Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Survey by Plug In America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a 70 without the D, there is not a 60D or 90 without the D.
It's odd that there's no information on the plain 70 on fueleconomy.gov. There was apparently a plain 90 that was available for order at one point, but it's not clear if any were sold. I also found Tesla's statement that the 90 kWh models get "about 6%" more range that the equivalent 85 kWh models, even though fueleconomy.gov shows them as having the same range.

I think I have it all sorted out now, with rated range numbers for all the models as shown on the updated battery capacity chart and the new chart of survey vehicles by model.

There was apparently a plain 90 that was available for order at one point, but it's not clear if any were sold.

Someone reported yesterday getting one as a service loaner in the UK. It was apparently freshly-registered (possibly a customer cancellation), though of course cars we get over here are a couple of months after actual manufacture.

It's odd that there's no information on the plain 70 on fueleconomy.gov. There was apparently a plain 90 that was available for order at one point, but it's not clear if any were sold. I also found Tesla's statement that the 90 kWh models get "about 6%" more range that the equivalent 85 kWh models, even though fueleconomy.gov shows them as having the same range.
That's because there's no EPA testing on the 90. The change was small enough that it didn't require a new test.

Someone reported yesterday getting one as a service loaner in the UK. It was apparently freshly-registered (possibly a customer cancellation), though of course cars we get over here are a couple of months after actual manufacture.
One was bought recently in England by someone who is known as Royz on speakev.com.

- - - Updated - - -

I could create a separate group for each model, but there are a lot of them: 40, 60, 70D, 85, P85, 85D, P85D, 90D, P90D. Is that list right? There's no 60D, 70 or 90? The 85 and P85 seem to have the same EPA rating, but that's still 8 different groups. The 85D and 90D have the same EPA rating (270), but it seems weird to group them together. Likewise for the P85D and P90D (253).

Another way to do it would be to show all of the vehicles divided by their EPA range, so showing a capacity percent instead of rated range.

Opinions?

On the UK site (and perhaps all the European) , you can order a 70 or 85 with rear-wheel drive only but no longer a 90. I do know of a 90 that was delivered on 31 December, however.

Been a while since we've seen any responses on this thread.

I just did my update for both our Roadster and our S. Emailed with @tomsax and found out he's thinking of doing a Model X survey as well.

So, I wrote a blogpost (and an article on Teslarati) to exhort folks to join in the survey.

It would be great to start seeing if there is a long-term difference with Model S classic nose (90D) vs a Model S new nose (90D).

I just updated the Model S survey to ask about body style when the model year is 2016. For other model years, it gets filled in with the obvious value.

I also added a question about wheel size, as that seems to be a factor in efficiency.