Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure you could instantly flip it and not lose money. You'd just have decide of the price of the Y was worth it.
I could, but then I'd be stuck with no car for who knows how long. (Or stuck with driving the Leaf!)

I figured that the price of a Model Y RWD at 10-12% more than the Model 3 RWD was worth it, but the risks were (a) timing (b) missing out on corporate discount - hence why I ordered in December (c) risk of price rises, which have happened (d) risk of RWD not being available at launch. Also, as it turns out, the risk of Pepper putting their finance rate up!

My Model 3 RWD in Blue is costing me just over $62k.

If the Model Y RWD had've gone on sale in December for $66k before ORC, it would have cost me <$67k (in white) and I probably could have stretched for it... but if it went on sale now, it would probably be >$73k. Too much for me.

I'm expecting the Model 3 to be a long term car (it's far more expensive than any other car I've owned) but if the trade-in prices are still high in a year or two's time, I'll have to reconsider!

• Informative
Reactions: Nobody Famous
I could, but then I'd be stuck with no car for who knows how long. (Or stuck with driving the Leaf!)

I figured that the price of a Model Y RWD at 10-12% more than the Model 3 RWD was worth it, but the risks were (a) timing (b) missing out on corporate discount - hence why I ordered in December (c) risk of price rises, which have happened (d) risk of RWD not being available at launch. Also, as it turns out, the risk of Pepper putting their finance rate up!

My Model 3 RWD in Blue is costing me just over $62k.

If the Model Y RWD had've gone on sale in December for $66k before ORC, it would have cost me <$67k (in white) and I probably could have stretched for it... but if it went on sale now, it would probably be >$73k. Too much for me.

I'm expecting the Model 3 to be a long term car (it's far more expensive than any other car I've owned) but if the trade-in prices are still high in a year or two's time, I'll have to reconsider!

In todays high inflation economy that seemly has no end, I am sure, being an 'in demand' item, it will still be more than likely worth more than what you paid for it new! Yes, you have no idea what is around the corner, so enjoy it.

Reactions: Chuq
Model Y for Israel.
Appears as though it will come from Berlin. The ramp of Berlin is insane. Hopefully Shanghai will be free enough soon and out of lockdowns to open Australian Y orders.