Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was down for about 24 hrs while the server was physically

We can only hope that 057 technologies isn't on it's way out.

I get it, companies get overloaded and employees are spread thin - but as a customer, we're hoping to gain a level of confidence that we are getting what we paid for. Unfortunately, with some of the concerns surfacing - it's going to come across our minds that 1. the company is in trouble or if 2. validity of the warranty is still intact.

Some concerns/issues that I've read through these pages
- lack of communication
- no BMD update
- website going down
- refund checks not fulfilled
- no update on twitter for ~year
- no invoices showing up in customer accounts
- phone systems not answering

Hoping these will be addressed soon. If there’s reasons to all of this, communication is key. This thread started off strong, and was hoping to continue its strong trajectory.

If 057 technologies took on a bigger bite than they can chew, imo the company will have to manage that. 057, we believed in the company which is why there was such a big support here, but please bring back the connection to the supporters. Maybe provide some current success stories of repaired batteries under warranty?

I'm sure there's a lot of accounts that have been created for the extended warranty plan, so a strong update would be vital to increase the confidence level for account holders. I don’t want to begin to think we will not have the warranty or the refund that was promised.
You couldn’t have said it any BETTER my friend. @057 tech, you need to explain what’s going on for us who’ve paid into this.

You couldn’t have said it any BETTER my friend. @057 tech, you need to explain what’s going on for us who’ve paid into this.
I’ve never seen anyone owe as much money to forum members as this guy- YET, he still gets tons of likes like a celebrity when he posts here. Very interested to see how this plays out.

I’ve never seen anyone owe as much money to forum members as this guy- YET, he still gets tons of likes like a celebrity when he posts here. Very interested to see how this plays out.
Lots of reasons for concern. I’ve seen many well-intended (and just as many not well-intended) automotive companies exhibit these sorts of drain-circling warning signs before… can’t recall a single one that pulled out of it.

It’s because he’s actually delivered up until recently - long time/respected members here upgraded packs, actually received service, etc.

Obviously, I too am concerned as I’ve paid for the extended warranty as well, but squarely put this in business-challenges category vs “he’s scamming everyone”. Between him, Recell, and the shop in Cali, that’s all we really have in this early stage of non-Service Center HV options. Gruber faced similar challenges. The fires were def unfortunate, but as they grew, all sorts of stories came out regarding service. That’s why I hope 057 Tech survives.

but squarely put this in business-challenges category vs “he’s scamming everyone”.
I definitely agree - unfortunately the end result is the same for the customer.

It’s a well-tested formula. Ambitious and innovative product/service launch hits unforeseen snags. Reputation and good will keeps people satisfied in the short term. Temporary snags turn into long-term delays. Increasingly convoluted excuses are made. More people get concerned/upset, overwhelming support resources. Company responds by no longer responding to support requests at all. Updates to community from leadership become less frequent and increasingly defensive. Eventually it all just goes poof. 💨

I’m positive nobody at 057 set out with this intention… but you know what they say about intentions.

sigh…was hoping for a significant update post after two weeks, but the only thing 057 has responded to was to a server update, probably the least important item.

Hate to say it, but I’m starting to have my doubts and fearful that our money is long gone. What are the legal perspective of this all?

Has anybody got their refund back? Unfortunately this thread is turning into an unpleasant thread for good reasons.

@057 - if you’re reading this, communicate and make this right. It’ll only end up worse being silent

sigh…was hoping for a significant update post after two weeks, but the only thing 057 has responded to was to a server update, probably the least important item.

Hate to say it, but I’m starting to have my doubts and fearful that our money is long gone. What are the legal perspective of this all?

Has anybody got their refund back? Unfortunately this thread is turning into an unpleasant thread for good reasons.

@057 - if you’re reading this, communicate and make this right. It’ll only end up worse being silent
Agreed

I just want some comfort knowing I purchased the battery warranty plan last year in July never received the BMD, own a 2014 MS with 90k miles with original HV battery pack and if something goes wrong with said battery pack, I can take her to 057 tech for repairs (within limits and scope of course). That’s all I ask for.

I just want some comfort knowing I purchased the battery warranty plan last year in July never received the BMD, own a 2014 MS with 90k miles with original HV battery pack and if something goes wrong with said battery pack, I can take her to 057 tech for repairs (within limits and scope of course). That’s all I ask for.
He isn’t going to respond. There are a multitude of members on tmc saying they are getting crickets. Spin city on the responses he has given. The one time I used his site I asked about a center console and never heard anything back. That was the clue I needed to not purchase the warranty.

Reactions: brainhouston
He isn’t going to respond. There are a multitude of members on tmc saying they are getting crickets. Spin city on the responses he has given. The one time I used his site I asked about a center console and never heard anything back. That was the clue I needed to not purchase the warranty.
Yeah it’s looking good. I can log into the website and no invoice is shown. Although I have it in my email still and saved as a PDF for future reference. Website also shows no battery plan for me when logged in. 🤬I’m crossing my fingers Jason and his team are still alive and in business, but not holding my breath anymore. Not happy at all.

• Informative
Reactions: tesluv108

You can still take it down there. There's plenty of space as long as someone hasn't bought the lease already.

You can still take it down there. There's plenty of space as long as someone hasn't bought the lease already.

Oh wait…..maybe this was a joke. Well dang, now their facilities are up for sale? 🤦🏻‍♂️I’m hoping there will be a new lease on the facility but 057 Tech will remain in business. Or maybe they are in the middle of a buy out with new owners?

Last edited:
Well this isn’t good.
IMG_1676.jpeg
IMG_1677.jpeg

Oh wait…..maybe this was a joke. Well dang, now their facilities are up for sale? 🤦🏻‍♂️I’m hoping there will be a new lease on the facility but 057 Tech will remain in business. Or maybe they are in the middle of a buy out with new owners?

I'm sorry. I have a dark sense of humor. I do feel for all you guys left holding the bag in this debacle and hope that eventually things will be made right.

Amazing, he hasn’t said one word about no longer being at the address he is holding out to the public on his website. If he “physically moved the server” he should physically take the website down because they definitely aren’t doing business there. Someone recent “stated” the website wouldn’t accept anything now. This appears to be completely false. I’m able to put my vin into the site and it will still quote me a price and ask me if I want them to send an invoice. If they are still accepting payments this is beyond shady.