Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gave up. My car died on interstate months ago, got it home. . I called for help, wrote emails. Zero response. I couldn't drive there , car dead, couldn't send car too a non response shop. I was out 2k. Oh well , suck it up and move on. Not good business model. To say "we are swamped"" is not the reply or answer. Blah, blah, enough said.
Did you pay someone else to fix it or did you just sell the car ?

I'm surprised there's no bad reviews on google with such a bad customer service... (unless they getting removed)
although lack of reviews are a concern in itself...

1695519100841.png

in our day n age, ppl seem to be leaving bad reviews left n right...

• Disagree
Reactions: wk057 and ccalahan
Lots of work and lots of changes. My time has been extremely limited.

There's actually nothing unhandled in the ESP work queue at the moment, and I don't see any unanswered ESP requests when skimming through tickets. As of right now, no one who requires service under the ESP is unhandled as far as I can tell.

Support staff is stretched extremely thin at the moment, but priority stuff is priority. If you're not an existing customer with a failure that needs to be addressed, you will likely be skipped over while we work through changes. Inbound phone support is also offline for now, as there's just too many non-phone requests to go through to have support time for inbound phone contacts. Have an issue, use the contact page please.

If anyone is legitimately somehow not getting an answer on something critical, use the contact page. Don't email. Don't call. Login to your account, and use the contact page. If you have an existing plan, that message is prioritized in our inquiry queue as a result vs having to wait for someone to get to it in the flood of inquiries and spam. They're all looked through, and again, nothing critical is currently unhandled, so... 🤷‍♂️

The only thing of note is that there's just so many customers who have have had drive unit or other unrelated failures where Tesla (or another third party) has erroneously told them they've had a pack failure... which is incredibly annoying. In fact, probably close to half of the time someone thinks their pack has failed and it's had nothing whatsoever to do with the battery pack, and is provable with the BMD and/or vehicle logs. I even try to provide a diagnosis of the actual issue as a courtesy, when possible.

One of those folks in particular has been arguing with us about it for months and has been trying to cause bigger headaches. There's a BMS alert, so must be a battery problem. (BMS external isolation alert in this case.)

Another was calling multiple times per day until we just had to block their calls for sanity's sake. They now instead send multiple emails per day demanding we pickup their car and replace their battery... just wasting our time. :rolleyes: That person has a BMD installed and all, and it's 100% clear there's nothing wrong with their battery. This has been explained in detail many times, including a full courtesy diagnosis of what is actually wrong and what's needed to remedy it. But nope. Just keeps wasting everyone's time.

A drive unit failure is not a battery failure, but seems some people don't get that. If you get an external isolation alert, or a DI hardware encoder alert, or similar not-a-battery-failure alert... this isn't a failure of the battery or anything we're even remotely obligated to remedy under the ESP.

While well received by most, our ESP seems to have also brought some of the slimiest people out of the woodwork. While some issues have been excusable ignorance, the amount of completely shameless attempts to scam us is downright unbelievable at this point. Bluntly, the product has been a net loss for the company as a direct result of such folks, sadly, and has been the source of some of the biggest headaches recently. Consequently, its been the topic of much internal review and consideration as far as if it should continue to be offered to new customers at all. Addressing what I consider major exploits of our goodwill are things that need to be addressed, so new signups are not being accepted by the system currently. If signups are re-enabled, it will probably be under a radically different program that addresses all of the issues we've encountered in a sane way.

For the record, as far as I'm aware no one here has ever asked a single customer to post a review, ever gotten any review removed, etc. Asking for reviews has always seemed shady to me. If a customer has a good/bad experience and wants to post a review of their own accord, they're free to do so. Have always done everything possible to do right by our customers, which is why you don't see any bad reviews anywhere.

Thanks, Jason. So to confirm, if existing ESP folks like me end up having an issue, our reach-out via login/contact-us is the bat-phone I joked about earlier? Good to know.

So I’m not going to conjecture here as to whether @Lasttoy ’s issue is what you’re referring to or not, but all they’ve said is that they haven’t heard back from you vs not hearing what they want to hear (that it’s a batt issue).

Reactions: cbdream99
So I’m not going to conjecture here as to whether @Lasttoy ’s issue is what you’re referring to or not, but all they’ve said is that they haven’t heard back from you vs not hearing what they want to hear (that it’s a batt issue).

It sounds like they might be one of the people wk057 mentioned:

I called 100 times this month. Sent emails, no reply. They have my 2k. I finally had to pack somewhere else.

But it sounds like they got the failed pack replaced by recall more than a month ago:
Got a refurbished pack from Re-cell. Will return in a few days
Which would make it seem like they aren't the person that was mentioned.

So my 057 warranty starts next month after my Tesla warranty ends. Since I assume a remote monitoring device for the warranty I bought back in April is not happening as planned, I would have to first tow the car to NC and pray that you "don't find anything in the battery log" to suggest the warranty won't cover my loss? Whereas if you had the monitoring devices at least you could turn me down first, without a PA-NC-PA round trip towing charge.

Thanks for updating everyone at least we know you are still in business.

So my 057 warranty starts next month after my Tesla warranty ends. Since I assume a remote monitoring device for the warranty I bought back in April is not happening as planned, I would have to first tow the car to NC and pray that you "don't find anything in the battery log" to suggest the warranty won't cover my loss? Whereas if you had the monitoring devices at least you could turn me down first, without a PA-NC-PA round trip towing charge.

Thanks for updating everyone at least we know you are still in business.

Probably not. in our case we brought the unit to the local service center and paid a couple hundred bucks for them to check everything out. But, just looking at the errors they said it was likely the drive unit. They confirmed it when they pulled something from the drive unit and found corrosion.

We went ahead with the $6,000 repair, partly understanding that, "at least our battery is warranted". Sure glad to hear Jason chime in again!

Thank you for the update, and I'm sorry the ESP has been such a headache for y'all... was really hoping it could be an option for us, and I hope it does come back. :) Looking forward to hearing from y'all when you're able to for a Model S P85 battery upgrade, but I totally understand it not being a priority. :)

@wk057 glad/relieved to see the update!

I've been avoiding using this thread to contact you as I was hoping to get a reply within the ticketing system. I'm an ESP holder and earlier this month (9/4) got a "bms_w035 Vehicle may not restart" message that Tesla diagnosed a few days later as needing an HV battery replacement—I immediately sent in a ticket to 057 on 9/6 but haven't received a response yet. I'm trying my best to be patient and I really do apologize for sending this message out publicly, I'm really just looking for a reply so I can rest my mind a bit that I'm in the queue.

@wk057 glad/relieved to see the update!

I've been avoiding using this thread to contact you as I was hoping to get a reply within the ticketing system. I'm an ESP holder and earlier this month (9/4) got a "bms_w035 Vehicle may not restart" message that Tesla diagnosed a few days later as needing an HV battery replacement—I immediately sent in a ticket to 057 on 9/6 but haven't received a response yet. I'm trying my best to be patient and I really do apologize for sending this message out publicly, I'm really just looking for a reply so I can rest my mind a bit that I'm in the queue.
Did you send it after logging in? Just wanna see Jason’s instructions play out. Sorry you’re having to be the guinea pig with a bum pack.

Reactions: hydro
Did you send it after logging in? Just wanna see Jason’s instructions play out. Sorry you’re having to be the guinea pig with a bum pack.
Looking back, I don't even think I used the contact form on the website. I had an email notification from a previous ticket I submitted, so I just used the link in the email to access the system. I got an automated reply immediately after I submitted the ticket, so I thought that was good enough. I made two follow ups on the same ticket as well, both times receiving an automated email response that it was received.

I even sent a private message here on TMC last week with no response. After seeing his latest note, I went back and submitted a new ticket using the process he outlined (log in, then use contact form). I'm a super patient person, so I felt bad submitting an entirely new ticket but the giant paperweight in the driveway is so depressing.

There's actually nothing unhandled in the ESP work queue at the moment, and I don't see any unanswered ESP requests when skimming through tickets. As of right now, no one who requires service under the ESP is unhandled as far as I can tell.

Support staff is stretched extremely thin at the moment, but priority stuff is priority. If you're not an existing customer with a failure that needs to be addressed, you will likely be skipped over while we work through changes. Inbound phone support is also offline for now, as there's just too many non-phone requests to go through to have support time for inbound phone contacts. Have an issue, use the contact page please.

If anyone is legitimately somehow not getting an answer on something critical, use the contact page. Don't email. Don't call. Login to your account, and use the contact page. If you have an existing plan, that message is prioritized in our inquiry queue as a result vs having to wait for someone to get to it in the flood of inquiries and spam. They're all looked through, and again, nothing critical is currently unhandled, so... 🤷‍♂️

The only thing of note is that there's just so many customers who have have had drive unit or other unrelated failures where Tesla (or another third party) has erroneously told them they've had a pack failure... which is incredibly annoying. In fact, probably close to half of the time someone thinks their pack has failed and it's had nothing whatsoever to do with the battery pack, and is provable with the BMD and/or vehicle logs. I even try to provide a diagnosis of the actual issue as a courtesy, when possible.

One of those folks in particular has been arguing with us about it for months and has been trying to cause bigger headaches. There's a BMS alert, so must be a battery problem. (BMS external isolation alert in this case.)

Another was calling multiple times per day until we just had to block their calls for sanity's sake. They now instead send multiple emails per day demanding we pickup their car and replace their battery... just wasting our time. :rolleyes: That person has a BMD installed and all, and it's 100% clear there's nothing wrong with their battery. This has been explained in detail many times, including a full courtesy diagnosis of what is actually wrong and what's needed to remedy it. But nope. Just keeps wasting everyone's time.

A drive unit failure is not a battery failure, but seems some people don't get that. If you get an external isolation alert, or a DI hardware encoder alert, or similar not-a-battery-failure alert... this isn't a failure of the battery or anything we're even remotely obligated to remedy under the ESP.

While well received by most, our ESP seems to have also brought some of the slimiest people out of the woodwork. While some issues have been excusable ignorance, the amount of completely shameless attempts to scam us is downright unbelievable at this point. Bluntly, the product has been a net loss for the company as a direct result of such folks, sadly, and has been the source of some of the biggest headaches recently. Consequently, its been the topic of much internal review and consideration as far as if it should continue to be offered to new customers at all. Addressing what I consider major exploits of our goodwill are things that need to be addressed, so new signups are not being accepted by the system currently. If signups are re-enabled, it will probably be under a radically different program that addresses all of the issues we've encountered in a sane way.

For the record, as far as I'm aware no one here has ever asked a single customer to post a review, ever gotten any review removed, etc. Asking for reviews has always seemed shady to me. If a customer has a good/bad experience and wants to post a review of their own accord, they're free to do so. Have always done everything possible to do right by our customers, which is why you don't see any bad reviews anywhere.
I’ve replied to the email and submitted multiple tickets online and got no response since last Dec of 2022 in regards to my BMD arrival. This is still unacceptable in my opinion. I appreciate the recent post as I was getting nervous something happened. So what shall I do? Continue to standby? Thank you.

IMG_1253.png

I still show two Open Tickets

Attachments

• IMG_1254.png
    IMG_1254.png
    409.8 KB · Views: 39
Can somebody confirm if the warranty period starts when we get the BMS Module?

I've been told that the idle time between the purchase of warranty to the BMS module is an act of kindness from 057, and the warranty period actually doenst begin until the Module is installed.

Reactions: aerodyne
Can somebody confirm if the warranty period starts when we get the BMS Module?

I've been told that the idle time between the purchase of warranty to the BMS module is an act of kindness from 057, and the warranty period actually doenst begin until the Module is installed.

When I was there they said that that was not the case. It was an aspiration, but obviously was untenable. They did not expect that long, long delay in getting the modules. It only seems reasonable that we should get the warranty that we actually bought when we paid for it.

On another note, if you end up reading this Jason, if it's a matter of keeping your business alive so that we'll have some kind of warranty, I would rather pay a $500 deductible, should I actually need the service, and make sure it's available, then you going out of business and then getting nothing at all. Something to consider. You'd have to approach every customer to see if they'd be willing. But, don't die! We want you in business.

When I was there they said that that was not the case. It was an aspiration, but obviously was untenable. They did not expect that long, long delay in getting the modules. It only seems reasonable that we should get the warranty that we actually bought when we paid for it.

On another note, if you end up reading this Jason, if it's a matter of keeping your business alive so that we'll have some kind of warranty, I would rather pay a $500 deductible, should I actually need the service, and make sure it's available, then you going out of business and then getting nothing at all. Something to consider. You'd have to approach every customer to see if they'd be willing. But, don't die! We want you in business.
Echoing this as well!

I purchased ESP in October '22 and never received BMS. I still have faith that this will all get sorted out for me soon 🙏 .

Reactions: Anthony R.