good? I had a loaner model s with gen 2 seats. Really really liked the seats so I tried to buy a pair for my model s. It was cost prohibitive but I bought another model s instead.
They dont really look any different to the old ones, but feel different.
They are also 5mm narrower so no more annoying squeak on the armrest.

I’ve got Gen 2 seats in my S (I bought my S when one could buy Gen 1 or 2) and the seats in my wife’s X is better again. I was talking about the Gen 1 to 2 seats in the 3 (yep, that’s a thing).....
Ok very confusing. In that case I’m referring to gen 3 seats in the model s, which is the same as x. I didnt realise you were referring to model 3, and interesting that 3 has already had a seat upgrade before any aust cars are delivered.

Ok very confusing. In that case I’m referring to gen 3 seats in the model s, which is the same as x. I didnt realise you were referring to model 3, and interesting that 3 has already had a seat upgrade before any aust cars are delivered.

From what I understand the 3 got Gen 2 seats (due to many people complaining the Gen 1 seats wore too quickly) many months ago...of course the only example of the 3’s seats we can see in Australia is a much older car that has Gen 1 seats (and the Gen 1 seats in it, the red one in Chadstone) not only looks really bad but also is flimsy on the sides that one can wobble (not a wearing thing, just crappy)....