Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not saying nobody does, just I don't know who does.

How many tens of thousands of customers did it take to get 1,215 reviews?
If there are lots and lots of customers for wk057, I will expect more than 8 reviews and most of them few years back, there is another local nc site that has 4 reviews. A local tire store I expect will have more than a thousand customers through the years and likely have more reviews than specialty shop like wk057, but don't need tens of thousands of customers to produce number of reviews.

If there are lots and lots of customers for wk057,
I don't think 057 Tech had lots and lots of customers. It is/was a niche specialty shop. (But maybe more people bought battery service plans than I thought.)

Even if there were lots and lots of people who bought battery service plans how many have had a battery fail and need to use it? Or would you expect them to write a review saying how easy it was to purchase the service plan, but they haven't used it...

I don't think 057 Tech had lots and lots of customers. It is/was a niche specialty shop. (But maybe more people bought battery service plans than I thought.)

Even if there were lots and lots of people who bought battery service plans how many have had a battery fail and need to use it? Or would you expect them to write a review saying how easy it was to purchase the service plan, but they haven't used it...
Why limited to service plan ? If it has done many many battery replacements before, I certainly expect more reviews ... why Jason and 057 tech are treated differently and have shield against questions than any other company, niche or small? I am not trying to discredit the person Jason Hughes, but anyone searching for reviews will have the same question about this company or in fact any company. A question is not a judgement.

Personally I don't believe Jason/057Tech is a scam artist and take the money and run type, there must be some reasons yet to find out, but there are also legitimate questions and concerns for those who have bought the contract, whether there are in the teens or hundreds really doesn't matter, that's the crux of the problem and I agreed with you that, it's a shame the company comes to this state.

While it is very likely the company has been sold by the account of a single person, but other than that, not really a lot of information is actually coming from the mouth of the horse, lots of speculations such as NDA, new owner dropped the ball etc ...

I don’t know Jason personally. I thought he was very smart, therefore when he began the service contract, I bought it and promoted it. Notice that I call it a service contract. It was never insurance. If it was, the business would have been subject to NC insurance laws. I knew that and took the risk. I knew that therefore, no money was being reserved on trust to fulfill insurance agreements. What anger me were his lies. I don’t think he ever replaced any significant number of batteries under the service contract (more than ten). Prove me otherwise. I don’t think he ever intended to supply the dongles. If he had production issues, he could have remediated that by requiring us to provide him our “scan my tesla” data monthly in a secured way. I feel he started this with good intentions, but it became a way to fund his business while ignoring his future obligations. In many ways, he intentionally or unintentionally created a ponzy scheme.

We have a little bit of evidence at hand. The old 057 location had been empty for months, as of October 17th, so they moved in July/August? And prior to that Jason let that poster know he sold the business.

Someone filed for "057 Companies" in Tennessee on June 6th. (Note: I am only guessing that this is related, based on the name/date; there are a surprising number of companies with 057 in the name.)

View attachment 996333

So here is my guess at a timeline:
  • Jason sold the business in the May/June timeframe.
  • The new owner(s) registered a TN business in early June.
  • The new owner(s) moved the business in July/August.
  • We didn't start seeing a lot of complaints for no response/service until October. (Are there a lot prior to this that I am missing/forgetting?)
    • I am ignoring the complaints for the lack of shipping the Battery Monitoring Device since they were honoring the warranty for those without one that had a failure occur after they purchased the service agreement.
    • One person even mentioned getting a reply to a web contact submission in around an hour in October.
But things seem to have gone radio silent starting in November. Did the new owner(s) bite off more than they could chew and gave up? If so, that is a real shame as 057, and Jason, have provided a lot of value to the Tesla community over the years.
Good find by name.

The principal also own another LLC in TN which is registered in LA also, The LA SBA PPP categories the LLC in gasoline station and convenient stores business.

1701747599231.png

1701747621378.png

And a new vendor in Tennessee today advertising battery/drive/other warranty coverage for some states, for 2017 and newer cars.
By all indications, they are a warranty/service plan provider, not a repair shop. See: Amber | EV Mechanical Breakdown Coverage | FAQ

"Where can I go to repair my EV:
In the event of a breakdown, please take your vehicle in to your manufacturer’s service center, or any Electrified Garage repair facility."

I’m just pissed all around. This battery warranty gig (clearly a F’ing scam now) was a HUGE factor in my decision to purchase a used 2014 MS last summer out of warranty. I hope you are proud of yourself Jason, if you did this with bad intentions. If not, you need to speak up soon. Stop playing F’ing games and explain yourself dude. Man up.
😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I’m just pissed all around. This battery warranty gig (clearly a F’ing scam now) was a HUGE factor in my decision to purchase a used 2014 MS last summer out of warranty. I hope you are proud of yourself Jason, if you did this with bad intentions. If not, you need to speak up soon. Stop playing F’ing games and explain yourself dude. Man up.
😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Not only that but how many people purchased this warranty that have no idea tmc exists to vent here.

😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
I definitely believe it wasn’t done with bad intentions.

But, you know, the road to hell and all.

Doesn’t matter one bit what his intentions were to the people left holding the bag, as you well know. The outcome is the same. The most unfortunate part is the silence on the subject. There is no excuse for that, try as many may to fabricate them.

I definitely believe it wasn’t done with bad intentions.

But, you know, the road to hell and all.

Doesn’t matter one bit what his intentions were to the people left holding the bag, as you well know. The outcome is the same. The most unfortunate part is the silence on the subject. There is no excuse for that, try as many may to fabricate them.
bad intentions or not, i feel like these situations (take over, selling, merger, whatever) doesnt happen overnight.

Things could have been said and done to protect the buyers.

i havent heard of one single story where the requested refund was successful.

bad intentions or not, i feel like these situations (take over, selling, merger, whatever) doesnt happen overnight.

Things could have been said and done to protect the buyers.

i havent heard of one single story where the requested refund was successful.
I am sure you have follow through the cancellation and refund terms in

and have copy of the terms, email delivery and read receipts, then you have the proper evidences in court. Let the legal system find out the truth.

Doesn’t matter one bit what his intentions were to the people left holding the bag, as you well know. The outcome is the same.
Intent absolutely maters. Similar to manslaughter vs murder convictions. But like everyone else on this thread, I don't believe the intention was malicious. Bad luck or a business miscalculation.

Wow, we’ve made the leap to Manslaughter vs Murder? While certainly not an apologist for 057, I’m a realist that the company went out of business (in whatever way, shape, or form), so if I want to recoup the leftover portion of the $2k already paid, I should pursue a claim, just like other businesses that go bankrupt.
The forums just provide a venting outlet.

Remember years ago there was a vendor here offering fully hand-laid, 100% carbon fiber wheels, a la Koenigsegg? People lost $$ on that as well IIRC since they took a gamble that never materialized.