Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 vs Model S comparison slides

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"oh hey, my Bolt.....my Bolt.....my Bolt......"

There are generic EV forums. I believe there's even one hosted on this site. But this is a Model 3 board.

I get it....no one else will talk to you about the Bolt. Has anyone refused to be seen in it yet? Or are they politely just making up excuses about how much they love walking...?

:rolleyes:

Not making exclusive Tesla posts makes me a propagandist? Good thing you aren't a mod. :rolleyes:

How bout you stop being a B and if you don't like what I post, block me instead of whining like a little baby.

But I totally understand if you are a bit jealous. Don't worry, you'll get your 3 someday. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: ModelNforNerd
Not making exclusive Tesla posts makes me a propagandist? Good thing you aren't a mod. :rolleyes:

How bout you stop being a B and if you don't like what I post, block me instead of whining like a little baby.

But I totally understand if you are a bit jealous. Don't worry, you'll get your 3 someday. ;)

I have a 310HP Audi that only weighs 3200lb.

I'm having plenty of fun until my next car shows up.

Also, FYI, "jealous" should never be uttered by someone driving a Chevy.

• Funny
Reactions: dsvick
You do when lots of folks believe the 3 is the replacement for the S...
No you don't..... that's misleading.

All you have to say is that the Model 3 is not the Model s. Which Tesla is saying all over their website.

What would be so bad about comparing the best Model S with the best Model 3.

If there is anyone out there still thinking that the Model 3 is the replacement for the Model S....then they deserve whatever challenges they receive.

No you don't..... that's misleading.

All you have to say is that the Model 3 is not the Model s. Which Tesla is saying all over their website.

What would be so bad about comparing the best Model S with the best Model 3.

If there is anyone out there still thinking that the Model 3 is the replacement for the Model S....then they deserve whatever challenges they receive.

If anything, they should have compared the Base Model S with the Base Model 3.

But again, they're in an awkward grey area between not laying their cards out on the table just yet, AND anti-selling.

They created this mess themselves, and the only way to fix it now is to tell us all what the Model 3 will ACTUALLY have for available specs/configs/options and pricing.

Reactions: Stirfelt

But again, they're in an awkward grey area between not laying their cards out on the table just yet, AND anti-selling.

They created this mess themselves, and the only way to fix it now is to tell us all what the Model 3 will ACTUALLY have for available specs/configs/options and pricing.
I don't mind Tesla either correcting any misleading statements nor comparing the two car models, however......lets compare apples with apples as you stated.

Reactions: jsrawa

Well they have about a month or two to go before reaching that point.

My point is not for a 3 series vs 5/7 series though, unlike what is happening with the Model 3 vs S.

People do cross-shop new models (and loaded lower vs. less-loaded higher) out of class all the time, so I don't agree it is that simple. I have a lot of experience especially in the Audi communities. They launch new classes of cars so often that they necessarily bleed buyers from other classes... Audi A7 buyers definitely came from both A6 and A8, even A5... And even outside that, a new A4 will get some buyers from an older A6, definitely, some people want new cars often and won't buy the same model version twice...

However, I do agree it gets unusually exaggerated in the case of Model S because it has been gathering so much buyers out of class due to being the only large-battery BEV basically (with Model X). Also, its effects on Tesla are exaggerated because of the smallness of their line-up.

But there is tons Tesla could do - demand-lever-wise - if they just stopped the reverse discounting and anti-selling and did some honest to goodness price campaigning and advertising... I mean, Q3 got results when they discounted... wonder how much they could achieve by lumping a few features together for a pack and putting a discount on the whole thing and a YouTube ad...

Selling the positives of a product is much nicer than selling on the negatives of its sibling...

People do cross-shop new models (and loaded lower vs. less-loaded higher) out of class all the time, so I don't agree it is that simple. I have a lot of experience especially in the Audi communities. They launch new classes of cars so often that they necessarily bleed buyers from other classes... Audi A7 buyers definitely came from both A6 and A8, even A5... And even outside that, a new A4 will get some buyers from an older A6, definitely, some people want new cars often and won't buy the same model version twice...

However, I do agree it gets unusually exaggerated in the case of Model S because it has been gathering so much buyers out of class due to being the only large-battery BEV basically (with Model X). Also, its effects on Tesla are exaggerated because of the smallness of their line-up.

But there is tons Tesla could do - demand-lever-wise - if they just stopped the reverse discounting and anti-selling and did some honest to goodness price campaigning and advertising... I mean, Q3 got results when they discounted... wonder how much they could achieve by lumping a few features together for a pack and putting a discount on the whole thing and a YouTube ad...

Selling the positives of a product is much nicer than selling on the negatives of its sibling...
No, I'm not talking about simple cross shopping, I'm talking about how people pretty much know what to expect between the different BMW models, given they have been out for decades. Not the case for Model 3.