Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 owner locks carjacking suspect inside with app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is not any way to prevent someone inside the car from getting out. Even if the car is locked the open door button will open the doors. The car alarm will go off, but the doors will open. And even if there was a setting to disable the door button when the car was locked, the manual release would still work.

There is also not anyway to force the car to stop. You can use the app to limit top speed. That is about the only thing I can think of that you could do to limit a carjackers escape.

I suspect what really happened was the carjacker didn't take the owner's phone when he stole the car. So once he stopped the car he couldn't start it again. And then the carjacker (like 90% of my passengers) couldn't find the open door button.

There is not any way to prevent someone inside the car from getting out. Even if the car is locked the open door button will open the doors. The car alarm will go off, but the doors will open. And even if there was a setting to disable the door button when the car was locked, the manual release would still work.
If the carjacker was anything like the 90% of the people who get in my car for the first time, he had no idea how to open the door regardless of it being locked or not. :)