Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Performance value at CarMax - appraisal lower than expected!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now you use compound false arguments to justify your failed ones. Do you realize how foolish you sound? The only thing you are spot on about is being a bit of a not so great person.

So, he wasn’t foolish to buy a car he can’t afford, and he’s not a deadbeat for posting a car on eBay that he only intends to follow through on selling if he gets a bid for more than it’s worth? Are you and the OP friends, or something?

Reactions: dfwatt
Well, you can’t beat science either. In this situation, weight (really, it’s actually mass that you’re referring to) is only one physics attribute that is relevant. Velocity, place of impact (as the earlier responder mentioned), and even where you’re sitting in each car are all other inputs to the equation. Count me as someone who would rather be in a Model 3 over a 1990 Hummer. The safety design enhancements in the almost twenty years would be more than enough, The fact that the 1990 Hummer was 5-10 years behind even for its time just makes the decision all that much easier.

To each is own. I should have said a tractor trailer with no safety features instead of a Hummer. Maybe then people would understand that mass of the vehicle is extremely important to occupant safety. I’d still rather be in the Hummer, or any large SUV, during alomost any crash with a Model-3 (head-on for sure).

So I got even more screwed thanks to Elon Musk in announcing the new lower price for the model 3 version car since he made the announcement yesterday 2 p.m. now.... I got screwed in selling my model 3 performance at the price that was at the bid, so here's the message from the buyer that was interested in buying the car
Yeah, I was thinking that might happen when I saw the closing price. You might try to meet in the middle, the new new price will be fixed for a while and you will have the same problem when you relist it.

You can’t beat physics. In a crash, assuming you’re wearing your seatbelt and stay within the vehicle, you want to be in the heavier vehicle.

This isn't "beating physics" - whatever that's supposed to mean. It's about the application of physical principles to protect a passenger cage, which surely involves a lot more than just which vehicle is heavier - and by that standard, passive safety means just building tanks, which no one sees as a viable design parameter. There is no contesting that the Model 3 protects the passenger cage significantly better than any other car, as shown by the NHTSA data. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with it. First of all, there is no 500-800 lb engine and transmission taking up front space and constituting a major hazard to passengers, instead, it's almost all crush space. Same in the back. If you would choose to be in a 10% heavier car in a crash, just due to its weight, over the Model 3, you should get one.

So I got even more screwed thanks to Elon Musk in announcing the new lower price for the model 3 version car since he made the announcement yesterday 2 p.m. now.... I got screwed in selling my model 3 performance at the price that was at the bid, so here's the message from the buyer that was interested in buying the car

Well he is a little wrong, $58k doesn't include EAP, or any AP on a new performance Model 3. So to get the same features that you have with EAP would cost $66k on a new Model 3.

Well he is a little wrong, $58k doesn't include EAP, or any AP on a new performance Model 3. So to get the same features that you have with EAP would cost $66k on a new Model 3.

Well $66K will also get you FSD which was not available with EAP at that price.

EAP is now a legacy AP+ that is no longer being offered. We get some of the FSD features but not all of them.

So, you were gonna screw him as soon as the auction closed, but he beat you to it. I call that poetic justice.

• Funny
Reactions: dfwatt and MP3Mike
So, he wasn’t foolish to buy a car he can’t afford, and he’s not a deadbeat for posting a car on eBay that he only intends to follow through on selling if he gets a bid for more than it’s worth? Are you and the OP friends, or something?

Where did he say he could not afford the car? Please confirm where he did not follow though on the action. No I'm not friends with him, read my other posts and you would see how ignorant that statement sounds,

This isn't "beating physics" - whatever that's supposed to mean. It's about the application of physical principles to protect a passenger cage, which surely involves a lot more than just which vehicle is heavier - and by that standard, passive safety means just building tanks, which no one sees as a viable design parameter. There is no contesting that the Model 3 protects the passenger cage significantly better than any other car, as shown by the NHTSA data. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with it. First of all, there is no 500-800 lb engine and transmission taking up front space and constituting a major hazard to passengers, instead, it's almost all crush space. Same in the back. If you would choose to be in a 10% heavier car in a crash, just due to its weight, over the Model 3, you should get one.

I consider the safety difference between most resonably sized modern cars to be insignificant, so it’s a not a big factor for me. If safety was a primary concern for me, I’d drive a large SUV.

This all started because another poster said he could only drive a Tesla because nothing else is safe enough. I commented that any large SUV would be safer. NHTSA data/ratings are based on vehicle size. Tesla’s cars are excellent within their class, but you can’t compare ratings between classes.

Here’s a nice NHTSA page for you: https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/mssworkshop_nusholtz.pdf