Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Tint Feedback?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan on tinting my Model 3, but I’m unsure of what I want to do.

I got the Tesla Shade for the roof, so I won’t be tinting the roof.

I’ve been looking at the Xpel Prime XR Plus ceramic.

I’m definitely doing the 4 side windows and rear window...but I’m unsure of how dark I want to go. I was thinking either 20 or 30...if anyone could post pictures of theirs that would be awesome!

Also, part of me wants to do the windshield, but I don’t want to mess anything up. I assume they remove the A Pillars and maybe the front camera covers to lay the tint? But I’m nervous about liquid damage.

Im not sure if it messes with autopilot...or if I should just do the top part of the windshield...I’m truly torn.

Any insight or feedback or pics of your tint jobs would be awesome! Thanks

My recommended tint after a ton of research is FormulaOne Pinnacle or Stratos (slightly higher IR rejection) tint. For the front windshield they would go around the camera and not in front of the camera. They would not have to remove anything. It would be cut to fit.

E56975CC-E693-4CAF-8C84-068368169BB9.jpeg
30% all the way except roof and front.

Reactions: tracksyde
I plan on tinting my Model 3, but I’m unsure of what I want to do.

I got the Tesla Shade for the roof, so I won’t be tinting the roof.

I’ve been looking at the Xpel Prime XR Plus ceramic.

I’m definitely doing the 4 side windows and rear window...but I’m unsure of how dark I want to go. I was thinking either 20 or 30...if anyone could post pictures of theirs that would be awesome!

Also, part of me wants to do the windshield, but I don’t want to mess anything up. I assume they remove the A Pillars and maybe the front camera covers to lay the tint? But I’m nervous about liquid damage.

Im not sure if it messes with autopilot...or if I should just do the top part of the windshield...I’m truly torn.

Any insight or feedback or pics of your tint jobs would be awesome! Thanks

Thank you for going with XPEL PRIME XR PLUS, it's an incredible film that can block up to 98% of infrared heat (the heat you can feel) rejection and blocks 99.9% of UVA and UVB cancer causing rays with a lifetime transferable warranty.

Typically on a passenger car, people will do 20% all the way around, or depending on the tint laws in your state, they'll do 35% front two doors, then 20% on everything else. Doing the windshield and sunroof is extremely common. **Please check tint laws in your state**

I did 20% for all four windows and back glass, left roof without and factory tint is fine there imo. I also did something like 65% or 70% on the windshield.

All of my previous cars have had 30-35% tint but my detailer, who tints many Teslas, recommended a bit darker since I have the white and black interior. That was good advice.

Make sure the shop you pick does the rear window in one piece. I did the roof too and am extremely glad I did otherwise I would have been unsatisfied and had to take the car back in to have it done. The tinted roof is awesome.