Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, final take away - You'll have the warranty that you purchased from them, no more. And, honestly, that did seem reasonable to me. The extended idea is probably completely unsustainable.
Huh? You seem to be contradicting yourself...

They've dropped back to saying they're just fulfilling the warranty whether or not you have the device.
Yep, as long as the car logs don't show anything bad happening before you purchased the warranty, they honor it whether or not you have received the BMD yet.

Reactions: ccalahan
I'd say more like yellow flag, which means to do more research/diligence. BBB is not exactly the harbinger of legitimate business. A red flag would be accusations of fraud, heavy liens, and a high customer dissatisfaction ratio.
I’ve never had issues with a business that has a good rating on BBB. Also there is a process where they are allowed to go through a mediator to get complaints resolved.
You guys REALLY need to chime in.
They have lol, but it wasn’t an explanation

which is really strange...
if u found the time to log in n say that we'll have an update soon, why not just say what it is... i don't get it...

Perhaps you've never owned your own business? The stress can get pretty high, especially as a vast number of tasks crowd in on you. I know that when I owned my businesses there were times when all I could do was focus on the tasks that absolutely had to be done now. Things got dropped. Eventually though, everything critical was completed.

I'm currently sitting on an S that has battery code errors waiting for a response. I'm going to give them a couple weeks before I get too concerned.

Perhaps you've never owned your own business?
Opposite, my family owns a semi-repair shop which i'm involved in and do all the IT stuff. 20+ yrs btw...
Customer satisfaction is #1 priority for good businesses, if they care obviously...
It takes 1min to send out group email or group text or auto reply if things went south...
We never left customer hanging for more than a few days...
From tech perspective, there's backup for a backup, plus cloud backup.. (in case server raid failure wk had is an issue here)

Something doesn't smell right here...
This behavior seems to be due to lack of competition in this field...but this won't last too long...

The business model of WK057 had to wait for what's happening right now, 8 years after the production ramp of Model S to north of a 25-50k per quarter. IOW, when a service trickle becomes a waterfall (all the 14's and 15's). I'm guessing he's really busy and wouldn't take a week's absence from TMC to suggest something dire.

I had my own issue with Ingineer (Phil), when he dropped out of sight and stopped doing EMMC chips. Weeks later, an email to his Paypal contact straightened out a refund. Patience helps.

Reactions: Krash and henderrj
I'm currently sitting on an S that has battery code errors waiting for a response. I'm going to give them a couple weeks before I get too concerned.

I decided to pay Tesla a few hundred bucks to check the thing out. Turns out that my drive unit has water ingress. So, good news for 057 tech! Not so much for me. The error comes and goes, so we're going to drive it as is for the moment. If the motor dies completely, it won't cost me any more to swap it out.

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx
I decided to pay Tesla a few hundred bucks to check the thing out. Turns out that my drive unit has water ingress. So, good news for 057 tech! Not so much for me. The error comes and goes, so we're going to drive it as is for the moment. If the motor dies completely, it won't cost me any more to swap it out.

To add some insult to the injury the motor died completely while they were test driving it. They hauled it back to their shop and, I'm biting the bullet, we're putting a new one in.

Fortunately we have a loaner, as they're having some trouble sourcing the cables, which were corroded a bit. Sounds like it'll be a few weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx
I gave up. My car died on interstate months ago, got it home. . I called for help, wrote emails. Zero response. I couldn't drive there , car dead, couldn't send car too a non response shop. I was out 2k. Oh well , suck it up and move on. Not good business model. To say "we are swamped"" is not the reply or answer. Blah, blah, enough said.

I gave up. My car died on interstate months ago, got it home. . I called for help, wrote emails. Zero response. I couldn't drive there , car dead, couldn't send car too a non response shop. I was out 2k. Oh well , suck it up and move on. Not good business model. To say "we are swamped"" is not the reply or answer. Blah, blah, enough said.

And Tesla's mission statement is no longer about "Sustainable Transportation".

Oh, man. Now this is not good, and worrisome to put it mildly. This points to something business-catastrophic like sudden loss of capital to operate, e.g. lawsuit or other. Jason has always come across as a standup guy and real testimonials from longtime members here.
He did chime in recently saying there’d be an update soon, but like I said, something must’ve ratcheted up. I can understand questions about BMDs etc. can go unanswered, but for folks like you that have had a failure, there should be a bat-phone way to connect.

Sh!t man. I’m sorry. This is NOT good.