Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems crazy that a towbar has been approved, they provide the option in other countries to have a factory one fitted, but no dice for us. I had an aftermarket one fitted to my Citroen and I always regretted not getting the factory one because it integrated better with the electrical side of things (disabled the reversing sensors, etc). I would consider waiting for this to become available but who knows when (if ever) that will happen.
Agreed. It would be nice if Tesla could install an OEM one at a later stage. Id pay to have them do it rather than go aftermarket.

Reactions: one4spl
Vedaprime

Thanks for your posts on ship movements - I too enjoy following your posts.

I have a small problem though with the quoted Sydney arrival date for the Cap Capricorn vessel on the 16th of August.

I thought the ship would go to Port Botany, but when I checked the following website,

Daily Vessel Movements | Port Authority New South Wales

No Cap Capricorn is shown to arrive on 16th (nor any time up to 19th) in Port Botany.

Or do I need to head out to Port Botany on the 9th to check what is getting unloaded from the Seoul Express?

Not important, since the cars will arrive with or without me tracking them, but interested in your thoughts?!?

That’s a good website to know port location. It hasn’t been locked in yet for Cap clearly. I wouldn’t read too much into that. It is still on time for Auckland August 12 and on the port arrival schedule, departing there Aug 13 11am.

For Seoul, if we have NZ spotters post pictures in the next couple of days, than that will confirm it has cars. Seoul does have deepest draught of the moment of all ships coming in the next few weeks - which indicates its heavy, but that doesn’t mean it has Model 3s.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st in Line
76340157-AB7A-4891-BFCF-ECC5C93A9976.png
That’s a good website to know port location. It hasn’t been locked in yet for Cap clearly. I wouldn’t read too much into that. It is still on time for Auckland August 12 and on the port arrival schedule, departing there Aug 13 11am.

For Seoul, if we have NZ spotters post pictures in the next couple of days, than that will confirm it has cars. Seoul does have deepest draught of the moment of all ships coming in the next few weeks - which indicates its heavy, but that doesn’t mean it has Model 3s.

Here’s Cap Capricorn’s current location-

Last edited:
Vedaprime

Thanks for your posts on ship movements - I too enjoy following your posts.

I have a small problem though with the quoted Sydney arrival date for the Cap Capricorn vessel on the 16th of August.

I thought the ship would go to Port Botany, but when I checked the following website,

Daily Vessel Movements | Port Authority New South Wales

No Cap Capricorn is shown to arrive on 16th (nor any time up to 19th) in Port Botany.

Or do I need to head out to Port Botany on the 9th to check what is getting unloaded from the Seoul Express?

Not important, since the cars will arrive with or without me tracking them, but interested in your thoughts?!?
The ANL website shows their shipping schedule into Australia and NZ

• Helpful
Reactions: 1st in Line
This morning the Tesla app has changed its tune again- now there’s nothing attached to the account..
View attachment 438063
Yes, I was just logging on to ask this question and I see others are in the same boat....*pardon the pun*....personally I wish everyone is on the same boat when it comes to delivery times.

This happened to me a while ago though when I asked if they could remove an un-ordered Model 3 from my account (I placed a configuration and forgot I wasn't logged into my Tesla Account and therefore I didn't use my reservation).

They took a while to get through to removing it but in the process somehow removed my access to the app.

I'm hoping that today the removal of access to the app is attributed to something else preparing for our vehicles to be added perhaps.

How did you get a more up to date location? Every website I've used (Vessel Finder, My Ship Tracking, and Marine Traffic) all show the location as 10 days ago, having recently left the West Coast of California, USA.
Publicly-available tracking via AIS only works close to land. Out to sea, either you have to pay for satellite tracking, or some sites will fill in a projected position based on the route.