Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Information suggests that Jason sold WK057 Technologies, the company that backs the warranty that is subject to debate, so I think you need to differentiate the two. I would do business with Jason directly based on his prior reputation and knowledge but the business entity known as WK057 Technologies, no way.

Reactions: hydro and ccalahan
Information suggests that Jason sold WK057 Technologies, the company that backs the warranty that is subject to debate, so I think you need to differentiate the two. I would do business with Jason directly based on his prior reputation and knowledge but the business entity known as WK057 Technologies, no way.
Thanks. What info do you have that Mr. Hughes sold WK057?

Reactions: NikolaWasRight
Thanks. What info do you have that Mr. Hughes sold WK057?
Because Jason told someone:

Because he told me he sold the company.

It seems like the sale was in the May/June timeframe.

And seems to fit with the evidence of an apparent, attempted?, move to TN.

It seems like they tried to move the business, and something must have happened, as it appears that they have just shuttered the doors. Though the web site is still up, but that will likely come to an end in a matter of time. Just like their vendor status on TMC has been removed, likely from lack of payment, which has likely resulted in the WK057 account being locked. (Likely a good example of why you don't want to use your personal account for the company.)

• Disagree
Reactions: GHammer and NV Ray
Thats what this thread has been about since Sept when he went silent. Scroll through and you'll see sleuths at work

@NV Ray is there something in there in particular that you disagree with? Do you have any information of something else? I laid out my full guess on the timeline a few days ago in this post.
My thumbs down on your response is because I specifically asked @GHammer based on his post that 057 was sold. Hope to get his answer soon.

Your answer/guess to my post is a great summary of myriad opinions based on anecdotal information. Thank you for all your contributions to this forum.

Last edited:
My thumbs down on your response is because I specifically asked @GHammer based on his post that 057 was sold. Hope to get his answer soon.

Your answer/guess to my post is a great summary of myriad opinions based on anecdotal information. Thank you for all your contributions to this forum.
I dont have any other information other than what has been posted on this site. In addition to the post that @MP3Mike linked to ,there is this one from Jason where he says "I'm not as much in the loop as I would've been a year ago" which somewhat corroborates the other post that he sold the company.

I dont have any other information other than what has been posted on this site. In addition to the post that @MP3Mike linked to ,there is this one from Jason where he says "I'm not as much in the loop as I would've been a year ago" which somewhat corroborates the other post that he sold the company.

That is interesting conclusion, of course no one really knows ... just some thoughts -

Jason on X has been quite active till August this year. Even in April, claimed he had fixed more than 1% of MS manufactured till 2015 according to his own calculation (note: percentage can means anything), last one I think related to wk057 is August 8 about a storm knocked out power in his shop and home.

About the sale, who will buy a specialty company ? What kind of due diligence (a business term) has it performed ? - assets, resources to continue operation include human resources, does the sale terms include existing debts and future obligations? Does the owner has experience operate this type of business? Why buying a company and then do nothing? Again, one can contend there is NDA ... but that's a total conjecture and until there is lawyer referral that can be substantiated, it remains as a mystery.

I am sorry, I don't buy the random searching a name that match its former company constitute a proof of any sort, it's a guess and just a guess. The supposed to be new guessing owner is in gas station/convenience store business, I highly doubted will venture into EV repair business.

If the matter cleared out and Jason decided to offer an alternative option to fix batteries and safe guard against same fiasco from happening, who knows - I may even ask for his help... every honest person deserve a second chance.

I am just guessing and throwing out questions, please don't take it I am taking personal against Jason the person. Hope one day the truth will come out.

Last edited:
And with all the conspiracies floating around, people still won't believe the truth... o_O
I'd love the truth to be: Jason sold the company, was bought out or changed positions within a new company, name was changed, paperwork still in-work, and once complete, everyone like myself and others who paid into this battery plan, will be honored with a new company and the same agreements for battery repairs !!!!!

Wishful thinking, I know...

I'd love the truth to be: Jason sold the company, was bought out or changed positions within a new company, name was changed, paperwork still in-work, and once complete, everyone like myself and others who paid into this battery plan, will be honored with a new company and the same agreements for battery repairs !!!!!

Wishful thinking, I know...
Yeah, that isn't happening. :(

Yeah, that isn't happening. :(

I think that's exactly what will happen (I have no inside info).

But it's unfortunate so much goodwill has been lost in the meantime.